Banning trade chat spam and legitimizing boost via Auction House only.

Here is how I would legitimize boost in this game. All trade chat boost is banned forever and all transactions are carried via Auction House only.

1. Only player who meets very specific criteria is allowed for boost ticket to be posted on the Auction House.
    2. Buyer who is in need or interested in any kind of boost looks up available tickets on the Auction House and purchases it if they desire so.
    3. Gold is not received instantly, but after final objective is completed special token is released that after that it can be redeemed for boosters gold.

This is just a fractional framework that can be expanded upon it in many different directions while keeping main idea in check. The main goal is to alleviate spam and scam fatigue as well as make this game look less degenerate by totally legitimizing whilst kicking out that big elephant out of the room.

It's a fair game for both parties.

And all this stops trade chat spam how exactly?

Or: Just ban trade chat boost spam without replacement option. Let outside messagers handle it.

Thing is, there are two possible views on the game:
    - the game is about having fun, and achieving goals with your friends
    - the game is commercial product aimed at making money

Guess which one is blizzard's? Now - from THAT standpoint - try to justify boosting (an activity that fuels inflation thus fuels gold demand thus fuels gold token demand thus fuels revenue) being bad. Now, why would they want for this to happen less, cutting their own revenue?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Here is how I would legitimize boost in this game. All trade chat boost is banned forever and all transactions are carried via Auction House only.

1. Only player who meets very specific criteria is allowed for boost ticket to be posted on the Auction House.
    2. Buyer who is in need or interested in any kind of boost looks up available tickets on the Auction House and purchases it if they desire so.
    3. Gold is not received instantly, but after final objective is completed special token is released that after that it can be redeemed for boosters gold.

This is just a fractional framework that can be expanded upon it in many different directions while keeping main idea in check. The main goal is to alleviate spam and scam fatigue as well as make this game look less degenerate by totally legitimizing whilst kicking out that big elephant out of the room.

It's a fair game for both parties.
    Eh, naw, I'm good. I don't mind if people use trade for what trade is for, as long as they aren't douchebags and spam it, or break the boosting rules by posting on a non-participating character, or cross-server with a non-participating character. The main problem with boosting is people spamming, using the LFG system for it, using non-participating characters for advertisement, and scamming people.

Your idea is good but sounds like too many steps for Blizzard to want to make it, they've sadly shown they want it simple.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Or: Just ban trade chat boost spam without replacement option. Let outside messagers handle it.
    Already a bannable offense.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Already a bannable offense.
    Modern technologies allow automatic identification of such spam activities. Why then they aren't banned immediately?

Boosting is fine in trade chat. That is the intended purpose of trade chat.

hmm. so what you are saying is, instead of actually taking the time to perform a boost, you buy a "boost token" off the AH. redeem the token and get credit for a run?

example:

1. I buy a heroic sepulcher boost token off the AH.
    2. I click on it to redeem it.
    3. I get credit for a full clear of heroic sepulcher, any achievements therein, and a bag that contains some random loot from heroic sepulcher in it, my great vault also is updated.

I suppose maybe that would work as long as loot drops are slightly decreased when using this method.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

I have a better idea. Ban boosting period. Boosters and people buying boosts.

Imagine having to actually play the game to level up and earn your rewards. Holy shit we can only dream of such a thing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    Modern technologies allow automatic identification of such spam activities. Why then they aren't banned immediately?
    Because there is a zone between it being considered spam, and it being considered frequent posting, I guess. For there is no automatic spam removal in WoW I believe, just the automated message block.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post

Imagine having to actually play the game to level up and earn your rewards. Holy shit we can only dream of such a thing!
    Uhm.. Who is going to be the judge of the game once you have to decide that it is a bannable offense to help people by boosting them?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    hmm. so what you are saying is, instead of actually taking the time to perform a boost, you buy a "boost token" off the AH. redeem the token and get credit for a run?

example:

1. I buy a heroic sepulcher boost token off the AH.
    2. I click on it to redeem it.
    3. I get credit for a full clear of heroic sepulcher, any achievements therein, and a bag that contains some random loot from heroic sepulcher in it, my great vault also is updated.

I suppose maybe that would work as long as loot drops are slightly decreased when using this method.
    I think the OP was trying to say something like

1.: Buy token sold by a player for X raid.
    2.: Participate in X raid to get the 'completed whole raid' mark.
    3.: Token can now be clicked, releasing money for the booster.

(?)

Problems with this is, a, booster can hold customer's money for X amount of time (depending on the token being able to expire). Customer can just not use the token once completed, thus gold is locked away still until item expires and gold goes back.

So, I would guess a token with a timer would have to be sold, gold locked in the sale, cannot be returned unless expired or completed a full raid run of X raid, once completed X raid, the token automatically redeems itself, releasing the gold for the seller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Boosting is fine in trade chat. That is the intended purpose of trade chat.
    Indeed. Sales is intended in trade, not spam, which is the only problem there - that, and political discussions, haha.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

It's funny how seriously people take boosting and such.

Do you view buying BoE gear the same way? Why or why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post

Imagine giving so much of a shit about what other people do with their virtual currency that you want to make the game worse for everybody so you can pretend that boosting won't happen anyway. (It just won't be called boosting.)