• Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I really want this social contract to actually make people quit, if this forum thread means anything to anyone: it should prove that even though people THINK they are intelligent - They really aren't.

If you think this wasn't already a part of the TOS and EULA, you're mistaken lol - you've been agreeing to this since the dawn of time IF you play retail wow

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    What? It's two different issues... This is to address toxicity in the game, not the company culture. Do you think before you type?
    Warning, the below is sarcasm and is not meant to be taken seriously.

Don't you know? Everything Blizzard does to try to improve anything isn't out of a genuine desire to provide a good product or environment for their players. It's all just a shallow smokescreen to distract people from their horrible sins both irl and in the game and act like they're trying to do better. Don't you read the forums?

But yeah, there's a lot of folks around here who actually believe that unironically.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Eh.. Now that you mention Germany, I can share a little something.

https://gameslaw.org/german-courts-b...d-games-again/

This is Blizzard Vs. a bot programming company, ruling on actions of the EULA, for them to cease their operations, and locking the verdict to not be appealed, unless they take their case to a new court to appeal, which they most likely didn't.
    Considering the tone of the thread I think Shuriken was looking for something more along the lines of "guy gets banned either for something he did or for no reason cause Blizz felt like it and he sued them and either got unbanned, got all his sub money refunded, or some other settlement" type court cases.

Considering there've been arguments that consumer protection laws mean for some reason Blizzard can't ban you cause you pay.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Warning, the below is sarcasm and is not meant to be taken seriously.
    The guy who I replied to with my sentence sent me insulting PM on here and told me to kill myself I think I know why he is so mad about the new social contract. It's a bit hypocritical of him to shit on blizzard and then at the same time sent messages like that to people tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the tone of the thread I think Shuriken was looking for something more along the lines of "guy gets banned either for something he did or for no reason cause Blizz felt like it and he sued them and either got unbanned, got all his sub money refunded, or some other settlement" type court cases.

Considering there've been arguments that consumer protection laws mean for some reason Blizzard can't ban you cause you pay.
    Found so many court cases from the EU, most is Blizzard going after and protecting their IPs, and some are third-party groups (botters, bot makers, gold sellers, etc etc). I do doubt that people could afford to take Blizzard to court over something so minor as most players are connected to, and if they did, Blizzard would be rolling up fully prepared with papers which has been approved by multiple EU courts, that players have to follow certain agreements.

- - - Updated - - -

The guy who I replied to with my sentence sent me insulting PM on here and told me to kill myself I think I know why he is so mad about the new social contract. It's a bit hypocritical of him to shit on blizzard and then at the same time sent messages like that to people tho.
    If that is true, please do remember to report it to the moderation team. It is such behavior we want to go from community and game.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

That's your interpretation. And that's the interpretation that all the rightist use and mutate to their own desire

Considering he considers accusations to be convictions I'd say hypocrisy is his thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Found so many court cases from the EU, most is Blizzard going after and protecting their IPs, and some are third-party groups (botters, bot makers, gold sellers, etc etc). I do doubt that people could afford to take Blizzard to court over something so minor as most players are connected to, and if they did, Blizzard would be rolling up fully prepared with papers which has been approved by multiple EU courts, that players have to follow certain agreements.

- - - Updated - - -

If that is true, please do remember to report it to the moderation team. It is such behavior we want to go from community and game.
    It's less a matter of Blizzard going after other people or whether people have the resources to go after Blizzard. And more a matter of them thinking consumer protection laws mean they don't have to obey the EULA or they can chargeback all their sub fees and not get banned. Folks would point out other online services like Steam auto ban you if you chargeback your sub and if you don't come even in two weeks it's permabanned. And they'll screech "They won't let this happen in the EU, sucks to be you in the US with no consumer protection laws. I'll sue them."
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's less a matter of Blizzard going after other people or whether people have the resources to go after Blizzard. And more a matter of them thinking consumer protection laws mean they don't have to obey the EULA or they can chargeback all their sub fees and not get banned. Folks would point out other online services like Steam auto ban you if you chargeback your sub and if you don't come even in two weeks it's permabanned. And they'll screech "They won't let this happen in the EU, sucks to be you in the US with no consumer protection laws. I'll sue them."
    They can do the same thing in the EU. No court is going to stop them from stopping the agreed-upon services if you refuse to make payment. There are consumer laws, and there are business laws, and we've approved a lot of points in the EULA and ToS which have been supported by EU courts before. Many have been like, "Oh, I am an EU citizen, I have all the rights!" but Blizzard has changed a lot on the document, it isn't the old papers from way back, the ToS and EULA have been updated many times, and between many lawyers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Blademaster
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    The answer is simple and clean: Guys who use gamer words with guns.
    Men?

