View Poll Results: 10 days left, what'll it be?

Voters
92. This poll is closed
  • Hard Brexit (crash out)

45 48.91%
  • No Brexit (Remain by revoking A50)

24 26.09%
  • Withdrawal Agreement (after a new session is called)

0 0%
  • Extension + Withdrawal Agreement

3 3.26%
  • Extension + Crashout

9 9.78%
  • Extension + Remain

11 11.96%
    Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Well we have our fair share of radicalised crazies with no self restraint just like most nations.
    Careful now, you wouldn't want to anger those radicalized crazies. They might like, egg your house. I don't think anyone can recover from such violent attack by extremists.

Hopefully whoever it was vandalising the statue will feel the full force of the new crime bill which provides for 10 years in jail for criminal damage to a memorial.
    M8, you think sending someone to prison for 10 years for throwing some eggs at a shit statue is worth the cost to British taxpayers?

Well we have our fair share of radicalised crazies with no self restraint just like most nations. Brexit hasn't fixed that unfortunately. Hopefully whoever it was vandalising the statue will feel the full force of the new crime bill which provides for 10 years in jail for criminal damage to a memorial.

There is no aspect of modern British life today that doesn't owe a huge debt of gratitude to Margaret Thatcher.
    She was financially illiterate, and left the country with more debt than she started with despite selling off the "family silver" that was all owned by the country when she took control. She created the Right to Buy, which has had massive negative impacts on the availability of social housing ever since. Which indirectly led to the absurd notion that properties are investments, not places to live, which means ordinary people can no longer afford them. She damaged trade unions to the extent that we've had decades of stagnant wages for the bulk of the country, while those at the top raked in more and more. She set the stage for the removal of financial controls that are about to give us our third (or possibly fourth) "once in a lifetime" economic collapse.

Ironically, she was actually in favour of the EU, and will be rolling in her grave at what that dolt Boris has done.

The damage that Thatcher and her (mainly) Tory successors have done will take lifetimes to undo. It's led to this fucked up country, with people that are in full time work that can't afford to eat. With institutions buckling under the strain. With inequality at levels not seen since the French decided to take a more physical view of the notion of "cuts". Anything that happens to that statue is well deserved.

That you are applauding the fascistic approach of the Tories in criminalising anyone that dares stand against them is no surprise. I'm pretty sure we know whose side you would have been on back in WW2.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    but again as a statue was erected in her honour over this weekend
    I for one commend the Tories' commitment to increasing the number of public toilets in the UK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    She was financially illiterate, and left the country with more debt than she started with despite selling off the "family silver" that was all owned by the country when she took control. She created the Right to Buy, which has had massive negative impacts on the availability of social housing ever since. Which indirectly led to the absurd notion that properties are investments, not places to live, which means ordinary people can no longer afford them. She damaged trade unions to the extent that we've had decades of stagnant wages for the bulk of the country, while those at the top raked in more and more. She set the stage for the removal of financial controls that are about to give us our third (or possibly fourth) "once in a lifetime" economic collapse.

Ironically, she was actually in favour of the EU, and will be rolling in her grave at what that dolt Boris has done.

The damage that Thatcher and her (mainly) Tory successors have done will take lifetimes to undo. It's led to this fucked up country, with people that are in full time work that can't afford to eat. With institutions buckling under the strain. With inequality at levels not seen since the French decided to take a more physical view of the notion of "cuts". Anything that happens to that statue is well deserved.

That you are applauding the fascistic approach of the Tories in criminalising anyone that dares stand against them is no surprise. I'm pretty sure we know whose side you would have been on back in WW2.
    Thatcher was pro EU to the point of it being no more than a trading club, absolutely against the ERM precursor to the Euro and ever closer union. Actually it was her pro EU remainers of the day succession of chancellors that were financially illiterate.

Geoffrey Howe - remainer, John Major - remainer, Nigel Lawson - remainer (at that time ((though now realises the error has apologised and become an avid Brexiteer)) Heseltine etc etc Remember them?

Once again the damage was visited upon the UK by the remainers of her day, not Eurosceptics. There are too many achievements of Maggie that we all benefit from to mention them all but a couple cross my mind since your memory appears to fail. She was the first woman in parliament in the 1960's to vote down the 1533 Buggery Act of Henry VIII decriminalising homosexuality and paving the way for the modern LGBT movement Europe wide we see today. Decriminalising abortion, founding the Green movement by closing the coal pits and of course an easier path to Brexit now along with so many many more.

A visionary so far ahead of her time well deserving of any statue, it really ought to be in parliament square.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    I for one commend the Tories' commitment to increasing the number of public toilets in the UK.
    Desecration of a memorial is quite rightly a serious offence now.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ials-factsheet

Incitement to do the same also.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Yo, I'm still curious. Do you think tossing someone in prison for a decade, at taxpayer expense, is a good idea? Do you think that punishment and cost to taxpayers is justified by the expense incurred?

