Poll: What do you think?

Page 48 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just plug them into the “kings diversity tool” max out them number and you got a winner

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    Oh you sweet summer child.
    Nothing personal but by 'very specific art' I meant something like your avatar. It makes me think of Soythyr.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bruxx View Post
    Do... Do you think that furries are solely attracted to thin, "weak" looking characters? I wish I was blessed with your ignorance
    This, its actually crazy to me people think this way.

Dracthyr don't read as furry to me in the slightest, just someone who wanted to make a Dragon Race that's "Different" and "Unique" from traditional dragon people.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    As supported by the fact that IRL birds are buff as shit.
    Birds replace arms with wings so their chest muscles do most of the work with flapping (unlike humanoids with wings coming off their backs where other muscles would have to do it)

And I mean, we've all seen chicken breasts right? They're pretty damn bulky for the size of the bird and chickens can barely even fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharby View Post
    just someone who wanted to make a Dragon Race that's "Different" and "Unique" from traditional dragon people.
    Unique is not always mean good.
    Mechagnomes are unique. Yet, they are very unpopular because they are very badly designed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supertoster View Post
    Unique is not always mean good.
    Mechagnomes are unique. Yet, they are very unpopular because they are very badly designed.
    I agree, I think the fear of being generic hurt them (in my opinion.)

They should just give generic customizations for Dracthyr while keeping the more zany stuff for those that want it.

Its a brand new race after all, it should be filled with options and effort.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

I agree, I think the fear of being generic hurt them (in my opinion.)

They should just give generic customizations for Dracthyr while keeping the more zany stuff for those that want it.

Its a brand new race after all, it should be filled with options and effort.
    Especially since the race also gatekeeps a new class. I think that idea is neat but it means they should absolutely make the race cover as many aesthetic options as possible.

10+ Year Old Account
    This, its actually crazy to me people think this way.

Dracthyr don't read as furry to me in the slightest, just someone who wanted to make a Dragon Race that's "Different" and "Unique" from traditional dragon people.
    People are using the term "furry" in an effort to deride the concept. The simple reality is that some people wanted something like this;

But those people seemingly didn't understand that WoW's dragons operate like this;

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    People are using the term "furry" in an effort to deride the concept. The simple reality is that some people wanted something like this;

But those people seemingly didn't understand that WoW's dragons operate like this;

Although Wrathion, and the other bigger dragons, function as such the Dracthyr are closer to the first image than they are the second when it comes to their original forms.

Also that dragon-man you posted looks good, even though it very much looks like a human with a salamander head slapped ontop. His arms look way too small when comparing it to his torso/neck though.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-19 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I don't understand why Blizzard didn't just give us Drakkonoids or Dragonspawn. They fit the WoW aesthetic.

I don't like the look of the Drakthyr at all. Tweaking their proportions won't salvage the race for me.

Its like they are against good design.

These dudes look amazing. The current design looks like a furries heaven.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghanir View Post
    Although Wrathion, and the other bigger dragons, function as such the Dracthyr are closer to the first image than they are the second when it comes to their original forms.
    Only insomuch that Blizzard had to utilize humanoid looking dragons due to technical limitations. Functionally, the Dracthyr are similar to Wrathion.

10+ Year Old Account

They simply don't care. Player's agency > everything else. If there is nothing in the lore that can satisfy players demands - create something new. Lore should serve gameplay, not vise versa.

3+ Year Old Account
    Only insomuch that Blizzard had to utilize humanoid looking dragons due to technical limitations. Functionally, the Dracthyr are similar to Wrathion.
    Only in thematic. For most of their gameplay they will function more like the first image since they are bipedal player characters.

Wrathion functions very differently compared to the Dracthyr.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only in thematic. For most of their gameplay they will function more like the first image since they are bipedal player characters.

Wrathion functions very differently compared to the Dracthyr.
    Incorrect. The first image is a character that relies on armor and weapons, much like a warrior, or other WoW classes. The Dracthyr Evoker fights like a draconic creature would, with breathing fire, and using its wings to attack from the air. You see this in their developer videos.

