Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will we still be forced to do ranked PvP in DF to be competitive in unraked PvP ?

Like it's already the case in SL where you need to do ranked to upgrade your conquest gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Like it's already the case in SL where you need to do ranked to upgrade your conquest gear.
    Probably yeah, i know it's bull.
    Honestly they should not just add soloqueue for arena, but simply plop it onto battlegrounds as well.
    No need for weird metrics either, just a win or a loss is all that matters.

Of course "normal" bgs should still be available too to those that do not feel like soiling their rank or only being matched against the cream of the crop.

At worst they could make it like the mythic+ rating that you can't really lose (which is weird, frankly, because it's pve; you already cannot lose by default, in pvp one cannot win without another losing).
    Last edited by loras; 2022-05-20 at 03:05 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Probably yeah, i know it's bull.
    Honestly they should not just add soloqueue for arena, but simply plop it onto battlegrounds as well.
    No need for weird metrics either, just a win or a loss is all that matters.

Of course "normal" bgs should still be available too to those that do not feel like soiling their rank or only being matched against the cream of the crop.

At worst they could make it like the mythic+ rating that you can't really lose (which is weird, frankly, because it's pve; you already cannot lose by default, in pvp one cannot win without another losing).
    And me thinking that PvP will be skill based and not gear in DF, I guess I miss understood all those interviews :/

And me thinking that PvP will be skill based and not gear in DF, I guess I miss understood all those interviews :/
    We tried that in legion and it was disliked. Wow is still an mmo after all and gear should matter. To what degree is what should be discussed.

Of course not, you don't have to do ranked PvP right now to do unranked PvP.

I don't really know what you mean by "competing" in unranked PvP. Unranked PvP is, by definition, not competitive. That's why it isn't ranked. You just go in, click buttons, and get your honor.

As far as gear though, it does sound like the difference between honor gear and conquest gear will be much smaller in Dragonflight. Probably the difference between heroic and mythic, so 13 ilvls, which is basically irrelevant.

But again, none of this really matters in unranked PvP. You can literally just join the game, sit in stealth, press 0 buttons, and get the exact same honor as everybody else. It's a pretty sweet trick I use every game.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    We tried that in legion and it was disliked. Wow is still an mmo after all and gear should matter. To what degree is what should be discussed.
    It was disliked in Legion because the implementation was arguably the worst possible way one could've implemented that system.

There was no customization for the temples, meaning your stats were wholly dependent on whatever Blizz felt like at the moment. For some classes it was fine, but for very stat dependent specs, like shadow priest, it was a horrendous experience because shadow virtually only cared about haste, crit and mastery was of little value, and on the templates haste had the lowest %.

How high the value of your template was was also directly correlated with how high your ilvl was, which meant gear wasn't meaningless but actually had huge value it just didn't matter what gear it was as long as it had a big ilvl. And you couldn't actually get gear (reliably) in pvp in any way on top of that.

And plethora of other issues, like that weird scaling they had, made the implementation suck in Legion. The concept itself is great if they didn't make it scale to ilvl (or at least not drastically) and if you could customize your template in some way. Trinkets and legenderies and whatnot not working in rated pvp was a good addition too.

Well, it's not out yet. I don't know how their finalised systems will look.

Competitive in Unranked pvp is the most sureal sentence i've read in a while.

One day, you trogolodytes will realize that the PvP bae in WoW has literally never, ever even once, wanted this.

Every single time they have tried to make PvP into this supposed gearless nirvana, PvP participation has absolutely -cratered-. Every. Single. Time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    Competitive in Unranked pvp is the most sureal sentence i've read in a while.
    Must be that peanut brain.

He just wants to be able to do a casual BG without being instagibbed by a tryhard. Its not a tough concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post

He just wants to be able to do a casual BG without being instagibbed by a tryhard. Its not a tough concept.
    Exactly this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry guys, Blizzard is sure to get PvP right eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Don't worry guys, Blizzard is sure to get PvP right eventually.
    We're at the point that Blizzard has tried to get it right (and failed) so many times that they're now just throwing their hands in the air and saying, "fuck it, we'll do WoD's system again."

One day, you trogolodytes will realize that the PvP bae in WoW has literally never, ever even once, wanted this.