10+ Year Old Account

Oh no, the person living in Australia is telling me that calling Thatcher's memorials unisex toilets is punishable under a fascist Tory law, what do. /s

Maybe stop building monuments to shitheads if you don't want then defaced.

- - - Updated - - -

There are too many achievements of Maggie that we all benefit from to mention them all but a couple cross my mind since your memory appears to fail. She was the first woman in parliament in the 1960's to vote down the 1533 Buggery Act of Henry VIII decriminalising homosexuality and paving the way for the modern LGBT movement Europe wide we see today.
    This is a lie on two accounts.

First off, the first country in Europe to repeal its antisodomy laws was the First French Republic in... *checks date* 1791. So you're about 160 years too late to be claiming to have "paved the way".

Secondly, when she herself was in power she was responsible for the passage of Section 28, which is pretty much identical to modern Russia's anti-LGBT laws.

Decriminalising abortion
    Was done under the Wilson government in 1967.

founding the Green movement by closing the coal pits
    Her closing down coal mines had nothing to do with Green policy; moreover, her refusal to set up adequate public programs to help transition former coal workers into new economic sectors did irreparable damage to the North.

It's kinda funny how the only 'achievements' you can list are all blatant lies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Thatcher was pro EU to the point of it being no more than a trading club, absolutely against the ERM precursor to the Euro and ever closer union. Actually it was her pro EU remainers of the day succession of chancellors that were financially illiterate.

Geoffrey Howe - remainer, John Major - remainer, Nigel Lawson - remainer (at that time ((though now realises the error has apologised and become an avid Brexiteer)) Heseltine etc etc Remember them?

Once again the damage was visited upon the UK by the remainers of her day, not Eurosceptics. There are too many achievements of Maggie that we all benefit from to mention them all but a couple cross my mind since your memory appears to fail. She was the first woman in parliament in the 1960's to vote down the 1533 Buggery Act of Henry VIII decriminalising homosexuality and paving the way for the modern LGBT movement Europe wide we see today. Decriminalising abortion, founding the Green movement by closing the coal pits and of course an easier path to Brexit now along with so many many more.

A visionary so far ahead of her time well deserving of any statue, it really ought to be in parliament square.
    I'll take a fair amount of your bullshit with a wry smile on my face, but if you think you can hold Thatcher up as some kind of friend of the LGBTQ+ community you can fuck right off. Do you think those of us that were there have forgotten Section 28?

There really are no levels you won't stoop to in order to lie about these political idols of yours, is there?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yo, I'm still curious. Do you think tossing someone in prison for a decade, at taxpayer expense, is a good idea? Do you think that punishment and cost to taxpayers is justified by the expense incurred?
    Yes of course if the crime is serious enough. As Tony Blair once said "Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime." this is not just a Tory policy. If people think they can throw a revered historic statue into the harbour, as was the case with Colston in Bristol what is to stop them thinking they can nick their neighbours car and so on?

We can hardly deport them to Australia like we did in the good old days what else would you do? Anarchists the lot, lock em up expense be damned.

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    I'll take a fair amount of your bullshit with a wry smile on my face, but if you think you can hold Thatcher up as some kind of friend of the LGBTQ+ community you can fuck right off. Do you think those of us that were there have forgotten Section 28?

There really are no levels you won't stoop to in order to lie about these political idols of yours, is there?
    Section 28 was taken in the context of the Aids pandemic in the 1980's and when it was not medically well understood. No one at that time could predict the outcome, or how it would spread through society or the danger it presented. Perhaps section 28 was an overreation by the state, just as they over-react with another more modern pandemic today. There is no taking away that Thatcher supported in the 1960's, well before it became fashionable, well before section 28, what was to become the LGBT rights movement of today.

As her confidant and close friend Brexiteer Michael Portillo quite categorically states.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/p...-a6845121.html

He would know.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Yes of course if the crime is serious enough.
    So is the crime of tossing a few eggs on a statue worth the taxpayers paying for someone to spend a decade in prison? You still haven't answered the question, yet.

We can hardly deport them to Australia like we did in the good old days what else would you do? Anarchists the lot, lock em up expense be damned.
    Go figure the days of the height of racist imperialism are the "good old days" in your opinion.

Thatcher is a cunt, and legitimately I think her most popular moment was that time her corpse was carried down the streets and there was much rejoicing and celebrating.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...d-protocol-spt

Staggering poll shows 94% of readers believe ‘we haven’t got the Brexit we voted for'
    I'm sure this is all fake news, no? I mean, it was a reader poll after all.

Meanwhile 8 days ago - https://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...referendum-spt

Brexit was 'best decision' — readers have NO regrets about leaving EU
    I'm beginning to think that maybe Express isn't exactly a trustworthy news outlet.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    We seem to have passed the 600 mark when it comes to Brexit downsides. The latest?

Meanwhile, the list of upsides remains firm at a whopping 18.

