Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Lol, doesn't even seem like Arclight Rumble had an announcement tonight? Literally just Towellie promoting his own spot on a limited closed beta?
    Towellie not having any good insider info? Shocker I tell you, shocker!

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking of info, I wonder when, or even if we are going to get a Dragonflight Features trailer. Usually we got that first thing in the expansion reveal panel after the Trailer and a brief introduction. I can only assume that most of the features are not fleshed out enough yet, at least to the point where it's worth showing them off.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Hyping up the closed non-AU beta of Arclight Rumble starting is perfectly okay since Towelliee is actually excited for it. Don't think anyone actually mentioned an "announcement" and it's just another case of the hype thread reading too much into things.

A bunch of reviews also released so there definitely was an embargo lift on the game.

He knows what he's doing though.

If it's a game he got access to and plans to stream, he could just make that clear from the get go.

But I guess it's more lucrative to drop teases on Twitter for two days, making it sound like big news are coming and not denying any of the rumours in his own comments.

He was even on Mr GMs stream earlier today and chose to not clarify anything when both Dan and his viewers went wild with speculation.
    Teasing isn't breaking an NDA/embargo, confirming what is happening is. It's not that complex. Obviously the hype works in his favor, but that's just how it is (and is complained about every single time in this thread for all the past years it has been happening).

10+ Year Old Account
    That what he always does, teasing something big when it's only "meh" in the end, get used to it. He is no messia

(right now, you can read "alpha soon" for example, this can be mistaken but naive ppl will fall for it...)
    Last edited by Valysar; 2022-05-18 at 05:26 PM.

Here's how you do it:

"Hey guys, exciting stuff coming on Wednesday for the stream! (Disclaimer: I have no inside info on Dragonflight news, this isn't that.)"
    That'd be preferable obviously, but that's clearly never the case.

It is what it is, move on and go back to waiting for the next sliver of WoW news that'll satisfy everyone for less than a day, as the cycle goes.

Same with how he said wotlk classic would be more like wotlk++ with tons of changes and improvements to the game, take everything he tries to hype up with a grain of salt. The guy lost all his credibility long ago.

Well, this news drought is becoming exasperating...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it feels like they are in "Well take your trailer, some interviews, and don't bother us for 2 months untill alpha starts" mode. x)

What's even weirder is the fact it's been over a month now and we haven't gotten any news on the talent preview that they claimed they wanted us to see as soon as possible. Why wait this long to show them if beta is right around the corner?

7+ Year Old Account
    The silence is defeaning.

They could at least post the Dracthyr customization blogs.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    What's even weirder is the fact it's been over a month now and we haven't gotten any news on the talent preview that they claimed they wanted us to see as soon as possible. Why wait this long to show them if beta is right around the corner?
    I don't think it was a preview, I think they wanted the actual system to be out there ASAP, as in, for testing and to allow info sites to have time to make new calculators for them for players.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    The silence is defeaning.

They could at least post the Dracthyr customization blogs.
    I have to assume at this point that something has been delayed. Otherwise the only reason I can see for this silence is that Blizzard is stretching the content they can give to its absolute limits in order to ensure a smoother drought.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, its' not very often that we go 3 weeks without any noise being made from their side whether thats' a blue post or something else.

Looks like they just aren't ready and with Overwatch 2 getting more info which will probably be sparse with just 1 new Hero reveal and mayhaps a new map on June 16th.

IDK I am very confused right now, I thought they would get the talent calculators out for fun rather quickly and stuff. But, then it just went back into the crevice of waiting for the Alpha to unlock and well I guess we're in that point where it should unlock at the earliest and then June being when it is supposed to do so.

I mean the Interviews didn't really give you anything that would tell you about the expansion being content rich either other than a new scapegoat to blame if the expansion has little to no content in the World Content Team.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

1+ Year Old Account
    I just love the fact that in no way shape or form do they want to confirm 3 Major Patches due to the legality issues of them confirming it and then not being able to deliver it when they Cut & Run again due to being given the mandate of the community to Cut & Run after 10.2.

