• Accept

461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread is not about surrogacy, adoption, or different variations of relationships between consenting adults. Let's drop the derail and return to the actual topic of the thread.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Omg thank you for spelling this all out to someone who has no concept of what they're talking about. Think it would bend his little mind if I said my sister was born female but is now a full fledge male...parts and all? True story.
    Your sister is still a female in a surgically altered body and that didn’t receive appropriate psychological treatment in time.

But anyways the thread is a good example in itself: random idiots jump in and start claiming that their version of truth is the only version of truth, ignoring any facts that prove otherwise. The same with accepting any EULA. Just another reason to not care what’s written inside.

Do we really want to accept social conduct instruction from a company that makes breast feeding mothers use scummy rooms with employees drinking their milk?

How about taking social conduct instruction from a company that had a cosby suite?

How about taking social conduct instruction from a company that the COE is recorded telling employees he's going to have them assassinated?

How much BS do we have to tolerate WHILST being spoken down to.

How about all the poor conduct from Blizz employees on Twitter?

If Blizz frick up again, does that rule the social contract as void?

If blizz want to tell people how to interact, they need to do it through being a ROLE MODEL and through more socially accessible content, instead of creating content and methods of playing the game that leads to hostility.

I don't need BLIZZ to tell me how to interact with other humans, I just need them to produce a fucking game, that's all they've ever had to do and have been failing for years.

I am not a well served customer, I am a USED customer.

After writings this, I just cancelled my sub, I have played for 16 years. MAN, FUCK BLIZZ.
    Last edited by Battlewrath; 2022-05-20 at 07:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlewrath View Post
    Do we really want to accept social conduct instruction from a company that makes breast feeding mothers use scummy rooms with employees drinking their milk?

How about taking social conduct instruction from a company that had a cosby suite?

How about taking social conduct instruction from a company that the COE is recorded telling employees he's going to have them assassinated?

If blizz want to tell people how to interact, they need to do it through being a ROLE MODEL and through more socially accessible content, instead of creating content and methods of playing the game that leads to hostility.

I don't need BLIZZ to tell me how to interact with other humans, I just need them to produce a fucking game, that's all they've ever had to do and have been failing for years.

After writings this, I just cancelled my sub, I have played for 16 years. MAN, FUCK BLIZZ.
    No you didn't. You're probably even playing much more than the average player here, somewhere along the line of a full time job. And considering that you start the whataboutism due to a social contract in which Blizz attempts to mitigate the toxicity their own company fostered for years a bit, I would argue you're probably as toxic and insincere.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Your sister is still a female in a surgically altered body and that didn’t receive appropriate psychological treatment in time.

But anyways the thread is a good example in itself: random idiots jump in and start claiming that their version of truth is the only version of truth, ignoring any facts that prove otherwise. The same with accepting any EULA. Just another reason to not care what’s written inside.
    There is one version of the truth backed up by academia, the scientific community and professionals of various fields and then there is one version of the truth that is backed up by facebook and people lacking any higher education on the topics they're talking about usually.

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    No you didn't. You're probably even playing much more than the average player here, somewhere along the line of a full time job. And considering that you start the whataboutism due to a social contract in which Blizz attempts to mitigate the toxicity their own company fostered for years a bit, I would argue you're probably as toxic and insincere.

- - - Updated - - -

There is one version of the truth backed up by academia, the scientific community and professionals of various fields and then there is one version of the truth that is backed up by facebook and people lacking any higher education on the topics they're talking about usually.
    Oh yeah? How about a royal fuck you too.

10+ Year Old Account

Well, what you mention is now being processed within their company with rightfully elected people to communicate and educate about conducting themselves.

Players need to learn that too, as it is a huge problem, and whataboutism isn't really solving any problems. We can't solve what is going on in the company, the government, courts, and professionals are working on that.

Pardon me.. So, you're saying this social contract made you quit, the last step, so you were okay with all the other shit going on? The final step was for a company that is now under instruction to learn how to conduct themselves, and is soon requesting their customers to learn to do so too, that was the last straw? You having to behave?

Oh well. BYE FELICIA!
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account

so you were perfectly fine with all of the above, but you draw the line at them asking people to be nice?
    yeah glad you are gone mate, i rather not have people in the game who gladly ignore sexual assault and misconduct but rage at the company telling people to play nice.
    hope you spend some time bettering yourself, cause there is no game that will accept you in this genre, go to ff14, get banned in 2 weeks because they are FAR more hardcore about toxicity.

just cause a couple people there are complete and utter asshoels does not mean the rest of the company is forbidden from telling players to be nice to eachother. especially since this "social contract" is something you accepted literally 16 years ago. but they are now just empathizing it.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, i am glad you can finally look inwards, the first step to bettering yourself
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-20 at 11:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

so you will quit rather than not be a dick to people just bcs there are dicks in the company? pretty much "i refuse to be decent person OUT OF PRINCIPLE"? thats like thinking "i wont stop robbing people bcs politicians who make the laws are corrupt"
    well, goodbye i guess, im sure you wont be missed with that attitude...
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-20 at 12:19 PM.

My right to use a product is defined by applicable law, which includes general rights guaranteed by the law and rights accrued through a binding contract - when the product was purchased. EULA, being part of that binding contract, is applicable only to the extent allowed by the law.

So yes, if EULA forces me to agree on something that violates applicable law, my agreement means nothing in the eyes of the law: appropriate condition is de jure not part of the contract. And yes, I will keep using the product of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly the same for me here. Including "censorship on unreasonable basis" part - it's grounds enough for claiming a disfunctional product case and receiving a 100% refund plus interest-based compensation. So yes, when someone deletes your post on Steam, because, say, they do not agree with your opinion - or because that post "violates their ToS that you're implicitly agreed to" - it's censorship and you basically have the right to get a refund for ALL your spendings within 3 years period.

