Xy'mox "apologies cherished one"

when pulled Xy'mox will sometimes say "Apologies cherished one. It will only take a moment to deal with these intruders."
    but who IS his 'cherished one'? presumably it's not his pet name for The Jailer since he seems more opportunist than Mawsworn
    maybe it's Jaina since almost every male character seems to fall for her at some point or another?
    a secret love affair with Ve'nari?
    or maybe just his pet rock?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leader of Cartel Xy probably.

I can't find his quotes from Castle Nathria to try to find out if he talked to the relics themselves back then, but isn't it possible it's just the relic he's trying to obtain at the time?

I mean, that's the only thing around on pull.

5+ Year Old Account
    Cherished one is the damn Jailer. Or the cypher relic he was trying to steal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Cherished one is the damn Jailer.
    Are you implying that Xy'mox and Zovaal were in an inter-species homosexual relationship with each other, adding a whole new dimension to the concept of Dominating creation? I can't say I agree with the lore foundations, but I accept this headcanon as it gives the Jailer some needed texture.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I can't find his quotes from Castle Nathria to try to find out if he talked to the relics themselves back then, but isn't it possible it's just the relic he's trying to obtain at the time?

I mean, that's the only thing around on pull.
    That was 100% my understanding. Plus, Gollum reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Are you implying that Xy'mox and Zovaal were in an inter-species homosexual relationship with each other, adding a whole new dimension to the concept of Dominating creation? I can't say I agree with the lore foundations, but I accept this headcanon as it gives the Jailer some needed texture.
    Ah yes the most fleshed out story of everyone we encountered in Shadowlands and ranking higher than some existing lore characters totally needs more texture....

Pretty sure it's the relic. It's the focus of his attention at the time we pull him. It's possible he's talking to someone on the ship, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    That was 100% my understanding. Plus, Gollum reference.
    Yeah, I figured it was him talking to the relic that he's obsessed with in a Gollum-esque way, or perhaps believing that he's talking to one of the First Ones while he's deciphering it.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

Why does "cherished one" have to be a romantic term of endearment?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Why does "cherished one" have to be a romantic term of endearment?
    Not necessarily romantic, but definitely not something one would generally call their leader. Considering Xymox, it was almost 100% towards the relic.

He talks to the relic during the fight. His lines, "Reveal your secrets to me!", and "Now I have time to unlock your secrets." (upon wiping the raid) strongly suggest that the opening line also refers to the relic.

5+ Year Old Account
    Never thought of it that way. Cherished one doesn’t necessarily appeal to romantic context. It can also indicate something valuable. Still, I think Jailer was capable of everything so I wouldn’t be amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by rayvio View Post
    when pulled Xy'mox will sometimes say "Apologies cherished one. It will only take a moment to deal with these intruders."
    but who IS his 'cherished one'? presumably it's not his pet name for The Jailer since he seems more opportunist than Mawsworn
    maybe it's Jaina since almost every male character seems to fall for her at some point or another?
    a secret love affair with Ve'nari?
    or maybe just his pet rock?
    My guess was the artifact has really messed with his head. Kinda like how Gollum always called the Ring "my precious." Or could be he was speaking to someone else on a communicator while fiddling with the artifact and was all like "I'll kill these guys and get right back to you." But I like the first one better.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

It's the relic he's touching for sure. It becomes evident if you find out his quote from other languages. In Korean he says like "cute thing."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Never thought of it that way. Cherished one doesn’t necessarily appeal to romantic context. It can also indicate something valuable. Still, I think Jailer was capable of everything so I wouldn’t be amazed.
    Look, Zovaal was imprisoned for an eternity, but he was still able to look out and see the vastness of creation. He was going to discover yaoi eventually.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

This is extremely powerful reasoning. I salute you.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.