Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    There should really be a law where, if all you do is bitch and moan about something, then when a vote comes up for said thing and you vote against it, are immediately relieved of your job/spot/whatever.
    After 9 years of REPEAL AND REPLACE, when the Republicans finally had the chance to roll out their replacement bill for the ACA...they were scrambling to write it.

It's a feature of the Republican party, which is inherently reactionary vs. proactive, and largely doesn't have a firm political ideology outside of "seek power for the sake of power".

There should really be a law where, if all you do is bitch and moan about something, then when a vote comes up for said thing and you vote against it, are immediately relieved of your job/spot/whatever.
    Its certainly right up there with 'if you don't use your indicator (turn signal, whatever) then your car won't turn' as good ideas someone needs to get on

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Its certainly right up there with 'if you don't use your indicator (turn signal, whatever) then your car won't turn' as good ideas someone needs to get on
    I used to think about that too, until I remember all those times in the past where I had a blind curve coming up and if I had to turn on a blinker in time I would have been in a ditch or those times when someone decided to come into my lane while driving or the time I had some guy almost hit me head on coming the wrong way on the free way.

Would like to have red light cameras be setup to scan for that too though and start giving out tickets for it.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Would like to have red light cameras be setup to scan for that too though and start giving out tickets for it.
    https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe.../redlight.html

The data on their effectiveness is pretty mixed, likely to do with a lot of regional/local factors. Generally reduce tickets and collisions, but only generally, as multiple studies of certain cities/locations have found increases in collisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cdc.gov/motorvehiclesafe.../redlight.html

The data on their effectiveness is pretty mixed, likely to do with a lot of regional/local factors. Generally reduce tickets and collisions, but only generally, as multiple studies of certain cities/locations have found increases in collisions.
    Well poop..... Self driving cars need to hurry up, lol.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Soldiers Facing Discrimination from State Laws Could Request Transfers Under Draft Army Policy

Article also talks about Roe v Wade and how it can affect soldiers.
    How can there even be state or local laws that discriminate against anyone based on gender, sex, religion, race or pregnancy? Wouldn't such laws be unconstitutional...

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    How can there even be state or local laws that discriminate against anyone based on gender, sex, religion, race or pregnancy? Wouldn't such laws be unconstitutional...
    Not when the constitution is being interpreted by a panel of theocrats.

I wonder if men have realized that when abortion is outlawed, their chances of raw dogging goes down the drain? Maybe we need someone to start an ad campaign reminding men how they are going to need to get used to using condoms a lot more often now.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    I wonder if men have realized that when abortion is outlawed, their chances of raw dogging goes down the drain? Maybe we need someone to start an ad campaign reminding men how they are going to need to get used to using condoms a lot more often now.
    Also, the chances for being saddled with Child Support for 18 years goes up too.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Also, the chances for being saddled with Child Support for 18 years goes up too.
    Never underestimate the short sighted hypocrisy of others.

The rich will not care and gladly go out of state or even the nation while looking down on others.

The poor will continue to do it while lying about it and condemning anyone else who they find out does it because while they personally needed it and were justified those others are godless heathens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    It's okay, welfare will pay for it. So will a decent minimum wage.

(checks states in question)

Oh, right, red states.

In response to that, I just saw this article.

After Roe, can states stop abortions on Native American lands?l

Republican Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt on Sunday hinted at retribution for Indigenous Oklahomans should doctors readily perform abortions on tribal lands if Roe v. Wade is overturned.

But he was stepping outside the boundaries of state authority, according to Indigenous legal experts.

“The tribes in Oklahoma are super-liberal,” Stitt said on “Fox News Sunday,” as he discussed the implications of the leaked Supreme Court majority draft opinion, which indicated that the court is soon likely to revoke the constitutional right to an abortion. “We think that there’s a possibility that some tribes may try to set up abortion on demand. They think that you can be the 1/1,000th tribal member and not have to follow the state law. And so that’s something that we’re watching.

“Oklahomans will not think very well of that, if tribes try to set up abortion clinics,” he added.

Stitt signed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country this month. Experts in tribal sovereignty law, however, say that the legality of abortion on reservations probably won’t be up to the state government. While Oklahoma would criminalize abortion procedures if Roe v. Wade is overturned, as is widely anticipated, recognized tribes have considerable autonomy under federal law.

