musk always feels like that catch me if you can guy, just keeping 1 step ahead of his problems which are going to catch up with him.

I am not sure why Musk is worried sexual assault, racism, pedophilia are all part and parcel to today's republican party now if it came out he was gay that would be a problem (see Madison Cawthorne). This sexual assault allegation makes him presidential material (if he wasn't barred from running).
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2022-05-20 at 11:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    I am not sure why Musk is worried sexual assault, racism, pedophilia are all part and parcel to today's republican party now if it came out he was gay that would be a problem (see Madison Cawthorne). This sexual assault allegation makes him presidential material (if he wasn't barred from running).
    Yeah, I liked how I went to Twitter, saw that he was trending, and people were just claiming that he was being smeared, not realizing that if he didn't actually do it, then why did he pay her?

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    Yeah, I liked how I went to Twitter, saw that he was trending, and people were just claiming that he was being smeared, not realizing that if he didn't actually do it, then why did he pay her?
    To be fair and I hate to be it's possible that paying is cheaper than going through the litigation it doesn't necessarily mean he is guilty. However the fact that he pre-empted it as some kind of a political hit job makes him look so very guilty. He should have straight out deny it or say he paid it because it was cheaper, the whole political angle was a bad call.

This entire saga goes to show Elon Musk is nowhere near as smart as his follower claim. His main customer base aren't the right wing hicks on twitter but liberals with lots of spare cash, I don't see how putting himself in the spotlight as a right wing nut case helps his numbers.
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2022-05-20 at 02:23 PM.

I agree that his actions make him look guilty. If he didn't do anything wrong and simply paid her off to make it go away, he could have simply explained that and I imagine a lot of people that now doubt him would have either believed him or at least taken his explanation seriously. We are all aware that wealthy individuals and companies pay people off even if they aren't entirely guilty of what was accused.

This reminds me of recent republican behavior. I'd be curious to see a list of things Musk has accused others of in the past to see if there's a pattern of projection.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sexual assault with follow up NDA is just part of the Republican initiation process; standard procedure, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Sexual assault with follow up NDA is just part of the Republican initiation process; standard procedure, really.
    What's hilarious is folks have timed his tweetstorm to almost the exact moment BI reached out to him for comment and he told them "there's a lot more to say" about it.

He spent the day shitposting and setting up a narrative that "libs are coming to get me" because he knew the piece was coming, and given that he didn't outright reject it when reached out to for comment, sure makes it seem like maybe yeah, he did.

And this guy wants to run Twitter, lol.

Tesla’s stock price plummets as Twitter deal hangs in the balance

It would be so lovely if the Board of Tesla removed him as CEO and any executive duty, since he is basically tanking the value, yes over value nonetheless, in order to purchase another company.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post

It would be so lovely if the Board of Tesla removed him as CEO and any executive duty, since he is basically tanking the value, yes over value nonetheless, in order to purchase another company.
    So since he kicked this thing off in early April, TSLA is down around 40% from 1100 ->650.

It appears he's lost around $50B in wealth as a result. He remains an entreprenurial genius.

I would watch out about the sexual harassment thing. Reading up it is not the person in question who is coming out with this but her Friend. So this not coming from the alleged victim.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    I would watch out about the sexual harassment thing. Reading up it is not the person in question who is coming out with this but her Friend. So this not coming from the alleged victim.
    Not particularly odd, given that the victim almost certainly was obliged to sign an NDA as part of the settlement.

But her friend can say whatever the hell she wants to, and if she's repeating things the victim told her before the NDA was signed, there's no legal violations.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    But her friend can say whatever the hell she wants to, and if she's repeating things the victim told her before the NDA was signed, there's no legal violations.
    This. The only thing that might be sketchy is the documents. But even then, the woman could have shown her friend the NDA before it was signed, or could have shown prior court documents prior to the NDA even existing.

The corporate structure of Tesla gives Elon an insane amount of power not to mention boards are basically the CEOs buddies so they rarely if ever kick them out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This. The only thing that might be sketchy is the documents. But even then, the woman could have shown her friend the NDA before it was signed, or could have shown prior court documents prior to the NDA even existing.
    Frankly Elon's reaction is what made this worse, he is his own worse enemy. I remember back in the days where Elon's myth started he kept quiet and he got lauded by everyone but then he opened his mouth and didn't stop.

timburrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Of course, this loss is nothing compared to the paper loss on tesla so far this year.

