Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Which is how much exactly?
    At least $1,000, as he has access to the concierge forums. Concierge status requires dropping at least $1,000.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Im more of a representative than you as i have access to part of the forums you dont see, but your claim about it being a massive amount of votes is a lie, its barely even the smallest number of the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At least $1,000, as he has access to the concierge forums. Concierge status requires dropping at least $1,000.
    Ah I remember Anderson saying he was at least 1k in, so kenn is as well. Makes a lot of sense then.

Ah I remember Anderson saying he was at least 1k in, so kenn is as well. Makes a lot of sense then.
    Ah I've never said that since I'm no were near that value.

So, or you're mistaking me with someone else or you're delusional.

Probably a bit of both.

For the record, Star Citizen easily tops the best playtime/spent ratio of any 45€ any space/scifi sim fan can get. And since it keeps getting developed and iterated upon only makes it a better deal.

IIRC MrAnderson said he was in the Evocati testing group, which does not require concierge status. Easy to get mixed up when there are so many different categories of SC players.

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Ah I've never said that since I'm no were near that value.

So, or you're mistaking me with someone else or you're delusional.

Probably a bit of both.
    My bad, you're $250 deep on it as of your last claim. That does not make me delusional for getting this incorrect. You are 5-6 times as invested as a person who purchased a starter pack. I remember though, you loved to chirp about your Evocati status as if it made you part of the 'team'.

Am I confusing you with someone else? Likely kenn, you can understand why it would be easy for me to make that mistake I hope.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, Star Citizen easily tops the best playtime/spent ratio of any 45€ any space/scifi sim fan can get. And since it keeps getting developed and iterated upon only makes it a better deal.
    I do love how you made sure to say space/scifi and NOT MMO because you've stepped in that landmine a few too many times now. Also that is like your opinion, man.

- - - Updated - - -

IIRC MrAnderson said he was in the Evocati testing group, which does not require concierge status. Easy to get mixed up when there are so many different categories of SC players.
    Yup, I like how he danced around how monetarily invested he is in the game. Which at last post was
    Im in for 250$
    that I happened across, didn't spend more than a couple mins looking. To be fair that was 2 and a half years ago so it likely has expanded from there.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-05-19 at 11:16 PM.

New pirate ship has been announced that can board other ships: the Anvil Legionnaire. Costs $100. Is a concept ship so it's not ingame yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Right now, you can forcibly board other ships ingame by damaging the doors of a ship, either with weapons or a cutter. You can either do this while the ship is landed and the crew is absent, or if the ship is being piloted then you will need an EMP to shut down the ship and keep it from moving around. The Legionaire differentiates itself by being able to "hack" the enemy ship and use the autodock function (which normally the target ship has to accept).

Costs $100. Is a concept ship so it's not ingame yet.
    I'd say they should stop making new ships and you know complete the other 'concepts' they made and sold but you know how CiG does it. Of course people will toss money at them.

I'd say they should stop making new ships and you know complete the other 'concepts' they made and sold but you know how CiG does it. Of course people will toss money at them.
    I mean...yeah. People believe in the project, and CIG needs an absolutely enormous amount of additional funding to complete the project.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean...yeah. People believe in the project, and CIG needs an absolutely enormous amount of additional funding to complete the project.
    I don't know why that makes it okay to neglect other concept ships that were sold and still not put into the game yet. But hey for a game that went into Pre-Production in 2010 still needing shitloads more money in 2022 is the industry standard I guess. More jpegs for the masses!

I don't know why that makes it okay to neglect other concept ships that were sold and still not put into the game yet. But hey for a game that went into Pre-Production in 2010 still needing shitloads more money in 2022 is the industry standard I guess. More jpegs for the masses!
    You care about this stuff. The folks buying these ships don't care. It's valuable to them. They think this is a good purchase. They are happy spending this money. What they want out of SC and what you or others may be looking for ain't the same.

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    Reading that letter from Roberts, if they have 910 employees working for them it is costing ~$105M a year, $26M a quarter, nearly $300,000 a day.

The quarterly patches represent a couple of million dollars work, not the $26M fans are paying to bankroll the company. Games like Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice only cost $10M to develop.
    Most of those employees are no doubt working on SQ42, which shares features with Star Citizen... it simply requires far more scripting to make it function seamlessly and not as an open world experience, which its not supposed to be... its a storyline, not an mmo. SC is the mmo with dynamic gameplay events and a world to "live" in. (everything from SQ42 will be brought into SC, except the scripting of the cutscenes and specific npc movements during dialogue)

Hellblade game is not even comparable, its not a space sim... its not a sim at all... its a linear story with a couple gameplay features and a few locations, not entire star systems and 100+ highly detailed ships or multiple different styles of gameplay loops that may or may not interact with eachother in an emergent situation.
    Might aswell compare Hades instead... a highly successfull roguelike indiegame with less than a million budget.

Its cringe when people bring in completely different types of games and claim how cheaply it was made in comparison... atleast use comparable examples like Elite Dangerous, No Man's Sky, X4, Eve Online or Everspace.

I'm so happy man
    They fixed the glare off the ships In the docks

Whew I'm so happy they fixed this honestly it's just pointing to the game being I. Good hands and development going great

I don't understand why people don't trust the company because even though they got or 100m for the production they obviously need more because we can't expect them to develop a game without the $300 shirt

what makes you say they neglect them?

