Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In total sales? Because that's not true, Sony announced they're shy of 20M sales of PS5 recently while Microsoft just announced 12M total sales for X|S.

Microsoft has outsold Sony the past two quarters (and Microsoft's CEO is doing a victory lap over that), but how much of that is actual organic demand surpassing that of PS5 vs. supply chain issues and there simply being more X|S hardware available that hasn't sold-out previously and folks are picking up now, is an open question.
    seeing as both systems have the EXACT SAME SOC in them, i doubt that's even remotely a thing, to give you an answer it's most likely due to the fact that PS5 is too expensive, game pass is a huge selling point and people are realising that sony just doesn't have the clout it used to have and is behind the times, add to the fact that MS is in the process of buying up ABK and people are potentially going for the XBX/S in prep for seeing some of the games made by these studios become first party exclusive.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Most of the games I play are brand new so no idea what you're talking about.
    Right, they have day 1 games. But the good games they add are old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Like ok enjoy your 5 year old games that you cant resell and lose your save data if you dont buy it specifically on xbox
    this comment makes it seem like you have never once looked at gamepass and as such are just regurgitating second hand information that's factually incorrect and passing off as true, if you're going to fanboi for a specific thing, at least make sure what you're saying is true otherwise you just look stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    this comment makes it seem like you have never once looked at gamepass and as such are just regurgitating second hand information that's factually incorrect and passing off as true, if you're going to fanboi for a specific thing, at least make sure what you're saying is true otherwise you just look stupid.
    I have a series x and i bought 1 year of gamrpass to go with it and only played ori 2. Thank you.

seeing as both systems have the EXACT SAME SOC in them
    I stopped reading right there. What a clueless take.

- - - Updated - - -

lol @ calling Video Games a fan boy when from the vast majority of her posts you can tell all she cares about is playing good Japanese games for the most part, which the Xbox sucks at providing, and has sucked at for the past 2 gens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

lol @ calling Video Games a fan boy when from the vast majority of her posts you can tell all she cares about is playing good Japanese games for the most part, which the Xbox sucks at providing, and has sucked at for the past 2 gens.
    Right. If skies of arcadia 2 was xbox exclusive id be shilling that till the end of time

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

- - - Updated - - -

i mean you're free to read whatever you like, but it still doesn't make my statement wrong, the only difference between the hardware of a PS5 and XBX is the way the hardware is implemented, MS obviously wanted as much processing power as possible so have gone with a different implementation of the RDNA2 hardware from AMD, whereas the PS5 even though it has the exact same base hardware as XBX is implemented in a way that makes it functionally work like the RDNA1 architecture giving it far less processing power than the XBX but still vastly improved over previous generations, please tell me how i'm 'clueless' again?

i do not follow said person so intently to know her post history or her own personal leanings, and i said 'fanboi' using that specific spelling because i'm fully aware of HER gender designation and used that specific spelling as it is the derogatory spelling of the word, try learning what context clues mean please.

as far as 'good japanese games' is concerned, that's purely subjective and has nothing to do with how good or bad the XBX performs, and yes, MS historically has been unable to get their hands on game rights for games out of japan/Asia traditionally because Sony has held the monopoly on that, and is often given first refusal when rights do come up for sale because of them being *SHOCK* *HORROR* a Japanese based company and as such are given preferential treatment due to archaic government regulations and practices, that's not necessarily the fault of MS or Xbox, but that's changing after a report said that in a recent time period measurement more japanese customers were buying up the XBX/S and not going for the Playstation offering this time around, so take from that what you want.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a series x and i bought 1 year of gamrpass to go with it and only played ori 2. Thank you.
    that's great happy you enjoy it, but your opinion above which is what i was quoting is not fact, and the tone of the comment comes across as stereotypical 'fanboi-ism', just because you dislike or don't have an interest in the rest of the products offered there due to your own personal biases doesn't mean the 10's of millions of people who are actively subscribed to the service don't find stuff they enjoy well worth the product price and if your entire arguement is 'lul old games go brrr', the vast majority of games played today are in fact 'old' games, based on your definition, the best games based on player numbers are all years old in some cases decades old, so i fail to see where your arguement gains any merit.

15+ Year Old Account
    i mean you're free to read whatever you like, but it still doesn't make my statement wrong, the only difference between the hardware of a PS5 and XBX is the way the hardware is implemented, MS obviously wanted as much processing power as possible so have gone with a different implementation of the RDNA2 hardware from AMD, whereas the PS5 even though it has the exact same base hardware as XBX is implemented in a way that makes it functionally work like the RDNA1 architecture giving it far less processing power than the XBX but still vastly improved over previous generations, please tell me how i'm 'clueless' again?

i do not follow said person so intently to know her post history or her own personal leanings, and i said 'fanboi' using that specific spelling because i'm fully aware of HER gender designation and used that specific spelling as it is the derogatory spelling of the word, try learning what context clues mean please.

