Thread: 2022 Midterms

Page 2 of 170 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The First Rule of Cocaine Orgy Club is that you do not talk about Cocaine Orgy Club.

The Second Rule of Cocaine Orgy Club is You DO NOT TALK about Cocaine Orgy club.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm actually a bit sad he's conceding and isn't gonna bitch and moan for the next 6 months about how his party stole his primary victory from him.
    If he can bitch as a "jilted outsider" about his opponents and other GOP members for "betraying" him or being a bunch of cocaine orgy abusers it might work to dissuade GOP voters from voting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Oz currently up in PA with around 94% counted. This is incredibly close and will likely head to a recount.
    Well, by Republican/Trump standards from 2020, that means that since there was no result by the end of Election Day for the Senate primary the GOP can't have a nominee for Senate in November.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Trump and Perdue have relentlessly attacked Kemp for two years for the Georgia governor’s apostasy of failing to overturn Trump’s lost election, over which Kemp had no control. But Trump’s attempt to bring his national cry of a stolen election — for which he has offered no evidence — to a state-level race apparently has not swayed those who are supposed to be his core voters. What was once a close race, in which Kemp and Perdue were running virtually tied, has exploded into a rout, and recent polls show Kemp will win the Republican primary without the need for a runoff.
    https://thehill.com/news/campaign/34...sement-record/

I was amused by the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    Well, by Republican/Trump standards from 2020, that means that since there was no result by the end of Election Day for the Senate primary the GOP can't have a nominee for Senate in November.
    What's also gone unnoticed by trumpsticles is how Oz and the other guy are all for uncounted, mail-in ballots.

Also, it appears being a shithead TV star erased being a muslim for these guys as well. They had aneurysms over Obama claiming a Christian was a muslim, but champion a muslim who just happens to be a TV star. And they have the gall to call us bad faith actors.

10+ Year Old Account
    It looks like Jamie McLeod-Skinner is on the verge on ousting Rep. Kurt Schrader or Oregon's 5th.
    For the Cosplayers that forgot, Schrader is basically the Joe Manchin of the House; family money in Pharma, voted against the BBB.

The district has been restructured and is filled with Democrats who have been priced out of Portland, as well as Jamie’s home turf in Deschutes County.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ary-2022-5?amp

STOLEN ELECTION! We may not have gotten these claims with Cawthorn, but we're getting them with Oz since the race is so close. Love Republicans that think every race they lose is stolen and not just that their candidates are unpopular.

Edit: And to mark Cawthorn's loss, let's look at his message after his win in 2020 -

https://twitter.com/CawthornforNC/st...13315169165313

Cry more, lib.
    Cry more, con.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ary-2022-5?amp

STOLEN ELECTION! We may not have gotten these claims with Cawthorn, but we're getting them with Oz since the race is so close. Love Republicans that think every race they lose is stolen and not just that their candidates are unpopular.
    And apparently Trump's suggested strategy in this case is for Oz to "just declare victory."

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Yup.

Doesn't seem to have worked out quite so well for him when doing that, though. Only reason Trump wants this, is because he backed Oz, and him losing goes against his "perfect" endorsement record.
    Man, the grifter mindset.

"If I'm just confident enough, I'll make my own reality because everyone agrees with someone who is very confident."

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps...just maybe...the last failed Non-Politician TV star was an eye opener for many, and aren't interested in seeing some BS celebrity to take an office that has a direct influence on their every day lives. Wild thought, I know.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Don't ever talk about cocaine orgies people. Your political career may end.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    And apparently Trump's suggested strategy in this case is for Oz to "just declare victory."
    Ooof! The best feeling ever if this would last until election and Oz did lose, but them calling it it fake.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    Don't ever talk about cocaine orgies people. Your political career may end.
    Did the #DEEPSTATE Republicans destroy Cawthorn's re-election?

It's a serious, valid question! We're just asking questions here! We don't know! They may have!

Did the #DEEPSTATE Republicans destroy Cawthorn's re-election?

