Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its already proven with whats available in the games that use each tool so dont need to prove anything its already there for anyone to see.

- - - Updated - - -

Your own opinion on the matter is not proof of something being better, CiG made their own tool for a reason because there was not a tool that could do the job and that includes the tool you seem to love, there are not many games actually use it so why would a so called superior tool not be used by more companies, the answer is its not superior and you are just talking complete nonsense.
    That's not how proving an argument works. Therefore, you will always be wrong on this subject until you prove otherwise.

Let me guess, I'm thinking you've sunk thousands into this game and it's a sunk cost fallacy for you at this point so you have to shill the fuck out of this game to prove to yourself the cost was worth it. Unfortunately, all you can do is cry and whine about this game whenever your feelings are hurt because this game sucks ass so all you can do is pathetically lash out.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Honestly, I don't think we will see SQ42 until they are 95% sure they know the release date. They can't afford another announcement and then delay. Though if they did give us something, I'd love a demo of that mission they showed years ago. That way we could see everything that's changed side by side.
    It's not missing a release date they are worried about, they are worried that if they release the singleplayer then people will have satisfied their space sim needs and quit spending tens of thousands of dollars on ships they promise they will eventually release.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    It's not missing a release date they are worried about, they are worried that if they release the singleplayer then people will have satisfied their space sim needs and quit spending tens of thousands of dollars on ships they promise they will eventually release.
    If SQ42 is released and is good, they stand to make a lot more money in sales of that game that people buying ships.

If SQ42 is released and is good, they stand to make a lot more money in sales of that game that people buying ships.
    There is much weight on that 'if'.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Are you saying an interface made to make it easier to edit a system means the system is worse?
    Accessibility makes systems worse?

Okay then.

You cant judge a car's performance by its paintjob.
    Its not tho, chrome inspector has literally the same feature except its way more polished, more responsive and has 1000 additional features that you can use but dont have to.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

They would need a fuckton of new people to end up making more money than draining whales of thousands of dollars. There's a reason why a game can fail then go F2P and make bank.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its not tho, chrome inspector has literally the same feature except its way more polished, more responsive and has 1000 additional features that you can use but dont have to.
    How do you know its literally the same feature? have you used both?

Chris Roberts posted a Letter from the Chairman today. Lots of good information about the current state of the game and where it's going in the future.
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...m-The-Chairman

Also this video was on the front page of reddit yesterday. Figured I'd share it to show some cool looking gameplay.
    https://gfycat.com/graciousmintygrasshopper
    Great reading about the progress in Server Meshing along with further plans to improove QoL of the live servers AND the continuous expansion of their studios and workforce.

As for the Gif it looks a lot like the Bengal battle shown in the Kickstarter pitch video but with better graphics.

The player is a French/Swiss streamer called Terada and is considered one of the best Pilots in the game.

George Lucas would be proud.
    Last edited by MrAnderson; 2022-05-19 at 02:35 PM.

Reading that letter from Roberts, if they have 910 employees working for them it is costing ~$105M a year, $26M a quarter, nearly $300,000 a day.

The quarterly patches represent a couple of million dollars work, not the $26M fans are paying to bankroll the company. Games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice only cost $10M to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They would need a fuckton of new people to end up making more money than draining whales of thousands of dollars. There's a reason why a game can fail then go F2P and make bank.
    To be fair, both can happen. IF they release SQ42 and IF it's good, it will drive up confidence in the company and may lead to more whales buying their overpriced ships. But those are two big ifs, and the more risk-free approach may be to keep SQ42 a dream much like they keep most everything else about this thing a dream. Dreams keep the money coming.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Reading that letter from Roberts, if they have 910 employees working for them it is costing ~$105M a year, $26M a quarter, nearly $300,000 a day.

The quarterly patches represent a couple of million dollars work, not the $26M fans are paying to bankroll the company. Games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice only cost $10M to develop.
    Immitates kenn on his Jeckyll personality :

But hey you don't know the financials as you don't work there and you don't know the scope and their decisions or salaries. Only if you work there you can know exactly where the money goes and what is being done as the game has the largest scope of any game out there.You can't prove those figures and you are wrong. Unless you work for the company you have no understanding of their financials and unless I authorize so, you can't have an opinion.

On a more personal note :

Add on the above estimated figures, buildings and their indivisual maintenance,electricity, equipment, security protocols, cloud services, payment gateways, on,website costs, VPN and other services required for WFH/remote capabilities, all 3D programs and licenses etc costs might be very surprising at the end of the day...We have not accounted potential render farms etc etc,Cry Engine support(you must be a complete full and ignorant if you believe these companies don't have an account manager as well and require the added help at times from OG builders of engines etc).As successful as the game crowdfunded can be, operating costs eventually will catch up and the game(any game really) will start having losses until it comes out and recuperates some of the cost with sales. Hence you see most shareholder type gaming companies release broken games to be patched down the road due to budgeting need the breath of air.EA who is a kinda monster in front of Star Citizen is a huge example with battlefield, on a smaller scale CD Projekt Red and the drama with Cyberpunk etc.
    500 million is a lot of money but eventually it runs out and it might not be today or tomorrow but it will catch up down the line unless a real PRODUCT not a broken playmobil that people want to invest in comes out and is playable in a GOOD state outside of those JPG whales waiting for ships to one day arrive.Shareholder company or not unfortunately it is the truth...
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-05-19 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    But hilarious that the kinds of promises made date back to Roberts older projects, and fuckin Derek Smart before that.
    Well yeah!