- - - Updated - - -

They have their moments, but overall, yeah. They're a bit shit, along with the majority of their readers.
    Don't worry, Dribbles will come in and say there are thousands of upsides, somehow, without a link.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Don't worry, Dribbles will come in and say there are thousands of upsides, somehow, without a link.
    Correction: he'll post a link how the whole thing saved a thousand pounds and then say every pence is its own singular reason why this was brilliant.
    “There you stand, the good man doing nothing. And while evil triumphs, and your rigid pacifism crumbles to blood stained dust, the only victory afforded to you is that you stuck true to your guns.”

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Your wish is my command, I can do better than a link if you are really interested. In a handy cut out and keep 2 minute video to remind you why we will never be EU members again...

Ah the Japan trade deal, where the UK gets the exact same deal the EU gets. Except limited to the scraps of quota's that the EU didn't bother using up.

A wonderful Brexit benefit...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    His first point is the trade "deals" we've done with the likes of Japan, I stopped there.

Why are you unable to actually express what you consider to be the list of benefits without having to get someone else to say (verbally or in an article) what they are? Other than what you list as benefits being ripped apart for what they generally end up being, of course.
    Because there are so many benefits to me we would be here for another 10 years. Tell you what, how about I give you my number 1 personal Brexit benefit to be going on with = Ending the free movement of EU citizens to the UK.

So far more than 6 million applications have been filed for the EU settlement scheme since Brexit, nearly twice the population of inner London and officially almost 10 percent of the whole UK population are now of very recent EU origin. Enough is enough. And remember at the referendum how remainers lied and said it was only a few hundred thousand EU immigrants to boost the number of people voting to remain? Well we honest Brexiteers knew different and have been proven right, imagine the real number of eurochums now here if you include those who haven't bothered to try and legalise their position.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...il-march-2022/

If life in the EU is so much better than life in the UK why do so many, with some estimates in the region of 10 million, choose to now call Brexit Britain their home and have done their own personal EU exit? Well we brexiteers know why.

Because there are so many benefits to me we would be here for another 10 years. Tell you what, how about I give you my number 1 personal Brexit benefit to be going on with = Ending the free movement of EU citizens to the UK.

So far more than 6 million applications have been filed for the EU settlement scheme since Brexit, nearly twice the population of inner London and officially almost 10 percent of the whole UK population are now of very recent EU origin. Enough is enough. And remember at the referendum how remainers lied and said it was only a few hundred thousand EU immigrants to boost the number of people voting to remain? Well we honest Brexiteers knew different and have been proven right, imagine the real number of eurochums now here if you include those who haven't bothered to try and legalise their position.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...il-march-2022/

If life in the EU is so much better than life in the UK why do so many, with some estimates in the region of 10 million, choose to now call Brexit Britain their home and have done their own personal EU exit? Well we brexiteers know why.
    Well look at that. Given yet another chance to provide this mythical list of Brexit benefits, dribbles the cowardly liar (wait, were you the one in The Wizard of Oz?) chooses instead to NOT give us the list. Instead goes back to the "but Brexit was GREAT for the racists" point.

We've fucked our economy. Fucked our trade. Messed up our involvement in numerous international projects. Damaged our international standing. Risked peace in NI. All so we can keep them pesky foreigners out of the country. Reet-Smug is reduced to asking fucking SUN readers for their ideas of how to make a success of Brexit. While stopping the implementation of controls on imports because it would be "too damaging to the country".

And even this one racist point you can make is going to be undermined REAL soon. I can't wait to see how many visas we're going to need to offer to get a trade deal with India. Then all those white European workers coming over here will start to be replaced with Brown Indian workers coming over here. I'm sure the racist Brexiteers will love that. Will they still see it as a Brexit benefit then?

You've got nothing dribbles, and you know it. Brexit has been proven to be a disaster, and the fucking idiots that pushed it have shown their lack of judgement in the way the NI situation is panning out. Shall we ditch the agreement we signed, and start a trade war with the EU and US? Or are Boris and his pals just going to continue with their "do what we want otherwise we'll shoot ourselves in the foot again" threats, that they have no intention of following through on?

Every day that passes Brexiteers look more like the idiots that they are. As I've said before, history is NOT going to be kind to your sort.

In all his years of trolling, this might have been the one honest post dribbles made.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    In all his years of trolling, this might have been the one honest post dribbles made.
    It is ironic that after all these years of his taking umbrage whenever we suggested that every racist voted for Brexit, the only benefit he can now come up with is "at least it stopped the foreigners coming here".

We told you so, dribbles, and you denied, denied, denied. Finally you are admitting we were right all along.

At this point I'm dead certain if Brexit was a bear that bit off his balls dribbles would be telling all of us about how great it was he never has to deal with itchy balls again and no the massively painful permanent limp he had wasn't a bother.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    At this point I'm dead certain if Brexit was a bear that bit off his balls dribbles would be telling all of us about how great it was he never has to deal with itchy balls again and no the massively painful permanent limp he had wasn't a bother.
    Not a racist enough reason.

He’d blame the Polish and ignore the bear.