@Ripster42

This will be my last post for the next few hours likely. It’s the kids last day of school before summer and got stuff to do before that but honestly man.

I see this as a problem for future elections too but not like you do. If a future politician comes in and tries what she did with her voters they risk of a repeat of that.

I am not one of those “Blue No Matter Who” people and neither are a massive number of people and nothing any of us do will change that and the politicians know this as well.

I am willing to vote Democrats for politicians I don’t know much or anything about given what we are up against but I will draw that line with one who acts like they don’t need my vote I have no choice and I am not alone on this and the politicians know this. Clinton knew this but still did what she did thinking that she had such a lock that she could do what she wanted.

I voted for Biden, if he pulled what she did I would have left his name off my ballot.

Whomever comes after Biden, so long as they are even half decent I will vote for them with what is on the other side unless they pull what Clinton did or I will not vote for them.

With Clinton, if she hadn’t pulled what she did with DWS I would have held my nose and voted for her. But she pulled what she did.

This isn’t rocket science and all the politicians know that if you treat your base like they aren’t wanted or have no choice, then they run part of them off. And no amount of blaming the voters will change that and the fact is it isn’t the voters fault as it isn’t their job to just blindly accept that crap.

If the politician actively runs their voters off, it’s on them, not the voters they ran off.

Now, for the voters voting based on lies and are being played, that I don’t put on the politician as much beyond their refusal to pass stuff to address it which then puts us against the same people we are already voting against now.

But seriously, no amount of bringing this up will change that she lost due to her actions or that any future politician who get as cocky as she did will risk the same results and nothing any of us do will change that math.

So bringing this up repeatedly won’t change anything unless we have the next presidential hopeful reading these forums and learning not to act like she did because while many will hold their nose, many others have limits.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What about abstaining from voting for it? Asking for @Fugus.
    Then you're open to mocking from everyone. And you don't get to complain about shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    They are. This is them trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, my. Imagine neo-confederate states losing the sweet federal $$ that come with mega-bases like Fort Bragg.
    I saw somewhere that the DoD is the second largest employer in those states after Walmart. NASA is also having concerns that they may see many of their female employees based in Florida leaving. SpaceX is in the same situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I saw somewhere that the DoD is the second largest employer in those states after Walmart. NASA is also having concerns that they may see many of their female employees based in Florida leaving. SpaceX is in the same situation.
    SpaceX .... Just a guess. In a year's time they're going to be embroiled in various harassment lawsuits in California.

Ladies! Would you prefer to be harassed by the Texas government? Or by management in our Hawthorne, CA facilities?
    ~Tesla SpaceX

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    SpaceX .... Just a guess. In a year's time they're going to be embroiled in various harassment lawsuits in California.

Ladies! Would you prefer to be harassed by the Texas government? Or by management in our Hawthorne, CA facilities?
    ~Tesla SpaceX
    I mean...why choose? You can work at Tesla and get harassed. Or SpaceX and get harassed. I'm sure we'll be hearing of stories from the Boring company and Neuralink at some point as well. At least once they stop torturing monkey's so Elon can feed us ads and memes directly into our brains.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Then you're open to mocking from everyone. And you don't get to complain about shit.
    Yeah, that's what I thought. There goes @Fugus again, who echoed your sentiment about bitching about something and not voting in favor of solving the problem, saying they'd do it again:

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post

I voted for Biden, if he pulled what she did I would have left his name off my ballot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Yeah, that's what I thought. There goes @Fugus again, who echoed your sentiment about bitching about something and not voting in favor of solving the problem, saying they'd do it again:
    Sorry you think me voting down ballot Democrat was throwing my vote away when I wrote in another democrats name for president because the alternative ran me off to an extent I couldn’t hold my nose on it, still won’t change a thing and still won’t change the fact that I don’t agree with what the GOP has done and actively voted against it.

Guessing you want Trump or another like him winning the next time because the candidate can do no wrong and it’s on the voters to bail them out and forgive them.

Guessing you would rather the huge numbers of voters rather than vote for the democrats would just stay home instead as that would be better in your head than just having the candidate not snub them.

