3+ Year Old Account

Allow Starter Edition Players To Delete Their Mail

Like, I tried out Death Knight, found it wasn't for me, but when I tried to delete the character (so I could use the name for a new character), it said I couldn't, since the character had mail. So, I got back on, to go check my mail, and it turns out I can't see mail as a Starter Edition. Fair enough, but I would still like to delete it so I can delete my character.

And before someone says "You can't play Hero Classes as Starter Edition, this is clearly a troll", you, in fact, can, you just need to level a character up to level 10 first. The only exception is Allied Race (which a Starter Edition player wouldn't have access to)/ Pandaren Death Knights, which require owning Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Wylyth1992; 2022-05-18 at 03:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wylyth1992 View Post
    Like, I tried out Death Knight, found it wasn't for me, but when I tried to delete the character (so I could use the name for a new character), it said I couldn't, since the character had mail. So, I got back on, to go check my mail, and it turns out I can't see mail as a Starter Edition. Fair enough, but I would still like to delete it so I can delete my character.
    Posting this here is a waste of time.

I don't see an immediate reason why it shouldn't be possible though, I guess their trial account setup is just a quick and dirty workaround and they didn't bother to check for these edge cases. I mean having mail that you can't see is already weird, you really only want to restrict trials from sending spam to others.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

And before someone says "You can't play Hero Classes as Starter Edition, this is clearly a troll", you, in fact, can, you just need to level a character up to level 10 first. The only exception is Allied Race (which a Starter Edition player wouldn't have access to)/ Pandaren Death Knights, which require owning Shadowlands.
    Whats the goal here? this is a tiny little fansite, go to Blizzard with Blizzard problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Posting this here is a waste of time.

I don't see an immediate reason why it shouldn't be possible though, I guess their trial account setup is just a quick and dirty workaround and they didn't bother to check for these edge cases. I mean having mail that you can't see is already weird, you really only want to restrict trials from sending spam to others.
    I assume they probably can't post on the official forums? Don't you need an active sub for that? So while posting here might seem useless, it's probably better than nothing.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ask on the twitter page and see if they can help or you can submit a ticket in-game.

10+ Year Old Account

I suggest you post it on Blizzard's forum, their Twitter, and as feedback.

Best way to do it. They most likely slither around MMO-champion now and then but not enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    I assume they probably can't post on the official forums? Don't you need an active sub for that? So while posting here might seem useless, it's probably better than nothing.
    Hmm that could be the case, good point. Still, then it's better to just pester them on social media. Maybe trying to get the attention of one of the CC guys would be worth it.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Whats the goal here? this is a tiny little fansite, go to Blizzard with Blizzard problems.
    You've had blues on mmo champ for over a decade now... Though I haven't seen one post in ages...

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I suggest you post it on Blizzard's forum, their Twitter, and as feedback.

Best way to do it. They most likely slither around MMO-champion now and then but not enough.
    It's also possible the guy thought there's a simple work-around which may not require GM-intervention. This forum, despite all its negatives, is pretty active so you can't blame him for at least trying. /shrug

7+ Year Old Account

Why aren't you just getting a sub`? The game is barely playable without one anyways.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why aren't you just getting a sub`? The game is barely playable without one anyways.
    No spare money. Also, you can actually play all of the Cata-Classic zones as a Starter Edition since the highest minimum level for them is 20 now. So, still a lot of content. My computer's not very good either, so don't want to spend money on it until I get a better one.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    You've had blues on mmo champ for over a decade now... Though I haven't seen one post in ages...
    Yes, and a decade ago this site had 200,000 users online at a time, now it struggles to get 100 users online at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You should make an in-game ticket to get this resolved this is third party forum we can't help.
    Yeah, got it resolved that way, though I still think they should allow Starter Edition players to delete their mail.