And you WILL get this refund processed if you file for it.
    And Steam knows that. Pretty much blizz and major platforms too.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not about disagreeing to not being a cunt. It's about following some idiotic rules that you shouldn't care about. Or you're really paying $15/mo to follow the rules that somebody got outta their ass, and not to enjoy yourself?
    Yeah, it always boggles me how easily intimidated people are by legal-ish language and stuff like "But it BIG company!!1!".
    A buddy of mine sued microsoft when they tried to screw him over, they lost, he got back his tree-fiddy (it really wasn't a notable amount by anyone's standards), but the part he still retells about it is how he sued microsoft and won

And i mean that is how it should be; if you're confronting an average Joe with your digital quick-serve legalese-ish wordsoup of questionable basis, then by default you should not assume you have made any meaningful agreement.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    so you will quit rather than not be a dick to people just bcs there are dicks in the company? pretty much "i refuse to be decent person OUT OF PRINCIPLE"? thats like thinking "i wont stop robbing people bcs politicians who make the laws are corrupt"
    well, goodbye i guess, im sure you wont be missed with that attitude...
    I question if people should have the moral authority to tell others how to act in a purely fantasy environment.

If someone wants to be an asshole what harm can it honestly cause? Like everything in life there needs to be limits. Ignoring someone should ignore the entire account but that's a failing on blizzards end not the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    If someone wants to be an asshole what harm can it honestly cause?
    being racist or homophobic or worse in virtual world where kids play - bcs wow is from 12 officialy (and ive met younger but lets ignore those)?
    yeah what harm could that cause...
    how about people with some mental issues like depresion and shit, surely its not harmful if morons are allowed to be openly hostile towards them, right?
    and even without those, less morons ingame is only a plus to normal people just trying to relax from real life morons we have to deal with
    Last edited by Lolites; 2022-05-20 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What does "woke" mean? I had to google it.

"aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)"

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/woke

Is there a "woke" right? How are they different than "woke" left?

People use the term "woke" like it's an insult -- an adjective to describe something or someone. How is woke bad? To me it seems like a compliment. A person who isn't actively aware of important facts and issues primarily affecting racial and social justice, sounds like a dipshit to me -- or at least living in a bubble, which isn't a place I'd want to be.
    To the people that use the term "woke", being an educated and intelligent individual *is* the insult. Do you really think anyone with a shred of intelligence would make fun of someone for trying to educate themselves and learn about others? Of course not. You're wasting your breath with this clown

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I question if people should have the moral authority to tell others how to act in a purely fantasy environment.

If someone wants to be an asshole what harm can it honestly cause? Like everything in life there needs to be limits. Ignoring someone should ignore the entire account but that's a failing on blizzards end not the players.
    it... it does ignore the entire account...
    also you seriously sayying "people should be allowed to be toxic, call eachother slurs and stuff cause its a fantasy world"
    you are a ff14 player, i dare you to try that there.

being racist or homophobic or worse in virtual world where kids play - bcs wow is from 12 officialy (and ive met younger but lets ignore those)?
    yeah what harm could that cause...
    how about people with some mental issues like depresion and shit, surely its not harmful if morons are allowed to be openly hostile towards them, right?
    and even without those, less morons ingame is only a plus to normal people just trying to relax from real life morons we have to deal with
    I don't think you have much experience with children if your first thought of them is innocence. I learn most of my new profanity from my children...

As for the rest... an mmo game shouldn't be used as a substitute for therapy. I think people should be able to act the way they want but I think blizz needs to take steps to let people ignore them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    also you seriously sayying "people should be allowed to be toxic, call eachother slurs and stuff cause its a fantasy world"
    It's what I think they should be able to do. I can understand the concept of it not being allowed as well.

I think overall people work better if you give then the tools they need rather then enacting an all encompassing will over them.

People should be allowed to communicate with other people, including communicating within MMO. Including "stealing" kills, calling them names and doing any stuff you can imagine, unless that stuff explicitly violates the law. However, there is no need to double-dip and include "you're not allowed to use the product to violate the law" into the EULA, and for cases when game player #1 dislikes game player #2's attitude for whataver reason, there is already an obscene language filter and ignore feature, and it should not be managed beyond that.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind game settings that allow me to globally filter all players belonging to certain tagged groups. Call is "social rating" as they do in China or whatever.

7+ Year Old Account
    holy shit the amount of people in this thread who want to freely be allowed to call people "gamer words" without getting banned is absolutely insane.

holy shit the amount of people in this thread who want to freely be allowed to call people "gamer words" without getting banned is absolutely insane.
    can you imagine the amount of threads "why did i get baned i did nothing but call few peoples fucking niggers and queers" we will get week after the contract comes to live realms?

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    accept because it's a clarification of the already in use Terms of Service agreement that we all have whizzed past already plus, I don't play a game to scream and rage at someone, if I did damn..i'd feel pretty damn shitty.

7+ Year Old Account
    can you imagine the amount of threads "why did i get baned i did nothing but call few peoples fucking -n-------- and q----" we will get week after the contract comes to live realms?
    woooooooooooow maybe censor those mate, i get your point but come on now, you can get your point across with censored versions of those.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-20 at 06:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    woooooooooooow maybe censor those mate, i get your point but come on now, you can get your point across with censored versions of those.
    You might just have triggered 76 users of the site with that censoring.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..