10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I believe only ultimate inudes it.
    It may have been like that previously but I know for the last couple months at least it's been for all plans:

Well, maybe not console.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    Pretty sure you can always just "reaquire" the pass whenever you feel like playing through a game in that month.
    In all fairness I can provide, I actually think the EA pass is worth it whenever you want to play a game from EA.
    In fact buying EA games in this day and age (especially the singleplayer games) just isn't worth it anymore.

The pass is a lot cheaper.
    Pretty sure Star Wars Squadron for example was available on day 1 in the 15€ pass.
    It's a game you can clear on a weekend. If you aren't interested in the MP, it won't get cheaper than that for years to come.

I just don't know how it works for The Sims4 and the 100000 "expansions" (lmao) it has.

I mean, even stuff like Total War Warhammer 3 or Rainbow Six is included. Even Stellaris. It's not just EA-Games.
    If you are someone who buys games for SP alone, I think stuff like that is the way to go.
    Usually these kind of games don't last a month and I could've bought Mech Warrior Mercenaries 5 for 9,99€ instead of 40€ when it came out.

I didn't pay it much attention either, but I think it's a good deal for these "one time experience" games.
    And a good deal if you end up buying 2 games a year from the games they advertise anyway. (BF franchise, Mass Effect, EA games, Ubisoft games, Paradox games, Halo, Gears etc. etc.)
    If I remember correctly, they have quite a few JRPGS as well, such as FFXIII, Edge of Eternity, Dragon Quest.
    I guess I'm old school and would rather pay extra to own a game. I hate the idea of paying for the privilege rather than the right to play and having the rug pulled from under you because they can. It feels like my play is held for ransom. I rarely rented games from Block Buster, I bought them. I was completely disgusted with Xbone's stance on lending and selling used games.

- - - Updated - - -

I believe in all these sentiments.

Last edited by dextersmith; 2022-05-10 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I guess I'm old school and would rather pay extra to own a game. I hate the idea of paying for the privilege rather than the right to play and having the rug pulled from under you because they can. It feels like my play is held for ransom. I rarely rented games from Block Buster, I bought them. I was completely disgusted with Xbone's stance on lending and selling used games.
    Meh. I look at them more like Netflix for games vs. rentals. I will wait until a game I want to check out comes out on one, sign up for a month to play it and try out as many other games that look interesting and then let it expire when the month is out. Then, any games I tried that I actually want to own I will buy when I see it for a good sale price. Just did that when Guardians of the Galaxy hit GamePass. Enjoyed it enough to buy but not enough to pay $60. When it goes down to 20-30 I will pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    Meh. I look at them more like Netflix for games vs. rentals. I will wait until a game I want to check out comes out on one, sign up for a month to play it and try out as many other games that look interesting and then let it expire when the month is out. Then, any games I tried that I actually want to own I will buy when I see it for a good sale price. Just did that when Guardians of the Galaxy hit GamePass. Enjoyed it enough to buy but not enough to pay $60. When it goes down to 20-30 I will pick it up.
    Back in the day, I bought games on release day. With so many dlc's now, I'll wait for bundles instead of playing the game piece meal.

Same here. That's probably the most annoying thing in bundles: quite often they sell the base game without DLCs. It's a bit of a lose-lose situation for me. If I enjoy it, I probably end up buying some full package with all DLCs anyway, as it's cheaper than getting the individual DLCs. If I don't enjoy it, well.. that's a lose anyway. Depending on the game, it can be a bit like paying for a very extensive demo. On the other hand, there are exceptions, and bundles are for the most part dirt cheap anyway. Got some indie gems in the past which I wouldn't even have known about without them being bundled. But that's one of the reasons I don't buy many these days. Next to my few hundred games large backlog, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    Back in the day, I bought games on release day. With so many dlc's now, I'll wait for bundles instead of playing the game piece meal.
    Depends for me, some companies still run "dlc" more like expansion packs and I personally think that's fine, it's the ones that sell 4 dollar horse penises that annoy me.

for me these monthly passes tend to be great, because from experience there are a lot of games that may look good to me that I end up not liking at all. so having an option to try a variety and then buy what I want to keep playing is fantastic. but to each their own. I'm old school enough to remember free demos. back when those were more common, I didn't need to rely on rental pass to decide what to buy and what to skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    for me these monthly passes tend to be great, because from experience there are a lot of games that may look good to me that I end up not liking at all. so having an option to try a variety and then buy what I want to keep playing is fantastic. but to each their own. I'm old school enough to remember free demos. back when those were more common, I didn't need to rely on rental pass to decide what to buy and what to skip.
    I can appreciate that and $4 is nothing. I bought collector editions of Rift and Aion, only to give them away upon finding out they were garbage (and nothing like the beta's I participated in).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    I remember buying PC Gamer magazine mostly for the demo disc included. Discovered more than a few games I never would have played that way. Those were the days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Couple neat Fanatical bundles. This pick your own has one Finger Death Punch 1 and 2 together, so you can get em for a buck, which you should. Got this Guardian bundle mostly for Shieldmaiden.

7+ Year Old Account
    Witcher Anniversary on GoG. First game for free, other two for pennies:

https://www.gog.com/the_witcher_hub
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Couple neat Fanatical bundles. This pick your own has one Finger Death Punch 1 and 2 together, so you can get em for a buck, which you should. Got this Guardian bundle mostly for Shieldmaiden.
    I'm a big fan of Fanatical's pick-your-own bundles. Another good one this time around: https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...estival-bundle

You can get a single key for a $1 if you don't want the bundle. Detention is really solid -- definitely worth a dollar. Smile For Me is great, too, and the Ittle Dew games are supposed to be good. I have Yooka-Laylee from Choice but haven't played it, but another well regarded game.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I got Ittle Dew with that one. Pretty much get one of those bundles every time for a dollar game.

7+ Year Old Account
    Borderlands 3 for free this week on EGS.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I wish Humble had something to tempt me into unpausing for the first time in 2 years (other than the month I forgot to pause ofc)...maybe next months choice will actually be worth considering

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    I wish Humble had something to tempt me into unpausing for the first time in 2 years (other than the month I forgot to pause ofc)...maybe next months choice will actually be worth considering

They did say temtem would probably be in after the 1.0 release

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Temtem is actually such a better product than Pokemon, it's actually insane how fun it is.

Though a part of me does wish Pokemon would make their own MMO, I remember playing a fanmade Pokemon MMO a few years ago and it was some of the most fun I've had in a Pokemon game ever

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty stellar bundle during bundlefest https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...adliner-bundle

Thought about getting it for Tokyo Xanadu, but I have anything else I'd want. But still, lots of good options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Pretty stellar bundle during bundlefest https://www.fanatical.com/en/pick-an...adliner-bundle

Thought about getting it for Tokyo Xanadu, but I have anything else I'd want. But still, lots of good options.
    Where the Water Tastes Like Wine is a weird narrative game, but I really liked it. If anyone can't decide what to get to meet the quantity requirement and like story games, I recommend it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

This seems like an amazing deal for an Xcom bundle https://www.fanatical.com/en/bundle/...ate-collection shit's like 130 bucks on humble.