It's a serious, valid question! We're just asking questions here! We don't know! They may have!
    No doubt. This was Republicans saying "Hey mother effer! First rule is; You don't talk about Cocaine Orgies!"
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Dear fellow Leftists. Smash the Podcaster class, they are not your allies. They grew up watching Fox News and just internalized "owning the libs!"
    These people love projecting their own behavior onto the libs. They're profiting off of your grievances for Silicon Valley bucks.

hasanabi
    @hasanthehun
    anytime a leftist candidate defeats a centrist establishment democrat pick, the "msnbc analyst in the bio" part of this website absolutely lights up in anger. wonder why they can't get behind a rugged salt of the earth guy who's slated to a flip a red senate seat?

12 Hours before ...

@ConorLambPA
    I entered this believing PA Dems needed a real debate, and I’m proud of the campaign we gave you. Today, voters made it clear that John is their choice. I respect their decision and congratulate John on his victory. I hope he recovers quickly from his stoke and today’s surgery.

Joe Biden
    United States government official
    Electing JohnFetterman to the United States Senate would be a big step forward for Pennsylvania’s working people.

We're fighting against fascists, get off the internet and in the car Sport.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...imary-1355236/

‘I Never Ran Over Anyone With a Car and I Never Hit Anyone in the Head With a Frying Pan,’ Says Actual GOP Primary Winner
    The absolute state of Republican primary politics.

Oh, and she attended the Jan. 6 insurrection, but I guess that's less wild than these denials.

She’s also been accused of abuse by multiple ex-husbands. Randy Auman, who was married to Smith from 1995 to 2001, told the Carolina Journal this month that she tried to run him over with a car. In 2009, another husband, Eric Goranson, wrote in a court filing that they split up after she woke him up in the middle of the night by repeatedly bashing him over the head with an alarm clock.
    - - - Updated - - -

https://www.salon.com/2022/05/19/dr-...s-to-crack-up/

Oz, in thanking Hannity and Fox News for "behind the scenes help" for his campaign, which has pissed some off like Barnette (lol, loser). It's also caused a bit of a split at Fox, with some hosts maintaining their endorsement/support of him and others rescinding it following his apparent underperformance.

TV celebrities are really weird.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Bless him. He has one trick when it comes to elections and he still hasn't realised it doesn't work.
    I haven't kept track of all the states that have changed their rules/laws to allow for the state legislators to override the will of the people, but 2022 should be an interesting year. 2024 will be [yet again] a turning point for the United States, in regards to election validity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching the Very Online Left do a Xbox 360 on Fetterman ... has been interesting.

"HAhah we owned the establishmeent by winning with 30 points!"
    Schumer and Fetterman are going to sit around in Harvard shirts bonding over support for legal weed and Israel.

Owning the centrists by nominating a senate candidate who's politically identical to Chuck Schumer.

Either way, I just hope the guy pulls off the win in November.

Bless him. He has one trick when it comes to elections and he still hasn't realised it doesn't work.
    The best part of this I never realized or cared was Trump taking @realDonaldTrump on truth social. I guess it's branding and that is all Trump is about, but why not just @DonaldTrump or his MeinFuhrer. He could have had any name.

Also pro Israeli groups trying to sway Dem primaries in Pennsylvania

Chris Hayes on how AIPAC is spending millions to sway races: "They recognize that Israel is not the top issue for the voters—so what they did instead was launch an almost comically disingenuous attack claiming Summer Lee is ‘not a real Democrat.’"

Two things here. 1) is a foreign country or PAC trying to influence an election. Sadly this happens much and we could probably both sides this. Yet if another country say China did this, there is no way we would not let this happen. 2) this PAC of course used the tropes of anti-Semitism and bigotry if you oppose the Israeli government.

Yet with other thread and our good ole Supreme Court this is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Two things here. 1) is a foreign country or PAC trying to influence an election.
    Thought AIPAC was jewish americans who support israel, not an isreali pac.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Thought AIPAC was jewish americans who support israel, not an isreali pac.
    Any foreign group can find domestic stooges to act as faces for their foreign money.