Blizzard’s stated design goal with the Dracthyr is for the player to be a dragon like Alexstraza and Wrathion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Incorrect. The first image is a character that relies on armor and weapons, much like a warrior, or other WoW classes. The Dracthyr Evoker fights like a draconic creature would, with breathing fire, and using its wings to attack from the air. You see this in their developer videos.

Blizzard’s stated design goal with the Dracthyr is for the player to be a dragon like Alexstraza and Wrathion.
    Until the Dracthyr gets on all 4 and gets massive bodies then they won't play like Alexstrasza or Wrathion.
    You and I both know that the Dracthyr will also have armour displayed while in their original form. Something Blizzard themselves have stated.

When I spoke about gameplay and function I mean their mechanical functions as a bipedal anthropomorphic dragon-man creature, something Wrathion and the other Aspects very much don't function as.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-20 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until the Dracthyr gets on all 4 and gets massive bodies then they won't play like Alexstrasza or Wrathion.
    You and I both know that the Dracthyr will also have armour displayed while in their original form. Something Blizzard themselves have stated.

When I spoke about gameplay and function I mean their mechanical functions as a bipedal anthropomorphic dragon-man creature, something Wrathion and the other Aspects very much don't function as.
    What abilities would the Dracthyr have that they currently don’t have if they were larger and on all fours? As it stands, they're getting the abilities from Alexstraza and Deathwing HotS who both fought on all fours in dragon form.

Your argument here is like saying that Guardian or Feral Druid functionally changes werebear or saberon form. It didn't.

As for the armor, I'm talking more inline with weapons and shields. There will be no shield-based attacks, or weapon-based attacks in the class. Obviously as a playable class, they will have to utilize the WoW gearing system, but that's solely for stat purposes.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-20 at 11:38 AM.

3+ Year Old Account
    What abilities would the Dracthyr have that they currently don’t have if they were larger and on all fours? As it stands, they're getting the abilities from Alexstraza and Deathwing HotS who both fought on all fours in dragon form.

Your argument here is like saying that Guardian or Feral Druid functionally changes werebear or saberon form. It didn't.

As for the armor, I'm talking more inline with weapons and shields. There will be no shield-based attacks, or weapon-based attacks in the class. Obviously as a playable class, they will have to utilize the WoW gearing system, but that's solely for stat purposes.
    I haven't mentioned any abilities. I am saying a giant four-legged beast functions very differently from a bipedal humanoid.

A bear does not function the same as a human.

Although the bigger dragons might throw spells and the like similarly to humans and other humanoids when the dragons are in their visage form they function very much like a four-legged beast when in their original dragon forms.
    The Dracthyr goes from humanoid with small dragon details to humanoid fully covered in scales, with claws & dragon-esque maw features and wings. They still function very much like a humanoid in their original form.

To argue that a fully grown dragon functions the same as a dragonewt(which the Dracthyr basically are) is simply false.
    Last edited by Ghanir; 2022-05-20 at 03:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't mentioned any abilities. I am saying a giant four-legged beast functions very differently from a bipedal humanoid.

A bear does not function the same as a human.
    And again, the Druid werebear and Saberon were bipedal, just like Dracthyrs, and they were functionally the exact same as the quadrupedal variations.

To argue that a fully grown dragon functions the same as a dragonewt(which the Dracthyr basically are) is simply false.
    See above. The only difference between a dracthyr and a dragon is it standing on its hind legs.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-05-20 at 03:41 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    As supported by the fact that IRL birds are buff as shit.
    Supporters by dinosaurs... oh damn that's to real life. Let's go with proper dragons in this game... or any fantasy setting that has dragons.

Damn, dont you hate being scammed?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Its like they are against good design.

These dudes look amazing. The current design looks like a furries heaven.
    The current design is too degenerated that furries don’t even want to play.