Every single time they have tried to make PvP into this supposed gearless nirvana, PvP participation has absolutely -cratered-. Every. Single. Time.

- - - Updated - - -

the contents of the post had nothing to do with the scenario u described though?

5+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know you don't need to upgrade your conquest gear, it will always be at the maximum possible ilvl for PvP, however you can upgrade it for PvE purposes.

What will probably stay in place is the weekly cap for conquest, so gear acquisition is artificially slowed down.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    In an interview with Bajheera, Brian Holinka revealed that PvP gearing in Dragonflight will have a similar system to Warlords of Draenor, with a unique PvP level for all Conquest gear.

In this interview, Holinka explains that this decision has been made after listening to the community feedback. Dragonflight PvP gear will have a PvE and PvP item level. In PvP, all conquest gear will be the same item level, equivalent to Mythic raid.

Outside of PvP, the gear will have a similar system to Shadowlands', starting with a base item level, upgradable with Honor, and unlocked with rating. These upgrades will have no effect for PvP, only for the PvE item level of the items.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2022-05-29 at 12:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They should just get rid of the whole upgrading of gear to begin with, it's fucking stupid and pointless.

ONE set of honor gear and ONE set of conquest gear is all we need, no upgrading and no rating requirements for gear either.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

BuT iF yOu HaVe SkIlL yOu wIlL GeT rAtINg aNd So yOu CaN uPgRaDe yOuR gEaR

I asked holinka if they lower or remove the rating requierments, but he didnt answered. Back in mop/WoD he answered many questions

They should remove the Ratimg requierments and give us a levelsystem. You need X honorable kills and X honor to upgrade on level Y. Rated pvp gives more/bonus honor/kills and so everyone can upgrade their gear. There just need to he a catchup for alts/players who starting late into a season.

Or even better: just renove the upgrades and give me back legion or maybe wod pvp gearing.

Its really frustrating. I want to play more BGs but its wasted time, cause u dont get much conquest and arent able to upgrade the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    BuT iF yOu HaVe SkIlL yOu wIlL GeT rAtINg aNd So yOu CaN uPgRaDe yOuR gEaR

I asked holinka if they lower or remove the rating requierments, but he didnt answered. Back in mop/WoD he answered many questions

They should remove the Ratimg requierments and give us a levelsystem. You need X honorable kills and X honor to upgrade on level Y. Rated pvp gives more/bonus honor/kills and so everyone can upgrade their gear. There just need to he a catchup for alts/players who starting late into a season.

Or even better: just renove the upgrades and give me back legion or maybe wod pvp gearing.

Its really frustrating. I want to play more BGs but its wasted time, cause u dont get much conquest and arent able to upgrade the gear.
    This, especially on alts.
    Want to upgrade gear? Gotta go through the tiring nonsensical grouping treadmill.

Honestly i'm happy they at least managed to make m+ work for those of us who have no intention of long term partnerships or taste for a "flavor of the month" aproach to ranked pvp

Exactly this.
    Maybe you shouldn't play a somewhat gearbased mmorpg then I'm just really happy that it isn't ALOT WORSE like how it was in BFA you'd literally be weak for months b4 you could even survive more than 2 seconds, atleast now in SL you can fully gear and be competitive in less than a week of gaming casually on max lvl.

Tbh most people have extreme emotional anxienty when it comes to rated pvp, it's like they think they're super good and they'll "break the game" with their amazing past 2k xp but they'll be hardstuck below 1550 rating and blame their teammates for all their own issues and then give up after losing 12 games and winning 8 or whatever "low stats" they deem unworthy of their time, but it's like you just started? you didn't even keep going xD

It's easy to gear in rated pvp just don't give up and don't blame your teammate you most likely isn't as great as you think.

And if you only wanna do "casual pvp" you'll still be "competitive" with full honor gear and you'll be able to blast people in random bgs no doubt, but that's another skill issue you might be delusional about what do I know.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-05-29 at 02:04 PM.

- - - Updated - - -

This isn’t even true, what do you mean? Can you give me an example of pvp plummeting when we tried this becasue it was really only tried in wod and that’s it

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    You made a fantastic point there. I got my 2.4K grand marshal achievement back in vanilla ...
    Vanilla didn't have a rating requirement for Grand Marshal. It's a separate (legacy) achievement now.