Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    Speaking of salvage, I saw people on the SC refunds reddit mentioning it was pushed back to like Q3 or something. They were also making fun of it being okay now because they 'communicated it properly' this time haha.
    The upcoming salvage isn't even the whole thing; it's just a fraction of the whole feature. No siphoning resources like fuel, water, quantum, oxygen, etc. No retrieving information from the computers. No component retrieval, no crunching up ships in the reclaimer. It's just scraping paint off of ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    what makes you say they neglect them?

Scorpius was a concept ship a few weeks ago... now only an hour or so ago its in the live alpha completely flyable.
    Same with Hull A.
    Aegis Redeemer was a concept ship for years, its been in the game for a few months now.
    Esperia Prowler was a concept ship from 2016 and now its been in the game for 2 years.

Need i keep going? theres alot more, those are just the ones i remember at this moment.
    The bigger ships require alot more work... and despite them not being flyable by players yet, weve seen capital ships like Idris (this one is killable in a mission) and Javelin in the game a year or two now... and this year the Bengal carrier makes its second ever appearance, improvements: the main turrets actually function now.. so dont anger the carrier.
    Don't forget that Banu Merchantman is currently being worked on. It will be a huge ship once released.

And how many ships that were concepts over a year old are NOT in the game?

Mainly the ones that are massive or dont have any gameplay mechanics ingame... why finish ships that are useless?
    They already did that with the Starfarer and Reclaimer years ago, so its only a good change that they dont finish concept ships that have absolutely no use ingame.

Nowadays refueling is ingame and Starfarer is useful.

What about folks that bought ships and they are not in the game yet? Is it still such a good purchase? I don't think all the people that bought ships are happy with how things turned out.
    You get loaner ships, so regardless if your concept ship is ingame you still get something to fly with... in some cases the loaner ship(s) is actually better or more expensive than the one you bought. Or the sum of the loaners is more than what you paid. So its actually worth it to buy concept ships depending on the loaners.

Such as the Vulture is an upcoming light salvager that costs 140 dollars, loaners for that ship are the prospector and buccaneer (prospector alone is 150 dollars)
    https://support.robertsspaceindustri...er-Ship-Matrix

You know, SQ42 that thing that was greyboxxed years ago. Oh. I dunno how you can take things they say as if it is really happening based on the track record they have over the years. But hey, you do you.
    Which track record? the one where they provide constant updates to the PU or the one thats written by kotaku?

Recent PU update examples:
    3.17 patch brought in ship to ship refueling and loot selling to shops for profit, among other things.
    3.16 patch brought a complete rework to hover-vehicles and a new dynamic event into the game, among other things.
    3.15 patch brought completely new missions and new systems that further enhance gameplay, among other things.
    3.14 patch brought a new location into the game and more gameplay improvements/reworks.

It just keeps going... every patch also brought a new ship or two.

So the track record is pretty steady, and not at all terrible if majority of their workforce is working on SQ42, for that we can easily expect more updates than this... considering these updates need to be somewhat optimized to even function... but the SQ42 dont need to be since noone is supposed to play the game yet.
    And everyone knows optimization is done at the end of development.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Don't forget that Banu Merchantman is currently being worked on. It will be a huge ship once released.
    Yeppers, im not into alien ships much myself but i cant wait to see what the BMM looks like ingame.

Also the increased stability, 30k recovery, the
    performance gains and the multiple Quality if Life updates have made the gameplay experience more accessible and enjoyable.

So with constant increase in players and funding these years it's no surprise they've been expanding their studios to acomodate their increasing worforce.

snip
    If you want to waste time then kyanion is the best one to reply to, but its probably best to just ignore his existance because he has nothing useful to say at all, he has yet to once say anything good about the game or the company to my knowledge, he is just here because he wants his hate for the company/CEO to be justified, he has stated he wont ever play the game or has not spent any time actually in the game itself.

