Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW's Darkest Secret.

The most amazing video anyone has ever made about wow. The lesson is at the end.

Last edited by Fantazma; 2022-05-20 at 03:59 AM.

There is a sticky at the top of the board to post videos and screenshots.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Videos/page150

7+ Year Old Account
    The video was good until the end were he said it was all fake. He should have put that at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    The video was good until the end were he said it was all fake. He should have put that at the start.
    If he said it was fake off the bat, what would have been the point of the video LMAO?

Why even watch it? The point was to get hooked, and stay invested.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    If he said it was fake off the bat, what would have been the point of the video LMAO?
    To tell a cool story and not some clickbait lie?

Yea, and they should have made the last Harry Potter movie first so nobody felt deceived or for that matter a million other books and movies should have done the same... The building of suspense lends to the point made and it is a good point. Blizzard is filled with amateurs and hacks now and the products are showing that.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Yea, and they should have made the last Harry Potter movie first so nobody felt deceived or for that matter a million other books and movies should have done the same... The building of suspense lends to the point made and it is a good point. Blizzard is filled with amateurs and hacks now and the products are showing that.
    Why would they make the last movie first? You don't make any sense dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...enshots-Videos, whether they are true or fabricated like this one. As well, one shouldn't make fabricated videos like this, as there are people in the world who will disregard the mention of it being made up, and take it to believe it is true.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

LOL. Imagine if 'The Usual Suspects' started with Spacey saying "I am Keyser Soze, and this is my story"

The video is based on the viewer believing it was real or at least not being sure what to believe.
    Last edited by kranur; 2022-05-20 at 07:22 AM.

Why would they make the last movie first? You don't make any sense dude.
    The cognitive dissonance on display here is hilariously astounding.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It´s not a lie, he said it´s fake.

It is called immersion.

I love McMana, he made WoW Classic amazing early on at Zandalar Tribe. The treatment he got was pathetic.

Have you ever read a book before?

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Have you ever read a book before?
    If it was fanfiction he should've said so at the beginning. People watched this thinking this was canon lore they'd never heard of before, only for the author to rickroll them at the end.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    If it was fanfiction he should've said so at the beginning. People watched this thinking this was canon lore they'd never heard of before, only for the author to rickroll them at the end.
    Damn you are seriously buthurt over how great he is at storytelling are you? His point was to make an interesting story about the most boring place in WoW and he made it more interesting than all of Shadowlands. Just to prove how lazy Blizzard are, and he did it.

I thought i was fun and even if it wasn't real it was a treat. It's time to not be so offended about being entertained.

That's very sad. I hope you recover one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Askyl View Post
    Damn you are seriously buthurt over how great he is at storytelling are you? His point was to make an interesting story about the most boring place in WoW and he made it more interesting than all of Shadowlands. Just to prove how lazy Blizzard are, and he did it.

I thought i was fun and even if it wasn't real it was a treat. It's time to not be so offended about being entertained.
    The only one offended here seems to be you for us liking what you like. Fanfiction should declare itself fanfiction right off the bat so people who don't care about fanfiction know to give it a pass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    That's very sad. I hope you recover one day.
    Condescending compassion. The sign of the true intellectual to get all high and mighty and act like someone is wrong or hurt for not agreeing with them. /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The only one offended here seems to be you for us liking what you like. Fanfiction should declare itself fanfiction right off the bat so people who don't care about fanfiction know to give it a pass.
    But... It's not fan fiction? Like, what is your problem dude. It's legit and valid criticism towards Blizzard, while being very entertaining. Not his fault you're stuck up dude :P

I'm annoyed, but it's a point well made. I was invested throughout the whole video. This is exactly the type of MMO shenanigans that MMO's used to be all about. Weird stuff that players had to figure out. Obviously not as deranged as this example, but certainly problems that the player has to dig for.

I suppose one of the problems is what these days any such mysteries would be immediately be spoiled by Wowhead and are therefore not worth the effort.

What is this thread, I dont even.... The video and story was good, and when the reveal came, it was funny and made the video worthwhile. If he had to state in the beginning of the video that the following content is fake, what would be the point of the video? The very idea renders the point of the video mute. Someone needs to apply lotion to their hurt butts.