461 80.88%
  • Exit game

109 19.12%
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    1+ Year Old Account
    Accept. I'm not a 14 yo edgelord.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    To use dictionary definition and ignore societal context is kind of naïve, or disingenuous. So I'm just gonna answer that it's used for people, and often in quotation marks, who try to find something to stand up against it for the sake of standing up against. Often trying to find problems where none exists and it's because others aren't as aware as you.
    It's often used sarcastically. It's like if I were to say "you're such a 'good' person" in a heavily sarcastic tone and then meet that with "being good is good". You should know what they mean.

But yeah, people are using the term woke as good thing as well. So it heavily depends on context and tone... just like millions of other words.
    and the we get the most comon usage by people who just like to be edgy and just go around misusing it which is just plain old ignorant.

Sarcasm is another thing entirely. Its abused and misused my most people.

And on topic: why wouldn't you accept, not like there is any choice and it's not like what it says in unreasonable to normal people.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    and the we get the most comon usage by people who just like to be edgy and just go around misusing it which is just plain old ignorant.
    Sure, but you should know by context which it is. Fairly easy and dictionary definition doesn't help...
    We as a collective are technically using the term "race" wrongly. If I remember years back when scientist tried to push the idea race doesn't exist. So we can argue what race actually means and act confused when people aren't using it as such, and we can say it's ignorant to misuse it. People will still use it "wrongly" and people will still know what you refer to.

Feminist is also a perfect example of a word that has a dictionary definition but we all know that depending on who say it it means different things, and hell... even people on the same side of it uses it in various scales of extremes. So depending on WHO calls me a feminist or a non-feminist it will mean different things to me depending on the context.

Context is more important that a dictionary tbh. In fact, even acknowledging they are "misusing" terms shows that you know they use it in another context and knows what they mean in said context, otherwise you couldn't say they are ignorant.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post

Oh well. BYE FELICIA!
    I hope there's more where that guy was coming from. I wish they had done this contract thing years ago.

How is this thread still ongoing? What the fuck is happening here?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I hope there's more where that guy was coming from. I wish they had done this contract thing years ago.
    If only disagreeing with this contract would fully remove them, but it won't. They'll just use a dash of edginess and accept the terms without following them, and then continue to complain in the future when rules have been enforced.
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    How is this thread still ongoing? What the fuck is happening here?
    Of course. First, it went okay, then some attempt at legal edginess followed with a weird spout of ignorance where a moderator had to tell us to shush, then quickly up with some edgy revolt for the freedom of being a douche.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    woooooooooooow maybe censor those mate, i get your point but come on now, you can get your point across with censored versions of those.
    now, technicaly i agree, but no words in themself are issue, its the CONTEXT in which they are offensive, in my context i think the point is strenghtened by the use of the words rather than offending anyone, as it wasnt aimed at anyone
    also, why would you censor queer and not f*cking? surely, word queer is not an issue since its literaly part of one of LGBT "slogans" or what to call it - "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    now, technicaly i agree, but no words in themself are issue, its the CONTEXT in which they are offensive, in my context i think the point is strenghtened by the use of the words rather than offending anyone, as it wasnt aimed at anyone
    also, why would you censor queer and not f*cking? surely, word queer is not an issue since its literaly part of one of LGBT "slogans" or what to call it - "We're here. We're queer. Get used to it"
    There lies the problem...the context. Everyone knows this game is full of young smartass pre pubescent idiots who think to be vile is a great thing to do. If they think they can get a rise out of someone by calling them a disrespectful name they will...over and over and over and laugh gleefully while doing it. They have no idea what that person being targeted has gone through that day/week/month...they don't think that maybe, just maybe that one last slur will push someone over the edge...and it has happened, way too many times. People just need to think before they open their mouths....I don't care what age you are, your sexual orientation, your race, religion..where you're from.....you respect me and I'll respect you, simple. More people need to take that stance.

What if I want to play a game - a non-sexually oriented game, mind it, and definitely not a deviant-oriented game - without ever seeing those "LGBT slogans"?