Its fine being critical about things but when you wont even acknowledge all the great things its clear what certain posters in this thread intentions are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, they got in trouble and fixed that problem.
    Even in the concept post whatever company was complaining about it had the disclaimer in it, so its always been obvious all concept ships were not going to be available for a while, selling something as a concept speaks for itself that its not going to be available for some time at least. So they really didnt get in trouble at all for it since they already had things inplace.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Mainly the ones that are massive or dont have any gameplay mechanics ingame... why finish ships that are useless?
    Why sell them?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    If you want to waste time then kyanion is the best one to reply to, but its probably best to just ignore his existance because he has nothing useful to say at all
    The link in my signature, click it and go over it again, then repeat that out loud for yourself. Absolutely disgusting level of hypocrisy, what a fucking joke.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-05-20 at 12:48 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Also the increased stability, 30k recovery, the
    performance gains and the multiple Quality if Life updates have made the gameplay experience more accessible and enjoyable.

So with constant increase in players and funding these years it's no surprise they've been expanding their studios to acomodate their increasing worforce.
    4th highest post on the subreddit in the last week disagrees

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen...nce_summed_up/

Its fine being critical about things but when you wont even acknowledge all the great things its clear what certain posters in this thread intentions are.
    I would like you to say one single negative thing about SC or its development. Just one. Be the bigger man.

Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    I would like you to say one single negative thing about SC or its development. Just one. Be the bigger man.
    He can't. He is enjoying Scotland, am I right Mr President?.

That's as well the last time I will interact as well with him as I reckon kenn will receive the message.

Being passionate is one thing over a game but everything being superior regardless if you are the "President" and claiming nothing is wrong on any game is kinda wrong.

They already did that with the Starfarer and Reclaimer years ago, so its only a good change that they dont finish concept ships that have absolutely no use ingame.
    Why sell ships that are useless? Are you saying every concept ship they sold years ago that is not in the game is useless? Just how many ships are not in the game that have been sold? Ignoring at least ones from this year.

You get loaner ships, so regardless if your concept ship is ingame you still get something to fly with... in some cases the loaner ship(s) is actually better or more expensive than the one you bought. Or the sum of the loaners is more than what you paid. So its actually worth it to buy concept ships depending on the loaners.
    loaners is at least something but it still isn't the concept ship people paid for years ago. It is why I'd be pretty annoyed at new concept ships cropping up or other ships being finished if I had purchased something years ago that still was not in. But that is the tip of the iceberg with other problems.

- - - Updated - - -

Which track record? the one where they provide constant updates to the PU or the one thats written by kotaku?

Recent PU update examples:
    3.17 patch brought in ship to ship refueling and loot selling to shops for profit, among other things.
    3.16 patch brought a complete rework to hover-vehicles and a new dynamic event into the game, among other things.
    3.15 patch brought completely new missions and new systems that further enhance gameplay, among other things.
    3.14 patch brought a new location into the game and more gameplay improvements/reworks.

It just keeps going... every patch also brought a new ship or two.

So the track record is pretty steady, and not at all terrible if majority of their workforce is working on SQ42, for that we can easily expect more updates than this... considering these updates need to be somewhat optimized to even function... but the SQ42 dont need to be since noone is supposed to play the game yet.
    And everyone knows optimization is done at the end of development.
    You realize the greyboxed is an actual quote from CiG themselves and not just some made up thing right? And are you REALLY going to claim they have a good track record and are transparent like they said they were going to be? You do remember all of the roadmaps right?

Edit: Did the work for you and went and found the quotes. https://imgur.com/gallery/MV2PM "All chapters and gameplay features are at grey-box or better." This was in 2016 btw. 5 and a half years ago if not more. Sounds pretty steady to me, amirite?

NOTHING in their track record has been 'pretty steady' unless you're talking about the money they manage to siphon every month.

If you want to waste time then kyanion is the best one to reply to, but its probably best to just ignore his existance because he has nothing useful to say at all, he has yet to once say anything good about the game or the company to my knowledge, he is just here because he wants his hate for the company/CEO to be justified, he has stated he wont ever play the game or has not spent any time actually in the game itself.

More personal attacks, it's cool. Whatever works for you.