Scorpius was a concept ship a few weeks ago... now only an hour or so ago its in the live alpha completely flyable.
    Same with Hull A.
    Aegis Redeemer was a concept ship for years, its been in the game for a few months now.
    Esperia Prowler was a concept ship from 2016 and now its been in the game for 2 years.

Need i keep going? theres alot more, those are just the ones i remember at this moment.
    The bigger ships require alot more work... and despite them not being flyable by players yet, weve seen capital ships like Idris (this one is killable in a mission) and Javelin in the game a year or two now... and this year the Bengal carrier makes its second ever appearance, improvements: the main turrets actually function now.. so dont anger the carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Scorpius was a concept ship a few weeks ago... now only an hour or so ago its in the live alpha completely flyable.
    I mean this is correct...but also misleading - https://twinfinite.net/2021/05/star-...-rsi-scorpius/

Because it was revealed and they begun taking presales last year. Just a factual correction, because honestly a year between announcement/sale and the actual flyable release of a ship like this ain't bad.

what makes you say they neglect them?

Same with Hull A.
    Aegis Redeemer was a concept ship for years, its been in the game for a few months now.
    Esperia Prowler was a concept ship from 2016 and now its been in the game for 2 years.

Need i keep going? theres alot more, those are just the ones i remember at this moment.
    The bigger ships require alot more work... and despite them not being flyable by players yet, weve seen capital ships like Idris (this one is killable in a mission) and Javelin in the game a year or two now... and this year the Bengal carrier makes its second ever appearance, improvements: the main turrets actually function now.. so dont anger the carrier.
    And how many ships that were concepts over a year old are NOT in the game?

- - - Updated - - -

You care about this stuff. The folks buying these ships don't care. It's valuable to them. They think this is a good purchase. They are happy spending this money. What they want out of SC and what you or others may be looking for ain't the same.
    What about folks that bought ships and they are not in the game yet? Is it still such a good purchase? I don't think all the people that bought ships are happy with how things turned out.

- - - Updated - - -

Most of those employees are no doubt working on SQ42, which shares features with Star Citizen... it simply requires far more scripting to make it function seamlessly and not as an open world experience, which its not supposed to be... its a storyline, not an mmo. SC is the mmo with dynamic gameplay events and a world to "live" in. (everything from SQ42 will be brought into SC, except the scripting of the cutscenes and specific npc movements during dialogue)
    You know, SQ42 that thing that was greyboxxed years ago. Oh. I dunno how you can take things they say as if it is really happening based on the track record they have over the years. But hey, you do you.

What about folks that bought ships and they are not in the game yet? Is it still such a good purchase?
    That's up to each person. If they don't think so, they can try to get a refund or simply not buy more. If they do think so, they'll keep buying more.

I don't think all the people that bought ships are happy with how things turned out.
    I mean, they've been pretty up-front that concept ship sales are just that, concept ship sales and not a promise that the ship will be actually flyable any time soon. And a lot of folks are completely, totally fine with this. And that's fine, it's their money and their time.

I mean, they've been pretty up-front that concept ship sales are just that, concept ship sales and not a promise that the ship will be actually flyable any time soon. And a lot of folks are completely, totally fine with this. And that's fine, it's their money and their time.
    That thing they didn't start doing until called on it and that is just a quick google of 'star citizen concept ships not in game'. I'm sure there are other examples of it. But hey they are up-front about it NOW.

That thing they didn't start doing until called on it and that is just a quick google of 'star citizen concept ships not in game'. I'm sure there are other examples of it. But hey they are up-front about it NOW.
    Yes, they got in trouble and fixed that problem.

Attaching a disclaimer now doesn't retroactively makes things better. I'm sure the people who dropped thousands of dollars on their Krakens and their Idris and and their Javelins and their Hull Es and their Endeavors and so on did so on the assumption that almost a decade later, they still wouldn't have a ship to show for it, let alone a functional one. Reclaimer owners have a gas guzzler that can't eat and salvage ships, the one thing it is supposed to do.

Yes, they got in trouble and fixed that problem.
    Oh sure, thank god they did it in 2021. You really siding with a company doing shady shit like that? It is as bad as EA bullshit and lootboxes. Selling shit that does not even exist in game years later. But NOW they have a disclaimer about it, so it isn't as bad, but that does not excuse all the shit before it. Not even close.

- - - Updated - - -

Attaching a disclaimer now doesn't retroactively makes things better. I'm sure the people who dropped thousands of dollars on their Krakens and their Idris and and their Javelins and their Hull Es and their Endeavors and so on did so on the assumption that almost a decade later, they still wouldn't have a ship to show for it, let alone a functional one.
    Pretty damn sad when people defend companies that do shady shit like that and have the gall to keep churning out new 'concepts' to suck more money from people.

- - - Updated - - -

Reclaimer owners have a gas guzzler that can't eat and salvage ships, the one thing it is supposed to do.
    Speaking of salvage, I saw people on the SC refunds reddit mentioning it was pushed back to like Q3 or something. They were also making fun of it being okay now because they 'communicated it properly' this time haha.