Honestly this entire cycle has been weird. The PR Approach they took with 10.0 Reveal was bad, the whole mimicking Shadowlands Alpha Content Creator Interviews but pre-Alpha state, the whole weird angle of "Oh we're really far ahead development wise" except we can't show or give the talent calculators, oh and again the only reliance of more content production in the game stems from a new team on the Warcraft Team that is dedicated to World Content as holding down the fort.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-18 at 06:20 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I just love the fact that in no way shape or form do they want to confirm 3 Major Patches due to the legality issues of them confirming it and then not being able to deliver it when they Cut & Run again due to being given the mandate of the community to Cut & Run after 10.2.
    There is no legality issue. They didn't even face legal troubles when the box for WotLK had a feature that was cut before launch of the game.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    There is no legality issue. They didn't even face legal troubles when the box for WotLK had a feature that was cut before launch of the game.
    Well, I am glad I can use that talking point then.

Doesn't make it less bad in the view of the product though. No confirmation on that side of things is as bad faith as can be in a game where traditions are the only thing that you can hold onto for guidance of the upcoming products and the content within said products.

I have zero confidence they will ship 3 Major Patches anymore and the best part is that there will be an incredible amount of people who will come back at me with the got'cha when they ship 3 Major Patches for Dragonflight as if the company doesn't now in the current moment have the mandate to ship less content to the consumer by the virtues of traditionalism which again is a sketch deal for the consumer in the end to invest in.

But yeah, again I find this whole period extremely odd. The lack of preorders on Reveal and all of this weird set up while still feeling like they got another embargo ahead. Its' all odd.

If anything the interviews tell a whole different story on the state of the product than what the game director want to express the state of product to be in and well with time ticking it sure doesn't seem like they've got this under lock and load as they seem to intend for people to believe.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-18 at 06:30 PM.

Nihil.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I have to assume at this point that something has been delayed. Otherwise the only reason I can see for this silence is that Blizzard is stretching the content they can give to its absolute limits in order to ensure a smoother drought.
    Do you seriously think month of no Dragonflight news after reveal + big interview campaign is sign that something is delayed? Why people always act like it's their first expansion? Not to mention there is still one SL patch to go that is focus right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    Doesn't make it less bad in the view of the product though. No confirmation on that side of things is as bad faith as can be in a game where traditions are the only thing that you can hold onto for guidance of the upcoming products and the content within said products.
    Are you new to WoW? They have never given 100% certainty on anything they have talked about so it is a bit strange to use that as something now. It really just seems like you are looking for any reason to manufacture outrage.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Are you new to WoW? They have never given 100% certainty on anything they have talked about so it is a bit strange to use that as something now. It really just seems like you are looking for any reason to manufacture outrage.
    Okay, well I don't think thats a healthy thing for consumers to deal with. If anything this whole concept is bad when they break those traditions. If the consumer has lost the standard that the developer provided it becomes imperative for them to restore the standard of which the product consists of to the consumer. I don't really think this is an illogical ask.

If the product cannot be questioned then it should have standards to abide by and if those standards are broken that's a huge problem because they are the quantifiable metric of what the consumer receives when they put in a purchase of the product.

The fact that the developers are non committal is not some sort of logical decision made with good intentions it has a purpose and intent of which you've relayed to me just now by making the "you new or what" argument as if I don't fucking know how this company operates.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-05-18 at 06:46 PM.

Nihil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Do you seriously think month of no Dragonflight news after reveal + big interview campaign is sign that something is delayed? Why people always act like it's their first expansion? Not to mention there is still one SL patch to go that is focus right now.
    Because it's still a month wait for what the developers said would be a quick turnover.
    Usually this is mitigated because we have more info to go on with Blizzcon, as well as the last patch of the relevant expansion being around the corner.

The fact that Ion said, and then confirmed that the expansion is very far along, as well as stating that they want to give us more info as soon as possible does make it weird that they have not said anything yet.