On topic: I've acknowledged that SC has managed to do some good things, you are never critical about SC. At least Anderson has been honest in a few aspects of the game that might even be labeled as 'critical'.
    Last edited by Kyanion; 2022-05-20 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You care about this stuff. The folks buying these ships don't care. It's valuable to them. They think this is a good purchase. They are happy spending this money. What they want out of SC and what you or others may be looking for ain't the same.
    Sure, but just because someone is happy at the time they hand cash over doesn't mean they're not getting scammed or otherwise cheated.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Why sell them?
    I wonder that myself...$$$$$$$$ from suckers. Now that they added their little disclaimer they can sell even more jpegs and never have to deliver on them! $Woot$

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    The link in my signature, click it and go over it again, then repeat that out loud for yourself. Absolutely disgusting level of hypocrisy, what a fucking joke.
    It is pretty damn funny, this is like the 2nd post from him in a couple weeks directly naming me and tossing out insults and attacks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Sure, but just because someone is happy at the time they hand cash over doesn't mean they're not getting scammed or otherwise cheated.
    Edge defending a company for shitty practices really is bizarre. Like it is close to the same thing as defending EA and lootboxes and other scummy shit companies do to siphon money out of a 'happy player'.

Then again the SC refunds reddit sounds like a lot of 'happy players'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The upcoming salvage isn't even the whole thing; it's just a fraction of the whole feature.
    Yeah I was mostly referring to this, https://i.imgur.com/H1MrXe3.png

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok had to dig up my RSI account but I "bought in" back in 2012 (from the original KS days), and IMO I have not gotten ANYTHING close to an actual finished good yet.

And as for refunds, CIG changed their ToS back in 2016 so that you can't really get refunds... only in the case of "if the project was abandoned by developers" which as long as CIG claims there's some "work" being done, it's not "abandoned".

Honestly, I doubt that SC will ever get finished. There will be additional delays or "technologies" to incorporate so that will keep pushing the development further back.
    ---
    Don't be a victim of IFOWISNAWL!
    Call 800-Calm-The-F-Down, Operators are standing by. Now taking calls on all your Legion worries.

Invictus Free-Fly Event has just started. Star Citizen goes Free-to-Play until the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Alroxas View Post
    And as for refunds, CIG changed their ToS back in 2016 so that you can't really get refunds...
    Most people are going to Star Citizen Refunds reddit for help, there is a guy helping people out with refunds and sales on the grey market.

However due a very high demand, I believe he now has a minimum of a thousand dollar worth for the accouts =/

It is pretty damn funny, this is like the 2nd post from him in a couple weeks directly naming me and tossing out insults and attacks.
    It’s fucking pathetic if you ask me. Nothing but lies, contradictions and personal insults, yet still tries to stand on a high horse, how fucking disconnected from reality, zero self-awareness, prideless and addicted to self-humiliation, it’s embarrassing to read.
    Ahahahaha!

The problem with only asking for 1 is that he can give you any old crap as an answer that ends up being nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    The problem with only asking for 1 is that he can give you any old crap as an answer that ends up being nothing.
    I'm ready for it, but he never will.

Some here seem very obsessed with seeing others joining them in their negativity stance. Misery needs company indeed.

Thankfully there's plenty of gamers still able to enjoy Star Citizen and it's development:

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Some here seem very obsessed with seeing others joining them in their negativity stance. Misery needs company indeed.
    This is such a terrible take on what I'm asking for. This holier-than-thou, all-enlightened character must be exhausting to keep up.

I've never seen Kenn say a single negative thing about SC, CiG, or anything related to the development of this game. I'm asking him for a single thing he doesn't like. Just one. Any human being should be able to admit something they don't like about a product, no matter how much they love it.

This is such a terrible take on what I'm asking for. This holier-than-thou, all-enlightened character must be exhausting to keep up.

I've never seen Kenn say a single negative thing about SC, CiG, or anything related to the development of this game. I'm asking him for a single thing he doesn't like. Just one. Any human being should be able to admit something they don't like about a product, no matter how much they love it.
    Why would you need anyone to be negative for the sake of being negative though?

If he enjoys what he enjoys more power to him.

Imo there's already too much negativity and cynicism in a medium that should be about having fun.

No need to get caught up in toxic circle-jerks or trying to drag others into it.