“Tribal nations existed before Oklahoma, and have a long history of women making health decisions for themselves,” Angelique EagleWoman, director of the Native American Law and Sovereignty Institute at Mitchell Hamline School of Law, told Yahoo News.

“Tribal nations, including the ones in Oklahoma, often entered in treaties — legal documents — with the United States. And, generally, treaties guarantee health services. Native Americans are the only people in the United States guaranteed public health services, and that’s administered through the federal agency called the Indian Health Service. There’s nowhere along the line of health care where the state attaches, or its laws come into play, for tribal members.”

Many Native American women already lack direct access to abortions. Most pregnant women cannot obtain abortions from the Indian Health Service because of a 1976 law, known as the Hyde Amendment, which bars federal funding for abortions except in cases of rape, incest or threat to the life of the mother. Those exceptions can be hard to prove. As a result, a 2002 study by the Native American Women’s Health Education Resource Center found that only 25 abortions had been performed in the Indian Health Service system since the law was passed.

Rachael Lorenzo, executive director for Indigenous Women Rising, an Indigenous abortion fund, recently told Indian Country Today that local Indian Health Service officials in Oklahoma and New Mexico don’t always offer abortion services even to women who qualify for one of the exceptions.

“Even though they are legally allowed to provide that care, they still don't, and every medical director has a different policy that guides their providers when they have a patient who is expressing they want to terminate their pregnancy,” Lorenzo said. “We have been told by providers ourselves that their medical directors tell them that they're not allowed to even mention abortion.”

Most Native American women who get abortions go to abortion clinics outside tribal land, which has already become increasingly difficult in more conservative states. Stitt recently signed a strict anti-abortion law, vowing that he wants his state to be “the most pro-life state in the country.” The Oklahoma law does not have an exception for victims of rape or incest.

If the Supreme Court strikes down Roe next month, states would have even more leeway to enact strict abortion bans.

But state criminal law does not apply on reservations. “States are ousted from criminal jurisdiction on reservations,” EagleWoman said. “An understanding of tribal sovereignty and tribal jurisdiction would lead to the conclusion that there would be no engagement with state law whatsoever on tribal health care decisions or services.”

Oklahoma has the largest Native American population of any state, at more than 526,000, accounting for 13% of the state’s population. Oklahoma is home to 39 Indigenous nations and 19 million acres of reservation land, accounting for more than 40% of the state’s total.

Under a 1953 federal law, there are six states — Alaska, California, Minnesota, Nebraska, Oregon and Wisconsin — that have jurisdiction over criminal law on reservations. Some other states, including Florida, Idaho, Montana and Washington, later obtained criminal law jurisdiction on reservations, but a 1968 law prevented any more states from doing so without tribal permission.

That is precisely why Stitt is concerned about Indigenous tribes setting up abortion clinics on reservations, once the facilities have been shuttered in the rest of his state. (Stitt’s office did not respond to a request for comment.)

The specific limits of tribal authority on the issue, however, have yet to be adjudicated by the courts. While a Native American provider of abortions on tribal land would be exempt from the Oklahoma law making it a felony, punishable by up to 10 years in prison, to perform the procedure, that exception to state criminal law does not necessarily apply to interactions between non-Indigenous people, even on a reservation. If a non-Native doctor performed an abortion on a non-Native woman, Oklahoma might be able to prosecute a case, even if the clinic was on a reservation.

Under 19th century Supreme Court rulings, “white on white” crime on Native American land is still subject to state law. Oklahoma could argue that a non-Native doctor performing an abortion on a non-Native patient falls into this category, although it’s unclear whether a court would agree. (As a practical matter, experts say, state investigators would lack the legal authority to gather evidence on a reservation, making it difficult to prosecute.)

Then there’s the possibility that federal prosecutors could enforce state laws against abortion under federal laws that allow the federal government to prosecute under state law “major crimes” such as murder on reservations.

“Let’s say you are not an Indian, and you’re on Indian lands, and you engage in some acts related to abortion that is criminalized in the state. Here’s how you are federally prosecuted: The federal government will assert that it has exclusive jurisdiction over that crime,” Matthew Fletcher, director of the Indigenous Law and Policy Center at Michigan State University and chief justice of the Poarch Band of Creek Indians Supreme Court, told Yahoo News. “So, if it is a crime in the state and the federal crime doesn’t prohibit it, what the United States attorney can do is bring a federal prosecution by assimilating state law. They borrow the state criminal law and apply it in federal court.