as far as 'good japanese games' is concerned, that's purely subjective and has nothing to do with how good or bad the XBX performs, and yes, MS historically has been unable to get their hands on game rights for games out of japan/Asia traditionally because Sony has held the monopoly on that, and is often given first refusal when rights do come up for sale because of them being *SHOCK* *HORROR* a Japanese based company and as such are given preferential treatment due to archaic government regulations and practices, that's not necessarily the fault of MS or Xbox, but that's changing after a report said that in a recent time period measurement more japanese customers were buying up the XBX/S and not going for the Playstation offering this time around, so take from that what you want.
    My take away is sony and ms sales there are completely irrelevant when 25-30 of the top selling games a week are switch games. Ms has had ok japanese games in the past and they dont now because theyre stupid and wont bankroll them

And my point about the old games is why wait years for them and not even actually own them and then if you want to go back and play them you have to buy them anyway because they got taken off. Like just buy them lol
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-05-18 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My take away is sony and ms sales there are completely irrelevant when 25-30 of the top selling games a week are switch games. Ms has had ok japanese games in the past and they dont now because theyre stupid and wont bankroll them

And my point about the old games is why wait years for them and not even actually own them and then if you want to go back and play them you have to buy them anyway because they got taken off. Like just buy them lol
    and pray tell where does somebody buy these games from who doesn't live in the US?, genuine question because outside of your bubble there's actually very few places around the globe that sell physical games anymore, and those that do could be several miles from where you live, making it an expensive trip to get a specific game of any kind.

as far as 'good japanese games' are concerned, game pass has danganrompa2 on there, that's considered an epic game, they have a few of the older final fantasy games which i'm told were pretty decent, there's myriad games from the 360 era that are considered legendary, so unless you are after something extremely niche i fail to get your point about this demographic of game.

i have not been a console gamer since the original release of the XB360, and even then it wasn't long after i bought that, that i bought a brand new gaming PC and switched exclusively to PC gaming after i finished the Halo trilogy, as that was the only reason i even bought the 360, i haven't owned a playstation since the 'playstation 1' days, no game that has been on console in recent years has been enough of a pull for me to drop my gaming rig and invest in a console, and the vast majority of games i play and enjoy i can play on PC no problem anyway (majority of the time with a far superior experience due to modding and such).

15+ Year Old Account
    and pray tell where does somebody buy these games from who doesn't live in the US?, genuine question because outside of your bubble there's actually very few places around the globe that sell physical games anymore, and those that do could be several miles from where you live, making it an expensive trip to get a specific game of any kind.

as far as 'good japanese games' are concerned, game pass has danganrompa2 on there, that's considered an epic game, they have a few of the older final fantasy games which i'm told were pretty decent, there's myriad games from the 360 era that are considered legendary, so unless you are after something extremely niche i fail to get your point about this demographic of game.

i have not been a console gamer since the original release of the XB360, and even then it wasn't long after i bought that, that i bought a brand new gaming PC and switched exclusively to PC gaming after i finished the Halo trilogy, as that was the only reason i even bought the 360, i haven't owned a playstation since the 'playstation 1' days, no game that has been on console in recent years has been enough of a pull for me to drop my gaming rig and invest in a console, and the vast majority of games i play and enjoy i can play on PC no problem anyway (majority of the time with a far superior experience due to modding and such).
    Lol my "bubble". Pretty sure 3rd world still gets physical games.

All those games could get pulled at any time. They just pulled the yakuza games with like a week warning and theyre 30 hours each like wtf.

Ah, another pc gamer that doesnt play console games talking about consoles. Opinion discarded

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol my "bubble". Pretty sure 3rd world still gets physical games.

All those games could get pulled at any time. They just pulled the yakuza games with like a week warning and theyre 30 hours each like wtf.

Ah, another pc gamer that doesnt play console games talking about consoles. Opinion discarded
    i didn't ask about whether they were still available, i asked how far someone needs to travel to find a vendor, because as i stated you live in a bubble in the US where you have far more convenience than the rest of the world, you have stores dedicated to what are considered niche things in relatively short distances from where you live that the majority of the world could only dream of having.

you make the incorrect assumption i don't play console games, i play plenty of console games, i play them on my high end gaming PC with a likely better overall experience, just because i don't use the hardware of a console doesn't make what i'm saying any less valid in this case, the only time i would recuse myself is when talking about gameplay performance because obviously that's something i can't comment on, but actual game libraries and the entire point being argued here i can and have provided valid info on, you applying your own bias to that info is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I feel like people need to calm down about the first party line up. Release dates and announcements often don't happen until around E3 so they still have time to line something up for the fall.
    People are probably stressed about it cause we know soon enough theres a new next-gen console released not that far off. Atleast thats been the trend over the years. So naturally, when people invest lots of money into a console, they want games for it.

With this pace we can go and buy the next gen xbox before many big games are out!

