Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudi View Post
    We're talking about a cosmetic item here - something that is by definition does not alter your gameplay in any way. Zero reason to be upset that it's unobtainable.
    By that logic, why would anyone ever work to get them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do realize. This still doesn't change the fact about those items bringing no value to the game: they don't make your character stronger, they don't allow you to defeat bosses faster and so on. Hell, aside from a few specialized mounts (waterwalking, 2nd seat flying, no-dismount-for-gathering and a couple others) all those 100s of mounts are exactly the same, essentially resources wasted on creating cosmetic, content as opposed to creating actual game content (more dungeons, raids, mechanics, better story). Does it really matters having 15 more slightly differently tinted dragons? Yeah right.
    You're equating "value" with "character power", and those aren't the same thing. At least not to everyone. Different people value different things. You apparently don't care about cosmetics-- which is fine, mind you. You do you-- but other people do. Some people like customizing how their characters look. And adding more ways and/or more options to customize your character brings a lot of value to the game for them.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    WoW has too much FOMO shit as is.
    This. Just let me get tier sets like right now in 9.2 and frankly I don't see why PvP needs a special fomo set even. It's just a bunch of cool recolors wasted on 0.01% of the playerbase.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I've always wondered why they don't make one armor set/color per tier, and each difficulty adds something to the armor, like extra doodads and effects.

LFR, basic set. Normal, slightly upgraded. Heroic, more bells and whistles. Mythic, maxed out, all the bells and whistles. Could do the same with M+, based on key level achieves; All +5, basic set, all +10, upgraded set, all +15, fancy, all +20, maxed out grandiose set.
    MOGS > LOGS

Whats FOMO about cosmetics? They totally should do it.

If people complains about to being able to get everything, they should reconsider their goals in the game.

You don't need these, if you want them.you commit to the effort otherwise you ignore them.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Whats FOMO about cosmetics? They totally should do it.

If people complains about to being able to get everything, they should reconsider their goals in the game.

You don't need these, if you want them.you commit to the effort otherwise you ignore them.
    Ok, if FOMO items are so trivial that nobody should worry about getting them or not, why should they exist anyway, because that by definition defeats their entire purpose of being desired items?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    You're equating "value" with "character power", and those aren't the same thing. At least not to everyone. Different people value different things. You apparently don't care about cosmetics-- which is fine, mind you. You do you-- but other people do. Some people like customizing how their characters look. And adding more ways and/or more options to customize your character brings a lot of value to the game for them.
    Fine. But if this group that cares about cosmetics and doesn’t care about character power exists - then where’s logic in locking a purely cosmetic stuff behind something that requires demonstration of character power?

Release an extended version of barber shop, add color reagents and other customization options to the game’s crafting system and have those people sit in the customization UI several hours a day while others raid; problem solved.

id remove m+ from the game haha adding its own mog is a waste of time. its obvious by now m+ is not bringing in players and just adds hypertoxicity. maybe a small handful like it but its trash.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    id remove m+ from the game haha adding its own mog is a waste of time. its obvious by now m+ is not bringing in players and just adds hypertoxicity. maybe a small handful like it but its trash.
    Isn't Mythic+15 the most played game mode compared to Mythic Raiding and rated PvP?

#TEAMGIRAFFE

No level 20 giving portals is enough. So level 23 should give an outfit and level 25 a weapon skin. I don't know what is the rating requirement for the tittle but the rewards must be progressive.
    level 15 is mount
    level 20 is portals
    level 23 outfit
    level 25 weapon skin
    Last is tittle

In my opinion that is the order. Because the majority are pushing only to level 15. The rest are to 20 for the portals and only some are pushing to level 23 and the 0.01% are going for the tittle. So give the rewards at the brackets where the people push and that is 15/20/23 -> 24 and higher is for the hard core.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Isn't Mythic+15 the most played game mode compared to Mythic Raiding and rated PvP?
    Yes it is. Kokolums doesn't know what exodus from WoW will become if M+ is removed
    It begins with absence and desire.It begins with blood and fear.It begins with....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    No level 20 giving portals is enough. So level 23 should give an outfit and level 25 a weapon skin. I don't know what is the rating requirement for the tittle but the rewards must be progressive.
    level 15 is mount
    level 20 is portals
    level 23 outfit
    level 25 weapon skin
    Last is tittle

In my opinion that is the order. Because the majority are pushing only to level 15. The rest are to 20 for the portals and only some are pushing to level 23 and the 0.01% are going for the tittle. So give the rewards at the brackets where the people push and that is 15/20/23 -> 24 and higher is for the hard core.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. Kokolums doesn't know what exodus from WoW will become if M+ is removed
    Again, I don't think giving rewards for anything higher than 20 is a good idea. People who wanna push for their rankings are already doing it, especially if they want the title. We don't need another layer to climb. Moving the title to 5's and giving out sets for 10 would be good, it will make more people wanna push m+ and you can get them quite easy on every class during a season.

