Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account

Would you play a WC3 mobile port?

Let's just say, in this thread, Reforged either doesn't exist or all of its eccentricities are fixed.

If you could play WC3 on a mobile device, would you? I think I would, as long as the controls weren't too clunky. If it had the polish that Blizz was known for when WC3 originally came out, I think it could be a great experience, though perhaps require the use of a stylus for precise selections (individual units and buildings, etc.)

hell no, that would be an awful experience.

Some custom games could work really well on mobile. But the campaign and melee matches... depends on the controls.

Fuck no, mobile controls are terrible.

I'd play tower defense customs, but not basic vanilla rts

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. It wouldn't work I don't think.

There was an RTS game on mobile - scifi themed, can't remember the name of it (corporate theme) - that was a good effort but didn't feel very good. They'd need to make a version of it that's specifically mobile friendly.

Nah, traditional RTS games just don't feel good without a kb+m. Using a controller is a terrible experience, I can only imagine how bad a touchscreen would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I wont play any big IP Game on mobile, just because 99,9999% are awful and i wished they made this as a REAL game on console/PC. Only Big Franchise Mobile Game i liked was Pokemon Go. All other were bad. Games like Heartstone are nice to play on the go, because it works fine. but a a WC3 wont work on a smartphone. And i wont play Diablo Immortal. And i wont play the Warcraft Rainbow Happyland Game.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post
    Let's just say, in this thread, Reforged either doesn't exist or all of its eccentricities are fixed.

If you could play WC3 on a mobile device, would you? I think I would, as long as the controls weren't too clunky. If it had the polish that Blizz was known for when WC3 originally came out, I think it could be a great experience, though perhaps require the use of a stylus for precise selections (individual units and buildings, etc.)

No I wouldn't and purely because of the bolded bit.

If I take your meaning, this would mean custom campaigns in reforged are working, which means I could play the WC1 and 2 remakes in reforged, so I would just be playing reforged.

If that was not an option, and the mobile port had custom campaigns where I could do that (or even better had a native remaster of WC1 and 2), then I would absolutely play it.

Tldr - I'll play anything that lets me replay WC1 and 2 with updated graphics + QOL stuff (like selecting more than 9 units and attack move). I would kill for those remakes, especially with updated lore.

(P.S. I know about chronicles of the second war, but I can't even find confirmation that its even still being worked on. Hive is weird to navigate for me, but maybe @Triceron will be awesome and give an update if he sees this thread, discord link is broken and the only posts from 2022 on the hive I can find are other people asking for updates)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Nah. It wouldn't work I don't think.

There was an RTS game on mobile - scifi themed, can't remember the name of it (corporate theme) - that was a good effort but didn't feel very good. They'd need to make a version of it that's specifically mobile friendly.
    you talking about that weird command and conquer game?
    Last edited by AcidicSyn; 2022-05-20 at 02:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

you talking about that weird command and conquer game?
    It was the same principle. It was themed after a company / corporation trying to take over ___whatever. It was ok, but clumsy.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If they fixed Reforged, and then made a mobile port, would I play it? Sure. There's tons of custom maps that would probably work really well on mobile. Now, I don't think all game modes or types of maps would work, but some of them certainly would, enough to make it worthwhile.

Mostly though, I just want them to fix Reforged.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagenod View Post

I am somewhat curious to see what sort of practically implementable controls you would have in mind here, mentioning a stylus is no more detailed than mentioning WoW is played with a mouse.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only ever play mobile game that are not particularly immersive, to kill time. Games, that can be started and dropped with moments notice when you are waiting for the bus or something. Like Sudoku.

Even if WC3 was perfectly playable with your phone (big fucking if), I wouldn't play it. That's what my PC is for, to get immersed in the world of video games, and that immersion is best achieved in the comfort of your own home, not amidst random people outside. And WC3 is a good example of an immersive game I want to experience on my PC, not when I'm killing time, waiting for something, that I can just start and drop whenever.

In short, hell no.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Hell to the fucking no no no. As others have said, mobile controls are too clunky, and on top of that I'd be terrified that I'd have to purchase extra lives or some other bullshit mobile pricing model "upgrade" just to play the game.

Fuck everything about mobile. It still baffles me what phones have been turned into.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post

(P.S. I know about chronicles of the second war, but I can't even find confirmation that its even still being worked on. Hive is weird to navigate for me, but maybe @Triceron will be awesome and give an update if he sees this thread, discord link is broken and the only posts from 2022 on the hive I can find are other people asking for updates)
    Chronicles is absolutely active and still being worked on! The team's been making great progress as well on the Horde Campaign.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Chronicles is absolutely active and still being worked on! The team's been making great progress as well on the Horde Campaign.
    woohoo! ty for the update! Finally going to play the demo tonight, ecstatic for the full thing ^_^
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

I definitely would.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, not at all.
    Here is something to believe in!

There's just no way you could have a great experience playing such a game on a phone lol. Controls would be either retarded or the game would just be dumbed down to a piece of shit. Did I mention that you'd be doing that on a tiny screen? Fuck that lol.