Like ok enjoy your 5 year old games that you cant resell and lose your save data if you dont buy it specifically on xbox
    Get with the times, digital download only. Disc-less gaming is so good. Also, I'm calling from 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    People are probably stressed about it cause we know soon enough theres a new next-gen console released not that far off. Atleast thats been the trend over the years. So naturally, when people invest lots of money into a console, they want games for it.

With this pace we can go and buy the next gen xbox before many big games are out!
    yeah not happening, first off, the hardware needed doesn't exist in a form factor suitable for console gaming, secondly the cost of raw materials needed to produce said hardware has skyrocketed to the point where globally companies are cutting back on spending for components unless absolutely necessary, thirdly, EVERY SINGLE chip manufacturer is at capacity for wafers, meaning that if we completely ignore the current backlog of months worth of orders, the capacity isn't there for any new chip production, and won't be there for at least another few years to come, the current XBX/PS5 are going to be here and here to stay for a LONG time to come, unlike previous there won't a new release any time soon and even console revisions may be scrapped as a result of the aforementioned issues.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    Get with the times, digital download only. Disc-less gaming is so good. Also, I'm calling from 2010.
    I'm with Video Games on this one, I rather own the games I buy so I go physical. My PS and Switch games are two of my biggest collections. Doesn't mean I will pass up a good digital sale but 9 times out 10 Ill buy physical.

- - - Updated - - -

i asked how far someone needs to travel to find a vendor
    As far as using Amazon, Play-Asia and the many other sites that sell physical media.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

What the hell are you talking about lol, the previous 2 gens both lasted over 7 years.

I have gamepass ultimate. My problems with the service are more theoretical in nature. The fact that it is unsustainable imo, is my biggest issue. Currently we are in the wild west of this idea. Things are cheap and everyone only has one outlet or two. Huge costly AAA games are still being made, and it is a bonus for consumers to get them on gamepass. However, those games weren't gamepass games, they were traditional games started years ago. They weren't aiming for gamepass. I'm worried what games that are starting today, that are aimed at gamepass and similar services, will look like. I believe they will look like Grounded and not Fallout New Vegas.

However, that's theory. That isn't directly reviewing the value I am getting for my money, which will be temporary, as competition moves in value will go down, prices will go up, and even Netflix will no longer be the netflix of streaming anymore, as competition saturates the market and removes "gamepass" games from gamepass to distribute them to the next gamepass competitor.

As for now, in the wild west days of gamepass, not subscribing with an Xbox is a hard thing. You have to buy gold anyway, so why not go ahead and set yourself up for all these day 1 traditional games for "free".

Gamepass won't stay this good, forever, unfortunately, and I do worry about what kind of games it may spawn through marketing optimization or even incentivization. I don't want gaming to be a world where a game that is E for Everyone is arbitrarily almost guaranteed to out-revenue(notice I didn't say outsell) a M rated core experience. Nothing Gold Can Stay.

Nothing Gold Can Stay
    Robert Frost - 1874-1963
    https://poets.org/poem/nothing-gold-can-stay

Nature’s first green is gold,
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf’s a flower;
    But only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    So Eden sank to grief,
    So dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

So yeah, gamepass can't last forever(in its current dominant state over the service it pioneered, maybe invented, but certainly can't copyright, a service benefiting from the traditional model that existed before it, a service that has not caught up with itself yet, where games have not completed the first lap, nor competitors their first entry, so we can see what changes this will bring), and competitors will miss out on the wild west days and never quite be as valuable....but yeah, I can't predict the future, just guessing.

So besides the above, my biggest problem with xbox is that they can't deliver on AAA games. They have been promising to just wait since Crackdown 3. I should have never fallen for it again, but imo, they need a 2022 game.

Avowed, Contraband, or Hellblade 2, one of those will need to release this year, or Xbox is self-sabotaging their own platform. You might think it ain't important, I disagree.
    Last edited by Zenfoldor; 2022-05-19 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume View Post
    what about the people who cant get access to decent internet?
    ever think about that one?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    what about the people who cant get access to decent internet?
    ever think about that one?
    Even though it doesn't personally effect me currently this is one thing about this gen from MS that irks the shit out of me. If you buy a PS5 or Switch game 8/10 or even 9/10 you are getting a complete game install, it might not have patches or dlc but it is a playable version of the game that will work forever regardless of if you have internet or not.

With MS that's not the case because their "smart delivery" excuse me I mean "dumb as fuck delivery" means there is only 1 boxed game on the shelf and it only contains partial installs and makes you download the rest. Hell you can't even setup a Series X without connecting to the internet unlike a PS5 or Switch that simply work right out of the box. Their shit is literally a brick without the internet and it really doesn't have to be this way.

The internet complaint always makes me laugh because the people who complain about it obviously have the internet and are just assuming that there is some poor soul out there with no internet who can't play a video game that requires it.

Personally I think if you have no internet you probably have more important problems to deal with.