Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Really enjoying CS3, lot of great quality of life improvements although I'm not a fan of turbo mode now being mapped to the touch pad.

Took me a bit to realize that quick travel is more actively available so spent alot of time running out of dungeons on foot instead of just using quick travel to leave lol. But otherwise it's alot of fun so far.
    Favorite characters and story thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I'm not one for picking favorites. But I do feel like 3 has the benefits that come with being the third one. It just feels like a refined version of CS1. Similar structure but not as many characters to keep track of which is greatly appreciated.

Plus it just looks better though that might not be fair since 1 and 2 were obviously made for PS3 and Vita.

The friendly bad guy shtick is a little annoying though. I mean I like the villains but there's something to be said about having an actual despicable villain to go up against.

Altina for sure. her growth across all games is great
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

I really wish they'd update the Dragonslayer line of LoH. I really loved that game back on the TurboGrafix days.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    I really wish they'd update the Dragonslayer line of LoH. I really loved that game back on the TurboGrafix days.
    As far as old LoH games go, it would be cool if the PC-98 Garghav trilogy got an English translation. Those games look aesthetically superior to the PSP remakes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am liking 3rd, especially some of the new tracks like jade corridor, but the doors are pretty zzzzz

Time to get hyped for a game releasing in Japan this September, but won't be coming here until at least 2025!

Announcement trailer dropped last month, but there wasn't any other info at the time so I didn't consider it worth posting on its own.

Here is some battle footage. There is no sound.

Yesterday the official website was updated and we've gotten new screenshots and party members:

Elaine gets a new coat.

Agnes has a new outfit as well.

Two Gralsritter, Celis and Shion, will be playable.

Given that there are so many Gralsritter running around in public wearing the same uniform (not to mention that one of the Anguis is a Dominion himself), you'd think that Ouroboros would have immediately recognized that Kevin was a Dominion when he was running around in Liberl wearing that uniform.

A new villain, a masked man who can transform into a Grendel, just like Van. He also has an AI, called Altera.

Other characters will be showing up, such as Renne and people who look similar to Quatre. Seems like Swin (character from Hajimari/Reverie) will be playable.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-05-14 at 11:51 PM.

Finally finished Cold Steel 3, really enjoyed it and I'm looking forward to seeing how it all wraps up.

I did consider waiting for the Crossbell games but then I realized that's dumb, I'd lose all interest by then and just moved on to 4. Really enjoying it so far and the fact that I only have a vague idea of who some of these characters are doesn't bother me at all. Should make Zero and Azure fun to play through later on.

15+ Year Old Account
    Zero is so good and im mad i didnt play it sooner

I was joking I'll be over 50 by the time this series is finished. It may actually happen...

15+ Year Old Account
    Well while im not past cs2, it is really weird to me calvard is only getting 2 games so its possible theyre rushing it

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Well while im not past cs2, it is really weird to me calvard is only getting 2 games so its possible theyre rushing it
    After five games of Rean happened, all bets are off on how long Calvard will be. CS2 seemingly was the end of the Erebonia arc and we were going to get a world war arc next, only for us to get more Erebonia-centric stuff.

15+ Year Old Account
    After five games of Rean happened, all bets are off on how long Calvard will be. CS2 seemingly was the end of the Erebonia arc and we were going to get a world war arc next, only for us to get more Erebonia-centric stuff.
    Well id hope wed get 3 or 4 of them considering how large it is and and how hyped up its been since fc and at most i can see 1 game in remiferia and arteria

Well id hope wed get 3 or 4 of them considering how large it is and and how hyped up its been since fc
    Right now the main concern about Kuro/Calvard is the seemingly low sales in Japan. Kuro 1 sold 50,000 copies during its first week, the lowest selling Trails game since 3rd in 2007, which was 14 years prior. Even Hajimari sold 83,000 copies. I'm not sure if it's indicative of people having only really cared about Rean and tuning out after his story ended, or if people are disinterested in the setting of Calvard, or if people just aren't buying games for the PS4 anymore. There is also the gameplay changes that might be a turn off (action combat, no minigames, no choose your waifu, etc). The loss of composer Takahiro Unisuga might also be a factor.

These are low sales in Japan, however. If Trails got day 1 releases on Switch, I'd imagine that the sales would be a lot higher. Foreign markets (particularly China and Korea) are making up more and more of Trails' revenue, but those regions get translations way faster than the West does.

at most i can see 1 game in remiferia and arteria
    At this point, I doubt every country will be explored. Remiferia has even less going for it than North Ambria did. The only thing we know about Remiferia is that a famous pharmaceutical company propped up there, and that's pretty much it. North Ambria at least had its history established early on with the Salt Pale, the nobles fleeing, the collapse of the country, and the rise and fall of the Northern Jaegers. North Ambria was ripe to be glimpsed during the Cold Steel arc but was only described in flashbacks (though the upcoming Trails anime is to be set in it). Kuro retcons in a couple new countries but we barely know anything about them either.

Current speculation is that after Calvard, we might explore the islands to the South of Zemuria, or the island to the East of Zemuria. Then the series will end with us going to Arteria and finding out what the Church's deal is, and (CS4 ending) going to the Outside/Beyond.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-05-18 at 08:47 PM.

or if people just aren't buying games for the PS4 anymore.
    It's literally this.

A company that focuses on Japan and doesn't release their games in the west until years and years later being PS4 exclusive is something only dumbass falcom would do. If your games can't be released day and date on Switch then they should be localized and released ASAP in the west because the PS4 is on its last legs in Japan and the PS5 stock situation is abysmal on top of it.

When the entire top 20 sellers weekly in Japan are regularly 18/20 Switch games and sometimes rarely even 20/20 you have to be a massive idiot to not support that console as a domestic centric developer. PS4/5 and PC releases are good for growing the franchise in the rest of the world but these motherfuckers won't even release the game in the west for 3-4 years.

Like look at Tales of Arise, that shit would of been BOMBA AF if it only released in Japan, but it was actually the fastest selling in the franchise. If Falcom still wants to be idiots and not seek out faster localization solutions then they have to develop for Switch as main platform.

Finally finished Cold Steel 4. Overall I really enjoyed these games. Yeah they had problems but it was worth pushing through in the end.

Maybe I'll replay the sky games before Zero comes out but for now I need to play some different games for a bit.

15+ Year Old Account
    I finally finished azure. It and zero were incredible and some of the best osts of all time. On to cold steel 3

I finally finished azure. It and zero were incredible and some of the best osts of all time. On to cold steel 3
    What did you like about it? Dislike? Wish things could have been done differently?

15+ Year Old Account
    What did you like about it? Dislike? Wish things could have been done differently?
    I disliked some of the repetitive dialouge, some of the backtracking and grimwood was the true villian all along was very anti climatic and out of left field because arios was already the "im helping them to get my family back" character

Everything else was great but the osts are 15/10

New Kuro no Kiseki II trailer, and 4k gameplay footage (no audio):