It makes me wonder if many of the people rabid about defending SC simply weren't old enough to remember the times when Roberts did this exact same thing in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well yeah!

It makes me wonder if many of the people rabid about defending SC simply weren't old enough to remember the times when Roberts did this exact same thing in the past.
    It's not that they are weren't old enough, it's because they are too old now. They've started going senile waiting for the long promised Chris Roberts game.

On another note, one poster here used to say Elite was in development for 17 years because Braben said he wanted to work on Elite IV at some point. What does this mean for SC if CR has been speaking about it for the last 50 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Well yeah!

It's not just Roberts. The entire space sim genre has a history of massive hype and, charitably, underdelivery. The Elite series is perhaps the most consistent but could also be said to be less ambitious than others like Freelancer and it had its duds. No Man's Sky is another prominent example, even if the devs have apparently worked a lot to fix it and it's quite a good game now... years after release still.

There's something about the promise of those games that make people daydream, and/or spend a lot of money to see it realized. MMOs are pretty similar to be honest, and have a broadly similar history of being hyped up the stratosphere every time as the next big thing.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

Releasing S42 would be an awful idea at this point, neither SC or S42 will live up to the hype, and considering all the feature clutter they keep pushing for, it’s mostlikely be a clusterfuck of a release, it’s going to make titles such Fallout 76 and Anthem look like a smooth sail… S42 would open a small window for many of those problems, so might as well just leave it be, keep printing money with the NFTs as it remains as perfect as the imagination of the backers allow it to be.
    Ahahahaha!

releasing SQ42 is not an option, because it doesn't exist.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    Its not opinion, its a fact. You are literally comparing toy to real thing. Anyone with two working eyes can tell that 20cm toy car is not the same as full sized car.

and funny thing is:

It is used by many companies, first of all, every webpage is html&css
    then you have apps like whatsapp, discord, visual studio code all written in html&css
    built in BrowserComponent in unreal
    coherent labs for games
    CEF that is widely used for plenty of project
    ionic and other webview apps for mobile platforms

You have zero idea how popular it is. Zero.
    No all you have is an opinion, what we can already see proves that the coherant labs tools is inferior not superior, the tool star citizen has developed is superior in every way and does more than just UI, that alone makes it superior.

The tool you like is not good enough plain and simple otherwise CiG would of used it.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-19 at 09:14 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

No all you have is an opinion
    what we can already see proves that the coherant labs tools is inferior not superior
    And this is your opinion.

the tool star citizen has develop is superior in every way
    This is also an opinion.

the tool star citizen has develop is superior in every way and does more than just UI, that alone makes it superior.
    Is that like what they told you, man? Cause otherwise I have to wonder where you get this 'knowledge'.

The tool you like is not good enough plain and simple otherwise CiG would of used it.
    Because CiG ALWAYS makes the correct choice in development of this 11 year+ project.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-05-19 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    That's not how proving an argument works. Therefore, you will always be wrong on this subject until you prove otherwise.

Let me guess, I'm thinking you've sunk thousands into this game and it's a sunk cost fallacy for you at this point so you have to shill the fuck out of this game to prove to yourself the cost was worth it. Unfortunately, all you can do is cry and whine about this game whenever your feelings are hurt because this game sucks ass so all you can do is pathetically lash out.
    I have barely put anything in the game, i have plenty of org members who are able to spent however much they want.

My argument stands easily, a tool that is designed for a specific game and can do far more than just UI elements is far superior, we have already seen both tools in action and the star citizen tool has been proven superior.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

I have barely put anything in the game
    Which is how much exactly?

- - - Updated - - -

i have plenty of org members who are able to spent however much they want.
    Which means nothing when Ausr is asking how much YOU spent.

- - - Updated - - -

My argument stands easily
    Like every opinion you present as if it is a fact most of your arguments fail to do this thing.

- - - Updated - - -

a tool that is designed for a specific game and can do far more than just UI elements is far superior
    And you base this on what background and experience in programming that you have? Just because a company designs a tool does NOT mean it is the best possible tool that could be used.

- - - Updated - - -

we have already seen both tools in action and the star citizen tool has been proven superior.
    Have we though? Because I'm still waiting on this 'proof' as are many others.

Unless you work for CiG and use thier building blocks tool you are ignorant to what is better or not.
    Does this mean you work for CiG?

I have seen what the star citizen toolkit can do and i have seen what the coherant labs tool can do, so far the star citizen one has been proven superior. We have the proof from the execution of both toolkits and star citizen isnt even using its toolkit to its potential yet.
    Because which is it? Do you work there to have all this supposed knowledge you claim to have?
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-05-19 at 09:20 PM.