“That’s a choice that likely will not occur in the event of a Democratic administration,” Fletcher added. “But in a Republican administration, you could totally see it happening.”

Taken as a whole, law professors say, the laws governing state crimes on Indigenous land amount to a “jurisdictional maze.”

“It’s a gray area,” Fletcher said. “It’s messy.”
    So yeah, this could end up being weird situation. Especially since, wasn't like half of Oklahoma City declared on Native Land a couple of years ago? Or it could be nothing but more shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    They are not even trying to be clever anymore.
    They are. This is them trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Soldiers Facing Discrimination from State Laws Could Request Transfers Under Draft Army Policy

Article also talks about Roe v Wade and how it can affect soldiers.
    Oh, my. Imagine neo-confederate states losing the sweet federal $$ that come with mega-bases like Fort Bragg.

What about abstaining from voting for it? Asking for @Fugus.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Flarelaine; 2022-05-21 at 06:33 AM. Reason: This post served no purpose other than bickering and ignited a multi-page derailment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What about abstaining from voting for it? Asking for @Fugus.
    @Rozz

Didn’t already say something about these guys still trying to relitigate Clinton throwing her election attempting to White Knight for her?

@Rozz

Didn’t already say something about these guys still trying to relitigate Clinton throwing her election attempting to White Knight for her?
    Once again, not about clinton.

Once again, not about clinton.
    Actually it is, you are blaming voters for not falling in line.

You mistake that I didn’t vote, I voted down ballot on that ticket just wrote in a name instead of Clinton after what she pulled with DWS.

Guessing you would have rather I stayed home though.

But this is entirely you trying to white knight for Clinton to avoid blaming her and instead are blaming voters for responding to her actions.

Actually it is, you are blaming voters for not falling in line.
    Na, I'm juxtaposing that quote by moose, talking about bitching about a problem and then not using your vote in a way that positively affects that problem, and your propensity for doing exactly that, while quoting them in support.

Edit: You're the one making this about clinton. The candidate didn't matter. How you exercised your vote is what matters in this context.

Na, I'm juxtaposing that quote by moose, talking about bitching about a problem and then not using your vote in a way that positively affects that problem, and your propensity for doing exactly that, while quoting them in support.

Edit: You're the one is making this about clinton. The candidate didn't matter. How you exercised your vote is what matters in this context.
    No, you are the one making it about Clinton using her election and blaming the voters for her actions.

You are actually saying I stayed home when I voted down ballot against the issues, just not in favor of a candidate who acted like they didn’t want or need my vote.

All on you there.

Question becomes how many threads are you going to derail with your ego and refusal to actually admit Clinton lost that election due to her actions.

Edit: would have fun watching you thirst for your woman trying to protect her from reality and protect her honor, but too busy today and not going to be on the phone/pc for a while, enjoy.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-20 at 12:25 PM.

No, you are the one making it about Clinton using her election and blaming the voters for her actions.

You are actually saying I stayed home when I voted down ballot against the issues, just not in favor of a candidate who acted like they didn’t want or need my vote.

All on you there.

Question becomes how many threads are you going to derail with your ego and refusal to actually admit Clinton lost that election due to her actions.
    If I'm derailing the thread, the moose quote is also derailing the thread. All I'm doing is pointing out that you voted in a way that he was criticizing. You know, pointing out your hypocrisy in this thread, when you quoted him in support, in this thread.

Edit: would have fun watching you thirst for your woman trying to protect her from reality and protect her honor, but too busy today and not going to be on the phone/pc for a while, enjoy.
    I stood for bernie in the 2016 caucus and reluctantly voted for clinton in the 2016 general. This comment is you inventing your own reality.

Double edit:

To make this clear: you can't go back and vote for clinton. This is literally about how you vote in the future, and trying to get you to understand how dumb protest votes and abstentions are in our voting system. If someone in the future supports all your policies, but picks their nose and flicks it, and the candidate they're running against is a trump analog, I don't want you abstaining because you don't like the better candidate's hygiene or whatever.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2022-05-20 at 12:37 PM.