Poll: Do you want Dark Rangers?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 45 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    I’ve been perfectly honest I showed you were blizzard said it was natural
    No, you have not.

All you've done is show something that you personally interpreted as meaning "natural". You never once addressed the arguments I've put forth. And the argument was how the effects of magic are not natural and then I proceeded to show examples of how 'natural' works, how magic, by definition, alters the natural state of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Man, if only the person I was responding at least tried to argue honestly and would not misrepresent the other person's argument... this would be wonderful.
    How much of this thread is just the two of you reiterating two perspectives on a subjective observation?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    No, you have not.

All you've done is show something that you personally interpreted as meaning "natural". You never once addressed the arguments I've put forth. And the argument was how the effects of magic are not natural and then I proceeded to show examples of how 'natural' works, how magic, by definition, alters the natural state of things.
    *shrug* I can’t do better then blizzard them selfs saying the elementals and there power is natural or them explaining how the balance of the elements and the spirits effects planets and the laws of nature upon them.

If you are adamant in saying blizzard them selfs are wrong there’s nothing I can say that will change your mind.

you can lead a horse to water and all that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    How much of this thread is just the two of you reiterating two perspectives on a subjective observation?
    No no, but you don't get it. Lorgar's explanations are interpretations. Ielenia's are facts, because only his opinions can be factual.

His arguments don't work at all if they were just his interpretations. It's obvious everyone else is wrong, because he's said so.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-19 at 05:39 PM.

*shrug* I can’t do better then blizzard them selfs saying the elementals and there power is natural or them explaining how the balance of the elements and the spirits effects planets and the laws of nature upon them.
    And I can't do better than explain to you what the word 'natural' literally means and how the effects of magic are anything but natural.

If you are adamant in saying blizzard them selfs are wrong
    Except I never said it. I just pointed out Blizzard never outright said what you claim they outright said.

you can lead a horse to water and all that.
    I know, right? I mean, I've been holding the water bottle in front of you all this time but you haven't drank anything yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No no, but you don't get it. Lorgar's explanations are interpretations. Ielenia's are facts,
    Wise words from the guy who believes stating opinions as fact are okay, but it's wrong to express your opinions as opinions.

7+ Year Old Account
    And I can't do better than explain to you what the word 'natural' literally means and how the effects of magic are anything but natural.
    all I can do is suggest you go read the first 10 or so pages of chronicles about the forming of the universe to see magic's roll in it if you truly hold this stance.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

all I can do is suggest you go read the first 10 or so pages of chronicles about the forming of the universe to see magic's roll in it if you truly hold this stance.
    I'm sorry, but you can't honestly deny that the effects of magic are not natural. I literally explained and gave examples of how its effects are not natural.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but you can't honestly deny that the effects of magic are not natural. I literally explained and gave examples of how its effects are not natural.
    Again you should go read chronicles, The Universe, life both organic and not, literarily everything, is from from the effects of magic. To say it's not natural is to say nothing in all of warcraft is natural.

I know, right? I mean, I've been holding the water bottle in front of you all this time but you haven't drank anything yet.
    WHOOSH

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it'. Here you are literally expecting people to accept your opinion.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-19 at 08:53 PM.

Man, if only the person I was responding at least tried to argue honestly and would not misrepresent the other person's argument... this would be wonderful.

- - - Updated - - -

Magic itself might be natural, but the effects of magic are not natural. Magic doesn't naturally affect the world. Like I said before:
    • Trees don't naturally grow in seconds in the middle of a desert.
    • Ice doesn't naturally form under the sun in a hot summer day.
    • Fire doesn't naturally occur without something to burn.
    • Water doesn't naturally flow up a hill.
    • Rain doesn't naturally happen indoors.
    And so many more "impossible" things magic does, like making a sunken ship float in mid-air, and teleport an entire tower.
    You're just trying to move goalposts now. Everything magic is capable of is considered natural because magic itself is natural. Stop trying to apply real world mentalities to a fantasy world. You'd be correct if we were talking about the real world but we're talking about a world where magic is incredibly commonplace.
    Last edited by TheRevenantHero; 2022-05-19 at 11:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Looks like that intro song might not have been for a dark ranger allied race.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/windrun...h-9-2-5-327115
    It's not all that unusual for the devs to include alternate ways to experience certain music assets. So don't rule anything out yet.

Again you should go read chronicles, The Universe, life both organic and not, literarily everything, is from from the effects of magic. To say it's not natural is to say nothing in all of warcraft is natural.
    I literally not only explained but demonstrated how the effects of magic are not natural. If you look at, for example, the books about magic in Dalaran, you can see they describe how the effects of magic are not natural.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    WHOOSH

'You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink' is a proverb which means that you can give someone an opportunity but not force them to take it'. Here you are literally expecting people to accept your opinion.
    Like you aren't expecting me to accept your opinion, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    You're just trying to move goalposts now. Everything magic is capable of is considered natural because magic itself is natural. Stop trying to apply real world mentalities to a fantasy world. You'd be correct if we were talking about the real world but we're talking about a world where magic is incredibly commonplace.
    The effects magic have in the world are not considered natural. Magic, by definition, defies and alters what is natural.

I literally not only explained but demonstrated how the effects of magic are not natural. If you look at, for example, the books about magic in Dalaran, you can see they describe how the effects of magic are not natural.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

The effects magic have in the world are not considered natural. Magic, by definition, defies and alters what is natural.
    Are you just refusing to read everything I'm saying. IN THE WARCRAFT WORLD IT IS NOT CONSIDERED SUPERNATURAL. Stop fucking using real world mentalities when talking about a fantasy world.

I can't even get you to accept that we're all merely discussing opinions.

You operate on your own opinion being fact and trying to prove everyone else to be factually wrong.

So no, I don't expect you to accept anyone's opinion.

All I have to do is point out how delusional your arguments are, and that speaks for itself. Cuz what you're trying to present isn't opinion, what you've been doing is arguing other people are wrong for not accepting your opinion as fact.

Like I literally pointed out twice that your argument implies nothing in Azeroth is Natural. And your argument against Lorgar is literaly all technicalities that try and out him as being wrong for ever considering anything remotely connected to magic as natural. Yet your argument implies Blizzard is wrong for ever using the term 'Natural' as well, because the entire world of Azeroth is connected to Arcane magic. Your own argument is self defeating, and the entire purpose of your back and forth with him is only your intention to call him out for being wrong about something you interpret as being factually true.

I mean, I'd literally consider that trolling.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-05-20 at 12:07 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Again all I can do is point you towards chronicles and the creation of The universe and all life within it. Because if you want to say the effects of Magic aren't Natural then nothing in all of warcraft is Natural as literally every thing exist from the effects of magic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Just google "Magic"

magic
    /ˈmadʒɪk/
    noun
    the power of apparently influencing events by using mysterious or supernatural forces.
    "suddenly, as if by magic, the doors start to open"
    adjective
    having or apparently having supernatural powers.
    "a magic wand"
    whole point of this word is to make things that naturally impossible to make
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-05-20 at 02:16 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just google "Magic"

Ya just like it’s impossible for light and void to clash and create a universe and then seed life in that universe, it’s almost like all of Warcraft is impossible or something.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just google "Magic"

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/supernatural

"of, relating to, or being above or beyond what is natural; unexplainable by natural law or phenomena; abnormal."

Magic in the Warcraft universe is NOT considered beyond what is natural.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://mobile.twitter.com/TheLostCo...85885309685762

Well here is the music for.. so no intro music as many though.

i voted no, why? because i can.

Tired of seeing mostly elves reskins on both sides on my server.