Tldr: More rewards for everyone, not another 0,1% reward!

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    STOP ADDING COSMETICS FOR HIGH END CONTENT!

Cosmetics should be for collectors and completionists, not for the hardcore players. This is a VERY bad idea!

Seriously this. You need a dedicated group to do all 20s as it is. Depending on your luck, even 15s can be a bit dicey to get done before the next season without one.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    Yea... but Wow really lacks in unique stuff and what makes certain people unique. Its really cool to see what people earned in the past. Yea it sucks, makes you think "I should've done pvp to get those sets back in legion". But thats the point. They did. You didn't. or vice versa. I wish wow had that "Oh shit! look, that person has ___ item that not everyone has! how cool!"
    Go play classic. Your attitude has no place in retail anymore. Since Transmog was introduced but for sure since MoP, where everyone got legendaries, WoW has removed those status symbols from the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fine. But if this group that cares about cosmetics and doesn’t care about character power exists - then where’s logic in locking a purely cosmetic stuff behind something that requires demonstration of character power?
    Once again you're engaging in a fallacy, and it seems you're trying to demonize those that like cosmetics by falsely accusing them of "not caring about character power". This isn't a dichotomy. You can care about both, and people do care about both, only at varying levels. This is a completely nonsensical assumption you're making here.

But let's assume for a moment what you wrote is true, for the sake of argument: even if those people didn't care one iota for character power, they would still pursue it as a means to an end, to reach their goal which is unlocking the cosmetic they want. They might not be getting Cutting Edge, or even Ahead of the Curve achievements, but they would still be participating in character power progression because they're incentivized by the rewards of more cosmetics.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

that is the wrong way to measure how good a game mode is.

wow needs game modes that brings new players in. wow's playerbase continues to shrink. capturing a larger and larger share of the current shrinking playerbase does no good at all. its essentially putting a plane into a death spiral. M+ has proven to be a total bust as it clearly has not drawn in new players and at this point, can be construed as aiding the decline. it needs to be ripped from the game.

to me, m+ is absolutely vomit-inducing. that and arena are absolutely horrible. remove both.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Yes, designing a whole set for 0,1% of people is a good idea.

Honestly, come down from your elitist gatekeeping trip.
    Doing 20s is already what less than 0.1% of wow players do (especially considering that a rather small amount of wow's playerbase even does mythics keys).

But yeah I think top end players already get way too much already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yooginava182 View Post
    "Oh shit! look, that person has ___ item that not everyone has! how cool!"
    No one ever says that.

Yes, designing a whole set for 0,1% of people is a good idea.

Honestly, come down from your elitist gatekeeping trip.
    You should stop playing a victim every time a person might get something that you can't.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing to do with bad players, lol.

You could have items that are unobtainable for "bad players" yet not be FOMO. Even easily acquired things can be FOMO. Don't conflate the two.
    Doesn't matter how hard it is to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Current season (assuming we will have 8 dungeon seasons after SL):

Rating 200: Set piece 1/9
    Rating 400: Set piece 2/9
    Rating 1800: Set piece 9/9
    Rating 2000: Achiev/mount
    M+20: Dungeon portal
    M+20 or higher after you get portal: filling % bar for item to buy mount/transmog piece from older seasons (yep, vicious saddle mechanic).

Game doesn't need to encourage guys who play M+20. They need to repopulate M+2 to M+15.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    that is the wrong way to measure how good a game mode is.

wow needs game modes that brings new players in. wow's playerbase continues to shrink. capturing a larger and larger share of the current shrinking playerbase does no good at all. its essentially putting a plane into a death spiral. M+ has proven to be a total bust as it clearly has not drawn in new players and at this point, can be construed as aiding the decline. it needs to be ripped from the game.

to me, m+ is absolutely vomit-inducing. that and arena are absolutely horrible. remove both.
    Honestly, it's weird to see how you try to constantly dismiss the success of M+.

You have literally nothing to back up your point ever, besides trying to reach for straws that even Mr. Fantastic couldn't reach.