It will be interesting to see the valuation of his other pet projects and how they are impacted
    SpaceX, Musk's rocket company, is valued at $100 billion after a funding round in December 2021. If it follows the same trend as tesla that's another bunch of billions he will lose.

Twitter’s stock falls below where Elon Musk bought it, turning a $1.1 billion profit into a $40 million loss

Easy come, easy go, as shares of Twitter Inc. fell below where Elon Musk bought it, wiping out more than $1.1 billion in gains in four weeks.

The social-media company’s stock TWTR, -5.23% sank 6.0% in afternoon trading Tuesday, toward the lowest close since March 16. It has tumbled 31.1% since it closed at a high of $51.70 on April 25, which was the day Twitter agreed to be acquired by Musk for $54.20 a share.

A 13D filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 5 showed that Musk, who is chief executive of Tesla Inc. TSLA, -6.93% and founder of SpaceX, bought his 73.12 million shares of Twitter, or 9.1% stake, at a weighted average price of $36.157, according to a MarketWatch analysis of the data.

That means at the current stock price, which is 1.5% below the purchase price, Musk would be losing $40.7 million on his investment. That compares with a $1.14 billion gain at the April 25 closing price of $51.70.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    timburrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Of course, this loss is nothing compared to the paper loss on tesla so far this year.

It will be interesting to see the valuation of his other pet projects and how they are impacted
    SpaceX, Musk's rocket company, is valued at $100 billion after a funding round in December 2021. If it follows the same trend as tesla that's another bunch of billions he will lose.

Twitter’s stock falls below where Elon Musk bought it, turning a $1.1 billion profit into a $40 million loss

Easy come, easy go, as shares of Twitter Inc. fell below where Elon Musk bought it, wiping out more than $1.1 billion in gains in four weeks.

The social-media company’s stock TWTR, -5.23% sank 6.0% in afternoon trading Tuesday, toward the lowest close since March 16. It has tumbled 31.1% since it closed at a high of $51.70 on April 25, which was the day Twitter agreed to be acquired by Musk for $54.20 a share.

A 13D filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on April 5 showed that Musk, who is chief executive of Tesla Inc. TSLA, -6.93% and founder of SpaceX, bought his 73.12 million shares of Twitter, or 9.1% stake, at a weighted average price of $36.157, according to a MarketWatch analysis of the data.

That means at the current stock price, which is 1.5% below the purchase price, Musk would be losing $40.7 million on his investment. That compares with a $1.14 billion gain at the April 25 closing price of $51.70.
    We're just not galaxy brained enough to understand the bigger play here, where Musk tanks the value of the company he's buying but also tanks the share value of his own company, too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/twit...otic-deal.html

We're just not smart enough to understand the master plan as Twitter shareholders sue Elon Musk for tanking the stock with what is one of the most comedic attempts at acquiring a company I can think of in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2022/05/26/twit...otic-deal.html

We're just not smart enough to understand the master plan as Twitter shareholders sue Elon Musk for tanking the stock with what is one of the most comedic attempts at acquiring a company I can think of in recent memory.
    i still have 50 bucks @ 20-1 that he doesn't end up buying it.
    day to day it looks better and better of a long shot bet.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    i still have 50 bucks @ 20-1 that he doesn't end up buying it.
    day to day it looks better and better of a long shot bet.
    Do we know what would happen if Elon pulled out of the deal? As it currently stands, he's already done an incredible amount of damage to both Twitter and Tesla's stock prices with this deal and, as @Edge- linked, there are also now legal proceedings going on regarding the damage he's done to Twitter. I can't imagine the actions he's undertaken in the last several months, which have ranged from illegal to simply stupid, can occur without repercussions.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

should really retitle this thread to: Elon Musk ruins his life, trying to buy Twitter to cover the fact Tesla as a company doesn't make money.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Do we know what would happen if Elon pulled out of the deal?
    I believe theres a $1 billion dollar fee if he backs out.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"