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Preliatus View Post
    Not read it and click Accept like I do with the ToS and EULA.
    This is the way.

https://tenor.com/view/mandalorian-t...y-gif-21058271

They can do the same thing in the EU. No court is going to stop them from stopping the agreed-upon services if you refuse to make payment. There are consumer laws, and there are business laws, and we've approved a lot of points in the EULA and ToS which have been supported by EU courts before. Many have been like, "Oh, I am an EU citizen, I have all the rights!" but Blizzard has changed a lot on the document, it isn't the old papers from way back, the ToS and EULA have been updated many times, and between many lawyers.
    That's the thing, these guys don't believe Blizzard has the right to stop their services. There are people in this very thread who have outright stated it. They'll even go, as you framed "I'm in the EU I have all the rights that EULA means nothing, just scrap paper." Seriously, this thread is nuts.

Will this reduce the amount of old people using trade to talk about politics?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ketsui View Post
    Will this reduce the amount of old people using trade to talk about politics?
    I doubt it is only old people, but if we go by people who say they'll quit, you should be experiencing less crap on servers?

- - - Updated - - -

That's the thing, these guys don't believe Blizzard has the right to stop their services. There are people in this very thread who have outright stated it. They'll even go, as you framed "I'm in the EU I have all the rights that EULA means nothing, just scrap paper." Seriously, this thread is nuts.
    There might be some points in the ToS and EULA which is weak in EU court but things like customer buy A but refuse to pay B, and now complaining about C is a sure shutdown. The same with a customer trying to recall payment with a fraudulent complaint at banks, which just triggers companies to do the same and lock down your account until further notice. There is a reason that courts remind people to keep clear ways of communication.

7+ Year Old Account
    did ya report the message?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    did ya report the message?
    Yeah, I did. He just proves the point of the social contract he was trying to discredit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcho View Post
    Free and abundant affirmation makes people weak, like you, my Northern cousin.
    Ah you're my southern neighbour. Guess that makes a lot of sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Talon8669 View Post
    I think peoples issue with the social contract is that they are being told what to do. I think it also leave room for exploitive behavior where people try to abuse the system to get people banned; but that's just speculative at this point. You would think the need for this "social contract" wouldn't even need to exist honestly. But then again we did just have 4 years of bad orange man and 2 years of covid not to mention the riots so people are pretty charged these days and all it takes is a random comment drop into trade chat and the whole system melts down.
    So on one side of the Social Contract they're asking you to try and help out and be a decent person by not insulting or harassing someone. Maybe even go the extra mile and help them out with a quest or provide information. That isn't a rule they're making. You don't HAVE to do any of the positive things they're asking you to do in the first part of the Social Contract. You won't get banned because you didn't say Hello or answer someones question.

On the other side of the Social Contract they're reminding you not to do these bad things to people like harassing, insulting, etc. and if you think they're JUST telling you to stop doing this now then you haven't been paying attention to the rules for the last 17 years. That kind of behaviour has never been accepted. Has this rule evolved over time? Yes, because times has changed and some sections of life has gained a bigger voice then before.

So being told what to do? They've technically been doing that the second you accepted the terms of their ToS. You literally cannot go through life without being told what to do. What do you think instructions are? Or the rules at your work? Or even the rules for driving? So the whole "I don't like being told what to do" argument is just stupid.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you refuse to play because of a contract that in broad terms boils down to "don't be a cunt", look inwards.

Huh, I didn't expect so many people to admit that they would rather not play than be forced to act like civilised human beings. Something that shouldn't have even needed a written contract, I thought, but apparently I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Loveliest View Post
    Huh, I didn't expect so many people to admit that they would rather not play than be forced to act like civilised human beings. Something that shouldn't have even needed a written contract, I thought, but apparently I was wrong.
    You'd be amazed how proud some of the folks are here of being an ass

Accept, I am not a 12 year old.

Accept, obviously, I want to play the fucking game.

Besides its really not that hard not to be a piece of shit towards other people.