Edit: even further off topic, stuck in a waiting room staring at photos and their frontal view of your foot looks like an angry octopus eyeing you with the talus looking like an eye.
    Last edited by Fugus; 2022-05-20 at 05:43 PM.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Sorry you think me voting down ballot Democrat was throwing my vote away when I wrote in another democrats name for president because the alternative ran me off to an extent I couldn’t hold my nose on it, still won’t change a thing and still won’t change the fact that I don’t agree with what the GOP has done and actively voted against it.
    So this is what, tripling down on your hypocrisy?

Never underestimate the short sighted hypocrisy of others.
    Man, I sure hope future candidates don't underestimate your shortsighted hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    In response to that, I just saw this article.

After Roe, can states stop abortions on Native American lands?l

So yeah, this could end up being weird situation. Especially since, wasn't like half of Oklahoma City declared on Native Land a couple of years ago? Or it could be nothing but more shit.
    So again, the state's right people all of sudden don't want other people deciding what they do on their own land and territory. As you stated that Indigenous, Native or First Nation land may have legal rights. Your article states "criminal law" but I would love to see where this goes since now some states are defining abortion as criminal while others are not. As pro-choice I would be frightened by our conservative courts ruling in favor but maybe there is a chance.

I will add in a different article I saw that California the super blue state is adding money to it's abortion clinics and such and aid to help people. I really, really don't like this and I know these states want to protect rights and its a band aid. But as possibly First Nation tribes or other blue states, this will not help people who cannot travel.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluespiderman57 View Post
    In response to that, I just saw this article.

After Roe, can states stop abortions on Native American lands?l

So yeah, this could end up being weird situation. Especially since, wasn't like half of Oklahoma City declared on Native Land a couple of years ago? Or it could be nothing but more shit.
    It's an interesting situation legally speaking. If Native Tribes allow abortions on their land, clinics could pop up just outside Red State jurisdictions. There would be nothing the state could do, so far, to prevent it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
    So again, the state's right people all of sudden don't want other people deciding what they do on their own land and territory. As you stated that Indigenous, Native or First Nation land may have legal rights. Your article states "criminal law" but I would love to see where this goes since now some states are defining abortion as criminal while others are not. As pro-choice I would be frightened by our conservative courts ruling in favor but maybe there is a chance.

I will add in a different article I saw that California the super blue state is adding money to it's abortion clinics and such and aid to help people. I really, really don't like this and I know these states want to protect rights and its a band aid. But as possibly First Nation tribes or other blue states, this will not help people who cannot travel.
    With Roe being turned over (assuming SCOTUS does it) we're going to see that at the forefront of politics going forward. This will be a top three Red vs Blue state disagreements.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

Planned Parenthood can add travel agency to their list of services. Major destinations California, Washington, Illinois. Or in the case of Oklahoma, Cherokee Nation territory.

No, it’s you showing how you would gladly re elect Trump rather than blame Clinton acting like she could do no wrong on the issue.

Man, I sure hope future candidates don't underestimate your shortsighted hypocrisy.
    Really pathetic when you consider consistency to be hypocrisy.

Nothing hypocritical about not voting for someone who snubs you and saying that even if it were other candidates who did the same thing you wouldn’t vote for them either for the exact same thing.

Now watch you deflect about my pride and ego to avoid addressing the politicians ego which was the problem and drove my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids, Summer is cancled because Dad wants to stay home and yell at "Pigeons" online.

I giggled.

Voting for Democrats actually accomplishes more than; online messaging about how Biden needs to commit high crimes and misdemeanors and hoping the constitutional crisis ends well for us.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Kids, Summer is cancled because Dad wants to stay home and yell at "Pigeons" online.
    I used to avoid it but learned it does not good on here so, when in Rome….

No, it’s you showing how you would gladly re elect Trump rather than blame Clinton acting like she could do no wrong on the issue.
    Yes, clearly.

What is more effective in stopping things like bad scotus judges being appointed endangering things like roe v wade, not voting in elections for the people who would appoint those judges, or voting for their opponents?

