Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Draenei & Tauren Rogues coming in Dragonflight...!?!

From the MrGm interview with Holinka...

New Race/Class Combinations
    • The team wants to move towards a world where the race of a character is not an inhibitor to what class you can play.
    • Rogues, mages, and priests will be available for all races on launch of 10.0
    • Classes that require more work with custom forms and animations will most likely be thought of and added over time.
    • Classes that have strict lore adherence will likely need more set-up.

I already have my "Byron" name secured; if you listen closely you can almost hear the sounds of my hooves as I sneak about every so stealthly...! ;^p

So rogues getting another stun

5+ Year Old Account
    Classes that require more work with custom forms and animations will most likely be thought of and added over time.
    So where is warlocks of each race? since they have no race-specific animations/forms or mounts. (which is sad, i only for unique pets and demons for each race but blizz don't cares)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I stopped playing this game. All immersion, common sense, logic, and lore love thrown right out the fucking door.

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters. And let's forget cool new classes like Necromancers, chronomancers, and transmog options for hunter and warlock pet skins.

Dumb. So fucking dumb. Wow is pure garbage now. No interest in ever returning. I left mid BFA and haven't looked back. Doesn't look like I'll be returning. I hung around here and wowhead to keep up with lore, but maybe not even that will be a thing for me anymore.

Fuck WoW.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-05-18 at 08:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    I'm so glad I stopped playing this game. All immersion, common sense, logic, and lore love thrown right out the fucking door.

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters.

Dumb. So fucking dumb. Wow is pure garbage now.
    There's quite literally no reason that orcs cannot be Paladins. We have Mag'har orcs too who were never corrupted, so that's not even an argument.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    There's quite literally no reason that orcs cannot be Paladins. We have Mag'har orcs too who were never corrupted, so that's not even an argument.
    This idiocy is exactly why this game became pure trash. Congratulations, you got what you wanted, or will be I'm sure.

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters.

Dumb. So fucking dumb. Wow is pure garbage now. No interest in ever returning. I left mid BFA and haven't looked back. Doesn't look like I'll be returning. I hung around here and wowhead to keep up with lore, but maybe not even that will be a thing for me anymore.

Fuck WoW.
    The only reason to be this upset is if they were adding things like undead paladins.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The only reason to be this upset is if they were adding things like undead paladins.
    What makes u think they won't? Its only a matter of time.

Wow at this point should be a mindless loreless pure gameplay based game. I'd have more respect and acceptance if they just said and admitted lore doesn't mean shit to them nor the players and for those reasons, no longer be extending, expanding, or creating new lore or basing gameplay around the lore anymore.
    Last edited by PsychoSe7eN; 2022-05-18 at 08:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Wow at this point should be a mindless loreless pure gameplay based game. I'd have more respect and acceptance if they just said and admitted lore doesn't mean shit to them nor the players and for those reasons, no longer be extending, expanding, or creating new lore or basing gameplay around the lore anymore.
    Overly angry calm your tits.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    One can only hope, I have wanted to play an Undead Pally ever since they killed DK's best spec off in WOTLK. I want something that plays like Blood DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd be totally fine with this. I don't give 2 shits about the lore after Wrath and just want to play the game. I have never read a quest's text in the 17 years I have played the game, I play to do dungeons and raids beyond that I caould care lesss.

3+ Year Old Account
    This has to be a troll. Like, seriously, there is nothing preventing Draenei and Tauren (lore wise) from being Rogues. Seriously, hooved animals in real life are fully able to be stealthy. And as for Priests, this is more of a thing of Priests having both the Light based Holy and Discipline specs and the Void based Shadow spec.

Also, a cool name for a Forsaken Paladin order would be "The Flagellants". You know, since they feel pain when the use the Light.

You're mad because the generic, low ceiling classes are being given to everyone because the lore says it's okay and you're treating it like classes are being added to races where it doesn't make sense (undead paladins killing themselves with their own light, void elf paladins and demon hunters when it was already proven how literally unstable such combinations are).

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Overly angry calm your tits.
    Nah, don't feel like it. I've invested enough into this franchise to be allowed to vent. So you can KFO.

3+ Year Old Account
    Undead can use Light, it's just that it's painful for them to use, so only one willing to go through that pain would be willing to use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    This idiocy is exactly why this game became pure trash. Congratulations, you got what you wanted, or will be I'm sure.
    The original Warcraft lore is idiocy? So what lore exactly did you think was acceptable?

Let's add undead pallies next. I mean, why not right. And while we are at it, orc pallies, dranei warlocks, and Gnome demon hunters. And let's forget cool new classes like Necromancers, chronomancers, and transmog options for hunter and warlock pet skins.

Fuck WoW.
    So all immersion, common sens, logic, and lore love have been thrown right "out the fucking door" since vanilla, since there have been rogue tauren since vanilla (and TBC for draeneï rogues) ? Right ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    So all immersion, common sens, logic, and lore love have been thrown right "out the fucking door" since vanilla, since there have been rogue tauren since vanilla (and TBC for draeneï rogues) ? Right ?
    Don't forget that there's been an undead paladin since Vanilla as well - but we won't talk about that!

I'm in full support of it.

Honestly with how long the races have been comingling, I don't think most class/race combos to be added would even require new lore.

Where did orcs learn to be paladins from? The blood elves, for example. If the cenarian circle will accept trolls, tauren and worgen, why not teach other races interested in becoming druids?

The only cases IMO where race/class combos should be restricted at this point are where it's either an impossibility for a race to be a class (which I don't think is the case for draenei/tauren rogues. Especially considering the outlaw spec which isn't stealth focused anyway.) Or cases where a class requires a specific timeline like demon hunters. (Even then I wouldn't mind having a new demon hunter experience added where they recruit new races.) Or where there are race specific forms etc they would need time to work on.

Let people play what they want and come up with their own RP backstories if they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylyth1992 View Post
    Undead can use Light, it's just that it's painful for them to use, so only one willing to go through that pain would be willing to use it.
    There's Undead Scarlet Crusaders that use The Light in EPL. The lore point of "The Light refuses to empower the Undead" is kinda out the window.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Waiting on Dragonflight to faction change my Kul Tiran Outlaw Rogue, was thinking about making Byron the Tauren Rogue a Highmountain Tauren, but he needs to be a regular Tauren to make him match the actual comic Byron, so...

But while I wait I am going to put together a four Vulpera mini alt army to handle a bunch of professions duties, my first real venture into alts since I started playing WoW at the tail-end of Wrath......