Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i am a completionist, but there is a point you reach it goes too far, especially once you start blaming other people for your faults.
    If you think I blame others fine, but you can never, if you are a true gamer, say people take things too far. It's in gamers nature to push the absolute limits.

Check out speedrunning man, there are people who spend 10 000 hours repeating the same 30 second level over and over and over, just to push records. Gamers are extreme, you should know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I don't trust such addons, how can it guarantee to not autosell items I don't want sold, like "junk" in my inventory?
    clearly you haven't even looked into this, so I guess you are just here for the sake or arguing over nothing, instead of looking for a solution for your "problem".
    Aaaaaand I am out, some people just can't be helped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You should consider watching some of the episodes of the show about Hoarders then to see. Manages to hit disgusting and disturbing. It's not about protection, it's about not enabling.
    The difference between those hoarders and me is that they save litterally garbage, like old milk cartons or rotten fruit. I only save whole, working, fresh non-garbage items irl. Yes, I still have ALL my childhood toys in the attic, as well as old clothes etc, but nothing is broken or dirty, it's not garbage.

if you are a true gamer.
    holy fuck I just can't anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

The difference between those hoarders and me is that they save litterally garbage, like old milk cartons or rotten fruit. I only save whole, working, fresh non-garbage items irl. Yes, I still have ALL my childhood toys in the attic, as well as old clothes etc, but nothing is broken or dirty, it's not garbage.
    except you arnt saving them in the attic, you are saving them in your room and hallways and kitchen to the point its effecting your life and causing you issues. its not a couple things in the attic, its a house packed fucking full of useless shit.

- - - Updated - - -

You should see my attict, and my parents attics, dead full with stuff I collect that will never be used. Some people are just like us, we give things sentimental value and cannot sell them or throw them away. I'm just the same IRL, but I am not alone, and there is nothing wrong with it either.
    yeah so you literally are an actual hoarder, there is always benefits to holding onto things, but not to the extent they effect the quality of your day to day life. the fact you arnt filling your own attict but also your parents? come on now you have to realize that is not normal.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-19 at 07:40 PM.

I don't know where you get the idea that it's literal garbage, but that's plain faulty. It's stuff with sentimental value, like old items they can't part with.

Overflowing with trash is just laziness. But I'm just gonna drop this on that note, WoW isn't a game that's meant to be 100% completed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't know where you get the idea that it's literal garbage, but that's plain faulty. It's stuff with sentimental value, like old items they can't part with.

Overflowing with trash is just laziness. But I'm just gonna drop this on that note, WoW isn't a game that's meant to be 100% completed.
    i mean thing is it can be perfectly normally, but then completing it 100% and HOLDING that 100%
    you can get 100% of tmog perfectly fine, that is normal, but then wanting to hold all those items in your bank, that is not quite as normal, then pair that with wanting every single legendary in your bank, even those that are consumeables, uesless, worthless, and unequipable...
    then more and more and more and more and more and more, then to complain when the company does not design the world around you
    that is too far.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean thing is it can be perfectly normally, but then completing it 100% and HOLDING that 100%
    you can get 100% of tmog perfectly fine, that is normal, but then wanting to hold all those items in your bank, that is not quite as normal, then pair that with wanting every single legendary in your bank, even those that are consumeables, uesless, worthless, and unequipable...
    then more and more and more and more and more and more, then to complain when the company does not design the world around you
    that is too far.
    I mean, a specific thing 100% sure. But if you start to go like, "I want every transmog in the game for every spec and class", you're going to probably go insane somewhere along the lines if you start throwing in more like "Also pets, also toys, also achievements, also...", ya know?

Like I could probably wrap up 100% paladin xmog myself if I really wanted to, since I've played once since Cata. But even then that's still gonna be an effort for the rare drops.

I would use my guild or alts, but 99,99% of all items I have are soulbound, cannot send them to alts or guild bank. If they just made most items bind-to-account, problem would be fixed
    What I meant to imply with my previous comment:

Inventory will always be an obstacle if your goal is to collect all the cool stuff. There's probably an addon to immediately destroy all the items you dont want to loot, but even a full on feature like that wont solve the problem. The problem that youre trying to collect more items than one character can hold, and are thus forced to delete some, I mean.

Your character *can not* hold all of the items youre trying to collect. You'll always be at the end of your inventory juggling and deleting 10 or so items at a time, unless you start collecting on multiple characters. Maybe one character for farming each expansion? Maybe one character collects tier sets and another one collects holiday / vanity items?

Making all items bind-to-account would make them less special in my opinion. Imagine being able to gear up all of your alts simply by playing one character. Bad enough that tabards, toys, and mounts are account-wide imo.