Why do you keep bringing up clinton? 2016 is over. It's 6 years ago. We're talking about future elections, where you have to make the choice between supporting people like trump, supporting their opponents, or abstaining. Where you've said you'll do the same thing: not vote in your best interests. Hypocrite that you are, as evidenced in this thread, you'll also bitch about the results and consequences of those elections.

Here is what you should expect:

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post

For the love of God, you two, stop derailing this thread and just make out already!

Yes, clearly.

What is more effective in stopping things like bad scotus judges being appointed endangering things like roe v wade, not voting in elections for the people who would appoint those judges, or voting for their opponents?

Why do you keep bringing up clinton? 2016 is over. It's 6 years ago. We're talking about future elections, where you have to make the choice between supporting people like trump, supporting their opponents, or abstaining. Where you've said you'll do the same thing: not vote in your best interests. Hypocrite that you are, as evidenced in this thread, you'll also bitch about the results and consequences of those elections.

Here is what you should expect:
    YOU are the one's who kept talking about her with the repeated attempts of blaming voters for the supreme court and the verdicts directly calling out those who didn't even vote Trump as the reason.

As for what's more effective? Not running your voters off, not blaming the voters and making that same mistake again of running your voters off.

And, I didn't vote for Trump, so I didn't vote for those justices, I voted Democrat down ballot across the board, even when it came to the presidents slot, just not Clinton due to her actions.

Which is better? Voting down ballot democrat? Or not voting at all?

And remember, you can blame me all you want, it still won't change the fact that my refusal to vote for her was based on her actions, and no matter how you spin it, that won't change for me or millions of others. So your options are to either:

1) Somehow get all these voters to vote based solely on party no matter of the other stuff just out of shear self defense which is a fools errand on this one part as even the Republicans know that they can be as evil and sadistic as they want to be and their voters will still fall in line so long as they don't know they are being played and they are too gullible to check but the moment they overtly do something that snubs their voters even they will lose them. So quite literally you are asking for a level of devotion to party before all that not even the Republican's can muster or...

2) Get the politicians to realize that if they snub their voters, they lose their voters and to actually show them at least that modicum of respect.

In the future elections, option 2 is the only viable option there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    For the love of God, you two, stop derailing this thread and just make out already!
    Oh, the Ted Cruz thread was derailed by Slacker76 on the first page as well. I have no issues with responding to them when they bring up Clinton but they are the ones that have started it every time but one.

The moderation has even repeatedly mentioned on threads to stop talking about Clinton but they can't help themselves but bring it up and I will gladly respond because it gets interesting and I am bored and honestly, nothing ever really gets to be done about it otherwise they would be warned almost immediately at this point or infracted for it later just for starting the derail knowing exactly what they are doing.

But as far as making out, not into dudes but if they are a woman I still wouldn't want to have a RipGus / Fugster

your option 2 is how the other, eviler team get their people in, change the law,and laughs at your reactions

i dont like it but until you change election laws considerably, option 1 is unfortunately the way to go. Because the US has a rigged as wella s winner take all system

UCSF Study.

Many Residents Won’t Get Abortion Training if Roe Is Overturned

Nearly half of obstetrics and gynecology residency programs in the U.S. may lack abortion training if Roe v. Wade is overturned in an upcoming Supreme Court decision, according to a new study by UC San Francisco and UCLA.

“In 2020, 92% of obstetrics and gynecology residents reported having access to some level of abortion training,” the authors wrote in the study, appearing April 28 in Obstetrics & Gynecology. “We predict that, if Roe v. Wade is overturned, this would plummet to at most 56%.”

There will be times when abortion is the only option for saving a woman's life. Not having an OB-GYN trained in the procedure will increase the risk of death.

Guessing you want Trump or another like him winning the next time because the candidate can do no wrong and it’s on the voters to bail them out and forgive them.
    I do not understand that concept that a candidate is owed my vote simply because they belong to a particular political party.

They've got to EARN it. And not by the default of "I'm not as much of a shitter as that other person".