Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    Why would you need anyone to be negative for the sake of being negative though?

If he enjoys what he enjoys more power to him.

Imo there's already too much negativity and cynicism in a medium that should be about having fun.

No need to get caught up in toxic circle-jerks or trying to drag others into it.
    Really? It is actually pretty common to have the pros and cons, positives and negatives and so on of something you are for or against. I love WoW but I am critical of aspects of the game and things they have gotten wrong. I am negative of SC but they have done some things well and other things they are lacking.

If someone is 100% positive for something that is a red flag. If someone is 100% negative of something that is ALSO a red flag. You think it is normal to support something and be 100% okay with every single thing about it?

It is like if I have a favorite place to eat and I get good service most of the time and the food is great, you think I am going to ignore the times I get shit service, or a wrong order, or a super late order and so on? No. That colors my impression of the thing. It is a negative in what is usually a great thing. But it is fine, if someone cannot be critical of something they are supporting it means they are more like fanatical about it, paid to be that way or trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    I have barely put anything in the game, i have plenty of org members who are able to spent however much they want.

My argument stands easily, a tool that is designed for a specific game and can do far more than just UI elements is far superior, we have already seen both tools in action and the star citizen tool has been proven superior.
    Nope. Wrong.

Haven't provided proof.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Nope. Wrong.

Haven't provided proof.
    It is you who is wrong, the proof is in the games that are available using the tools, a tool that is also made for a specific game is always going to be a better tool than a general tool made by a company, also the tool in question doesnt just do the UI, it handles a hell of alot more so its obvious the building blocks tool is superior, you are always going to be wrong on this matter.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

it handles a hell of alot more so its obvious the building blocks tool is superior
    You have no proof for this claim. I mean, you can say you believe this, but making it a statement of fact is incorrect.

a tool that is also made for a specific game is always going to be a better tool than a general tool made by a company
    Unless the tool that is made is made poorly and fails to do what is needed. You know, things that set games back on development time.

It is you who is wrong, the proof is in the games that are available using the tools, a tool that is also made for a specific game is always going to be a better tool than a general tool made by a company, also the tool in question doesnt just do the UI, it handles a hell of alot more so its obvious the building blocks tool is superior, you are always going to be wrong on this matter.
    Nope, no proof. You're still wrong about the UI. Not linking anything about the specific UI toolset or anything, therefore your feelings mean jack shit.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    You have no proof for this claim. I mean, you can say you believe this, but making it a statement of fact is incorrect.
    A tool that can do mutliple things over a tool that does one thing, a tool that does multiple things is always superior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Nope, no proof. You're still wrong about the UI. Not linking anything about the specific UI toolset or anything, therefore your feelings mean jack shit.
    You are unable to prove im wrong so you will forever be incorrect, the tools abilitie sspeak for themselves, a tool that only does the UI is never going to beat a tool that does that and many other things combined.

A tool that can do mutliple things over a tool that does one thing, a tool that does multiple things is always superior.
    In theory, yes. In practice, this remains untrue.

You can believe this, but it's not a statement of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    In theory, yes. In practice, this remains untrue.

You can believe this, but it's not a statement of fact.
    They have shown what the tool does and how quickly its used to make a usuable UI without the need to even patch it in the game, its not about any belief its about seeing the tool in action.

No all you have is an opinion, what we can already see proves that the coherant labs tools is inferior not superior, the tool star citizen has developed is superior in every way and does more than just UI, that alone makes it superior.

The tool you like is not good enough plain and simple otherwise CiG would of used it.
    You have no idea what are you talking about because you have zero programming knowledge. Saying coherent labs is inferior to anything is being delusional to the max. Its literally HTML&CSS based on chromium renderer. Its superior, to anything and everything.

Also proper name is toolkit not tool. If their toolkit was just a "tool" it would be unusable shit.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

I got a question, to MrAnderson and Kenn, but everyone can answer of course:

- What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC? To change it 180 degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC?
    Squadron 42 releases. A polished, high quality singleplayer campaign at least 10 hours long. It needs to feel like a game. Giving us a playstation movie game that is 80% cutscenes is a no-no. Replayability with different routes would be nice but is not required.

For the MMO, there are too many different issues with it that need to be addressed, but the absolute most important one are the servers. You need to be able to have hundreds of players in a single area, multiple star systems, and all of the ships and features that were promised need to be functional. This is unlikely to happen for reasons that have been hashed out here a thousand times.

- What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC? To change it 180 degree.
    It would need to actually live up to the hype and do exactly what Chris Roberts and CIG say it can and will do for it to turn completely around.

For now though, server meshing getting implemented and the game being able to handle more than 50 people at a time.

I don't think there's anything that can change my mind about this clusterfuck, and nothing that will be "released" in the context of this mess will ever be worthy of being called a "game". But at least it has realistic bedsheets.

Really want to see what happens when funds dry up a few years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Really want to see what happens when funds dry up a few years from now.
    At this point, I don't think the funding will completely dry up. CIG might downsize but I doubt it will close. We live in a consumeristic society where people have built their lives to revolve around entertainment. You constantly hear about people going tens of thousands of dollars into debt spending on gacha games, getting divorced, etc. With so many people throwing away their life's savings on stat sticks and waifu jpegs, there are probably more than a few nerds willing to do the same but for spaceship jpegs. Even as Chris Roberts' name fades and older gamers have grown disenchanted with him, a new generation of gamers have grown up having only known the "games as a service" model, and have been conditioned to think that whaling is normal. CIG only needs enough of them to buy in to keep the business afloat.

Oh that's an easy one. If a better game comes along I'll play it and focus on it instead of Star Citizen.

I follow the fun, it's why I play video-games.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    At this point, I don't think the funding will completely dry up. CIG might downsize but I doubt it will close. We live in a consumeristic society where people have built their lives to revolve around entertainment. You constantly hear about people going tens of thousands of dollars into debt spending on gacha games, getting divorced, etc. With so many people throwing away their life's savings on stat sticks and waifu jpegs, there are probably more than a few nerds willing to do the same but for spaceship jpegs. Even as Chris Roberts' name fades and older gamers have grown disenchanted with him, a new generation of gamers have grown up having only known the "games as a service" model, and have been conditioned to think that whaling is normal. CIG only needs enough of them to buy in to keep the business afloat.
    Most people will leave when they only have 10M per year instead of 100M and finally realize they will never deliver on their promises. Some people just need a decade longer for that realization.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    "Star Citizen can do no wrong, my opinion on it will not change, nothing will change unless a better game eventually comes along" is how this reads to me.
    I'll give him credit. It was good dodge.

My stance is SC is just a vaporware grift perpetuated by one of the industry's biggest liars and grifters. For my mind to be changed, S42 and the full feature complete version of SC need to be released and playable within the next year.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    You have no idea what are you talking about because you have zero programming knowledge. Saying coherent labs is inferior to anything is being delusional to the max. Its literally HTML&CSS based on chromium renderer. Its superior, to anything and everything.

Also proper name is toolkit not tool. If their toolkit was just a "tool" it would be unusable shit.
    It is you who clearly doesnt understand a thing, star citizens tool wins every single day compared to your subpar tool from coherant labs, you will never win an argument since you dont even understand how building blocks tool actually works and never will since you dont work for CiG.

Building blocks is clearly better as its not just a UI tool, its a game development tool.