- - - Updated - - -

if you are a true gamer, say people take things too far. It's in gamers nature to push the absolute limits.
    Cringing hard at the "true gamer" phrase, but anyway:

You've found the absolute limit. You can go beyond it by creating new characters, so go do that now?

There is no way to do what you want done. You are a very rare and unique player so you can’t be to surprised that this issue isn’t being actively addressed when they are trying to fix issues that affect many more players.

You should see my attict, and my parents attics, dead full with stuff I collect that will never be used. Some people are just like us, we give things sentimental value and cannot sell them or throw them away. I'm just the same IRL, but I am not alone, and there is nothing wrong with it either.
    Hoarding, in and of itself, is not a problem. But, as it is with everything in life, excess can be dangerous.

That aside, it's beyond proven that this is strictly a you problem. You keep your bags, bank and void storage completely clogged up with useless and meaningless items. You are the one willingly hoarding everything you collect. You are the one giving sentimental value to otherwise valueless items. You are the one refusing to clean up your storage.

This is not the game's fault, and it's not the developers' duty to compensate for your shortcomings. You don't want to clog up your mail box with discarded loot from mobs you kill? Sell the stuff you loot. Don't have room in your bags? Well, make room. You don't want to make room? Then it's your problem.

Do what ever your heart wants, but just some hints:
    - with the next Addon, you will have to get many many more items for your collection. Multiple dozen items will wait for you
    - save yourself MUCH time deleting items you can get from vendors/AH in <5 minutes. Yes, it is hard, but you will have much more space
    - save some space in your (void) storage via selling/deleting setpieces you can get again; setpieces are visually stored in your transmogtab. Yes, it can be anoying to get specific items again, but if you do not do this, you'll not be able to store future stuff that is potentially not available again
    - get a "delete" mouseover macro (should be available, since there is something like this for enchanting)

The difference between those hoarders and me is that they save litterally garbage,
    ... Your screenshot of your bank, bags and void storage really say otherwise, at least game-wise. You're saving "literal garbage" in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show us pictures of your house and attic, I'm so curious now.

Also, I would just point out that 100% completion when it comes to WoW really just refers to Achievements as that's the only way the game tracks your achievements. Anything apart from that is a meaningless and tertiary system.
    Last edited by jackofwind; 2022-05-19 at 08:24 PM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    thing is it isnt even his attic, its his, and his parents, both attics FULL of his stuff.

It wouldn't be such a bad thing. As much as I would love to sit there and loot every 1-9 gold piece of loot when I farm the whatever, I would waste more gold trying to vender all that crap then I would just ignoring it all in my mailbox.

But no...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post

Also, I would just point out that 100% completion when it comes to WoW really just refers to Achievements as that's the only way the game tracks your achievements. Anything apart from that is a meaningless and tertiary system.

Completing things is doing everything you can do, not just achievements. There is no achievement to get all pets in the game, but we both know that getting all pets is something you can do and complete outside of achievements. So is doing every quest, getting every transmog etc. It's not part of achievements, but completing a game goes far beyonda achivs.

[Not medical advice]

Definitionally, a habit or learned behavior goes from an idiosyncracy to an addiction or neurosis or personality disorder when it starts to negatively affect your life.

Anyway, just click on the stuff in the mailbox, then ignore it and let it be deleted in 30 days. That'll take you 30 seconds of game time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you don't hoard literal trash does not mean you aren't a hoarder. It's a serious mental disorder which manifests in different ways for people. Some people hoard cardboard boxes, some people hoard newspapers, some people hoard furniture, and some people hoard lots of seemingly unrelated items. Just because you aren't keeping mouldy food doesn't mean you shouldn't seek help.

And yes, I'm deadly serious about seeking help. Hoarding disorders can—and often do—lead to major issues later in life if left unchecked as sufferers frequently turn to a loner lifestyle where ALL they do is hoard and in turn end up neglecting their physical and social heath.

It's not just 'collecting stuff' it's not just 'completing the game' to hold on to useless stuff.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Hey, I've googled and searched, but cannot find an answer, so I figure I ask here.

I am going nearly mad, and I spend too much time opening mails ingame. I talk about the system that send any unlooted items to your mailbox. I farm TONS of transmog weekly, but I don't need 99% of all the items, yet they end up in my mailbox. I HATE to have unopened mail, I get bothered by that icon. As I pretty much farm every raid on every difficulty weekly, it's hundreds and hundreds of items I have to loot and sell/delete, and with only like 8 free bag spaces (I collect a lot of stuff, bank+voidstorage+most bags full), this is a nightmare.

Is there some way to disable getting the loot I don't need to my mailbox?
    Modify a current addon or get an addon thats able to remove the mailbox icon then you can ignore it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Modify a current addon or get an addon thats able to remove the mailbox icon then you can ignore it.

Or you know, they could put more focus on customizing and giving us options and just let us disable this