Page 1 of 2
LastLast

IMHO Druids should have not 4 but 2 specs.

Melee Feral and Caster Balance.
    Feral with Cat and Bear and Balance with treant and moonkin. plus both specs would have travel forms ofc.
    treant form could have a skill kilke [Blend] that would work basically as camouflage for hunters does so that they are not missing out on "stealth" of cat form.
    moonkin form would replace bear form's toughtness. Flap as anti fall damage skill or passive

Obviously wou wouldn't be able to tank and deeps effectively at the same time.
    End talent points for both spec would define your "real" value at given role, but you'd keep all the tools for "off role", kind of reversed Affinity.
    For Feral:
    Ferocity: full deeps oriented
    Cunning: a hybrid, between both, but worse at damage than Ferocity and worse at survival than Tenacity
    Tenacity: full survival option.

they could be as simple as +30% damage, +15% damage done/-15% damage taken, -30% damage taken
    but could be something else as well, numbers would be tweaked accordingly obviously.

don't have good names for Balance "affinities" yet tho ;P (wither for spellcaster, symbiosis for "hybrid" and growth for healer?) the idea is that instead of balance of sun and moon theme, balance would be all about of "circle of life" and "balance of nature" kind of balance.

Feral was changed to feral and guardian because balancing sub specs is a nightmare and never works out. Not to mention the way the game has you select a role. This will never be done.

Also im resto with feral affinity. Dont take that away from me.

There is no problem to solve there. Druids have 4 specs. So what? How is it a problem?

Resources are better used elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by FAILoZOFF View Post
    they could be as simple as +30% damage, +15% damage done/-15% damage taken, -30% damage taken
    but could be something else as well, numbers would be tweaked accordingly obviously.
    Nothing is ever that simple. It sounds simple, but it won't be.

Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    Also im resto with feral affinity. Dont take that away from me.
    I'm afraid (for myself as well) that the new talent trees will take all of them away

Not to mention the way the game has you select a role. This will never be done.
    It could be done that you are only treated as tank/healer for LFG purposes only with selected proper affinities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Nothing is ever that simple. It sounds simple, but it won't be.
    Everything would have to be adjusted accordingly obviously, with consideration of other classes.

It could be done that you are only treated as tank/healer for LFG purposes only with selected proper affinities.

Everything would have to be adjusted accordingly obviously, with consideration of other classes.
    But what would the purpose of these adjustments be? Why are 4 specs a problem according to you?

Melee Feral and Caster Balance.
    Feral with Cat and Bear and Balance with treant and moonkin. plus both specs would have travel forms ofc.
    treant form could have a skill kilke [Blend] that would work basically as camouflage for hunters does so that they are not missing out on "stealth" of cat form.
    moonkin form would replace bear form's toughtness. Flap as anti fall damage skill or passive

Obviously wou wouldn't be able to tank and deeps effectively at the same time.
    End talent points for both spec would define your "real" value at given role, but you'd keep all the tools for "off role", kind of reversed Affinity.
    For Feral:
    Ferocity: full deeps oriented
    Cunning: a hybrid, between both, but worse at damage than Ferocity and worse at survival than Tenacity
    Tenacity: full survival option.

don't have good names for Balance "affinities" yet tho ;P (wither for spellcaster, symbiosis for "hybrid" and growth for healer?) the idea is that instead of balance of sun and moon theme, balance would be all about of "circle of life" and "balance of nature" kind of balance.
    No this sounds absolute shite

But what would the purpose of these adjustments be? Why are 4 specs a problem according to you?
    I enjoyed feral more before the split than ever after the split.

Whats the difference between feral with guardian affinity now, compared to before?

Especially with how easy it is to literally jist change spec anywhere outside of combat. I just don't see this as an actual problem

This is a horrible idea in regards to balancing and gameplay. You have 4 full specs and want to turn them into 2 amalgamation that would take an untold number of hours to ensure that they can still fill their roles properly, while not being too extreme in one end or the other for dps survival or tank damage, while also having a viable heal spec that also doesn't do too much damage. Not to mention the players themselves constantly needing to swap talents because they're main tanking, or off tanking, or dpsing or being a main healer, or off healer, or just needing more survivability/damage/healing in any role
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

You do realise those have implications for actual fight mechanics? Besides, with the changes coming in DF this makes even less sense than it would have in MoP. Specs have also grown apart a lot since MoP, so it would require a complete rework of just about everything to the point that it would be much easier to make a new class than alienate 99% of druid players just to mollify you.

Your idea is just plain stupid.

Having a talent point define roles would completely and utterly screw up the Groupfinder.

Whats the difference between feral with guardian affinity now, compared to before?

Especially with how easy it is to literally jist change spec anywhere outside of combat. I just don't see this as an actual problem
    I mean, they are wildly different now than before. In, say, cataclysm you could have a full bear spec to tank heroic raid bosses, but by wearing cat gear do ~85-90% of the DPS of a main feral, you were far more versatile. One of the main factors here is mastery, back when there was only a feral spec, your mastery stat gave you both the benefit of cat mastery and bear mastery. The opposite was true as well, a cat geared/specced 100% for DPS could main tank any boss in the game (I did this for many fights in cata heroic raids, especially in Dragon Soul like Spine of Deathwing), a feral with guardian affinity today could never in a million years main tank mythic jailer.

I'm not saying this was a good thing (especially since you can now have MUCH more off-healing potential as cat/bear), but comparing current affinities to old single tree feral is not even close in power.

What an absurd suggestion.

These condensing specs threads are always baseless and pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Splitting them into 4 specs has generally been the best thing they have ever done for the class. Big and hard "no" to this thread.

No.

Sorry to burst your bubble but anyone in a position to make a change at blizzard doesn't read this forum, they instead prefer twitter.

Furthermore, the devs had a hard enough time balancing classes before the split. Do you honestly think it would be easier for them now that they have since added more class and specs as opposed to the time you are referencing with rose tinted goggles?

Think of it as you are running a company. Product A sells 1 million units, while product B sells 900 units. Are you going to spend time and money to hire more people to to do updates and such on product B? No. Especially while product A is generating more revenue for you.

Their should be a part of the TOS for wow, wherein it states something like "We can't balance / adjust our own game, if you choose feral, you are agreeing with the time honored ritual of waiting until the middle of an expansion to get spec balance within say 30% of where it should be. Oh, and before the end of any expansion, we will make incompetent changes wherein the cycle repeats. Welcome to playing feral, give us your money."
    Quote Originally Posted by 25165453757
    I am excite

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realise those have implications for actual fight mechanics? Besides, with the changes coming in DF this makes even less sense

Your idea is just plain stupid.

It is stupid AF indeed.

WHAT?!?!?! Absolutely not..... Way back when Off Tanks were a thing sure, this was fun because you could cat dps and flip to bear as needed. Now though, you need 2 dedicated tanks and bear tanks would cease to exist if the old system was brought back. NO THANKS! Give me my Guardian spec and give me my Feral spec any day over that outdated nonsense.

How would the talents and abilities even look like?

I already feel some specs feel bloated. Will Resto/Balance have all of the current talents and abilities? so we get double the ammount of points than other classes?