Quote Originally Posted by Krewshi View Post
    I'm just curious.
    i dont play non-private servers anymore, but this is the one good thing blizzard has done in a while. i just hope they actually enforce it and start banning harassers and bigots.

Accept it but not follow it anyways because I know Blizzard won't do shit to enforce it, they don't have the GMs available to actually ban people they keep firing them.

This thread in a nutshell

>How dare Blizzard implement such draconian policy's I should be able to call bads a f******** s****** as much as I want

>I will use this as a platform to scream about woke political correctness cause that's my personality

> Guys you know it's just simplifying the TOS right for folks who can't be bothered to read it

>Something Something EU law I will sue blizzard to give me a full refund

>Lol it's cause they did bad things Blizzard bad

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm gonna press accept because I don't take anything from them seriously anymore and haven't for a while.

can you imagine the amount of threads "why did i get baned i did nothing but call few peoples fucking niggers and queers" we will get week after the contract comes to live realms?
    I could be out of the loop with the lingo these days,but unless im mistaken ''queer'' is no longer considered a negative term

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Sure, but you should know by context which it is. Fairly easy and dictionary definition doesn't help...
    We as a collective are technically using the term "race" wrongly. If I remember years back when scientist tried to push the idea race doesn't exist. So we can argue what race actually means and act confused when people aren't using it as such, and we can say it's ignorant to misuse it. People will still use it "wrongly" and people will still know what you refer to.

Feminist is also a perfect example of a word that has a dictionary definition but we all know that depending on who say it it means different things, and hell... even people on the same side of it uses it in various scales of extremes. So depending on WHO calls me a feminist or a non-feminist it will mean different things to me depending on the context.

Context is more important that a dictionary tbh. In fact, even acknowledging they are "misusing" terms shows that you know they use it in another context and knows what they mean in said context, otherwise you couldn't say they are ignorant.
    Idiots, imbeciles, and morons used to be legitimate medical terms used to denote people in certain IQ ranges. Then the masses got ahold of them and they lost their original meaning to the point the medical community gave up the terms.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    I could be out of the loop with the lingo these days,but unless im mistaken ''queer'' is no longer considered a negative term
    It depends on context

Describing yourself: ok
    In a factual statement of the subject: generally fine
    As an insult: not ok

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    There lies the problem...the context. Everyone knows this game is full of young smartass pre pubescent idiots who think to be vile is a great thing to do. If they think they can get a rise out of someone by calling them a disrespectful name they will...over and over and over and laugh gleefully while doing it. They have no idea what that person being targeted has gone through that day/week/month...they don't think that maybe, just maybe that one last slur will push someone over the edge...and it has happened, way too many times. People just need to think before they open their mouths....I don't care what age you are, your sexual orientation, your race, religion..where you're from.....you respect me and I'll respect you, simple. More people need to take that stance.
    agreed
    i once read interesting "rule of thumb" for forums - "if you talk online with someone you dont know you should not tell them anything you wouldnt be comfortable telling your own mother" its a bit too strict and definitely not foolproof but not a bad attitude to have

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    And you stay for the community? Go outside man. Enjoy your health man! Don't wast time with us basement lords.

Also to the moderator from before- I didn't see the warning sorry. I honestly do not even know what this topic us but I teach math. Drinking and interpreting data is what I enjoy doing after work.
    I mean I used to enjoy the community, but with server identity stripped completely it just doesnt appeal to me anymore.

But yeah, summer is here and its time to get out, so less time. D2R been keeping me occupied on rainy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Lmao ok. Bye kid.
    Clearly the whole nature of this is completely lost on you.

Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    Accept it but not follow it anyways because I know Blizzard won't do shit to enforce it, they don't have the GMs available to actually ban people they keep firing them.
    This pretty much, this "social contract" has been pretty much in the ToS for years now everyone also accepted.

But guess what? It doesn't matter if their enforcement is trash as we've also seen for years.