Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Doctor Strange and the MoM 6/10

There's alot of really exceptional imagery layed on top of a very small plot.

I liked Zombie Strange. I didn't like Vision and Tilda Swinton being entirely absent.
    I went to watch it this afternoon with my nephews and ended up falling asleep. I have no idea what the movie was about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Everything Everywhere All At Once - 10/10, tbh. Its part Matrix, part Jet Li's The One and just part "weird shit going on and I'm along for the ride." It had butt plug awards, dildos as weapons, mystical bagels, and a lot of decent fighting. What isn't to love?
    The crazy part is that Michelle Yeoh is 59 and still did all the stunts and fighting herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    I went to watch it this afternoon with my nephews and ended up falling asleep. I have no idea what the movie was about.
    Good girl turns bad. Bad girl need MacGuffin to do more bad. Good guy tries to prevent the MacGuffin from falling into Bad Girl's hands. Good Guy wins.

Its pretty straight forward. Lots of bitchin' visuals happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Antlers: 6/10 There were things I liked, but it felt like something was missing, and I wish I could articulate what it was. Movie looked great. Story was interesting. Performances were decent. Jeremy T. Thomas does a good creepy damaged kid. The more the movie gave me, the more I wanted, but it just wasn't enough. Oh... kind of like a wendigo!

Would have maybe worked better as an episode in a horror anthology?

Operation Mincemeat: 5/10 I'm not sure how, but movie managed to take a crazy bonkers true story and not make it crazy bonkers. These fuckers took a corpse, fabricated a backstory, and used it to trick the Nazis. That's awesome. There was black comedy gold to be mined, and the movie sharts itself with a pointless B plot.

The Northman: 8/10 Ooh, Viking Hamlet the Barbarian? I can dig it.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post

The crazy part is that Michelle Yeoh is 59 and still did all the stunts and fighting herself.
    Get the fuck out. 59? She looks like she's 45-50 max.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers 4/10
    As shown in the trailer, it is about Chip and Dale and their TV show, how it got started, how it ended, and what they have been doing since then.
    The writing is rather lazy and uninspired, the story bland and the twists can be seen coming from a mile away.
    The jokes rely heavily on memes and internet humour, and at least half of the jokes do not register with kids.
    For older people, like me, who grew up with the cartoon it feels lackluster. At times it is just plain mean to the characters we grew up with and loved.
    One character and the joke about him in particular is outright sick. Peter Pan grew up, got acne, and fired. No more roles for him, just like his original model and VA Bobby Driscoll

I do not get for whom this movie was made. It's not suited for kids, teenagers have no nostalgia connection, and the older folks with the nostalgia will not like how the characters are treated.
    Cursed film that I had to endure watching with my nephew.

Gadget bore 42 maggots with Zipper, a fly... that was just gross.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    The most striking thing to me is how much her face has changed throughout the years. Below is a picture of her from late 80s. Like two different persons. In the old one, for lack of better words, she still has baby fat on her cheeks. Now her cheekbones are much more prominent.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    The power of exercise!

No joke - my mother is 73 and has the body (and health) of a 50 year old (even her doctors have commented on it). Consistent, lifelong, exercise.

And not even Michelle Yeoh "movie ready stunt fighter" exercise level, as hers is most probably a more intense regime than my mother's - but even just daily walking/cardio does it (as that's most of what my mother's done since her 20s).

No one 'likes' to hear it but we already have the 'fountain of youth' and its exercise!
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    No one 'likes' to hear it but we already have the 'fountain of youth' and its exercise!
    And diet.

A lot of people at Yeoh's level of wealth have pretty good and consistent diets. Nutrition matters a lot.

7/10: Sonic 2: Enjoyed it even more than the first, Robotnik was played very well by Carey again and loved they added the other characters and the setup for 3rd film was great. Took son and 5 of his buddies to it for his 8th birthday, we all enjoyed it.

Top Gun: Maverick 8/10

I was considering a lower rating as it had some flaws, but it is full nostalgia; so I recommend seeing it on big movie-screen with good sound.

Seems to tick every box: Music, mission, motorcycles. Rooster as the son of Goose, Hangman-Maverick reminiscent of Iceman-Maverick. And Admiral Iceman dies of cancer. The only new part is the unrelated Mach 10 flight at the start, and Bob as comic relief (but still competent) seems a bit too cheap - and the getaway after the mission completion is a bit too much. The replacement to the beach volleyball scene has more girls, makes more sense, but less homoeroticism.

The Northman- 9/10
    It's great, not much else to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senna: 10/10

The best motorsport documentary ever made, I can't believe I took that long to finally sit down and watch it. Heartfelt and captivating, it encapsulates the best and the worst of motorsport racing by focusing on one of the most legendary and charistmatic motorsport racers of all time.

Top Gun: Maverick 7/10

Terrifically made and well written. Both a throwback and modern way to do a blockbuster without CGI superhero cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senna: 10/10

The best motorsport documentary ever made, I can't believe I took that long to finally sit down and watch it. Heartfelt and captivating, it encapsulates the best and the worst of motorsport racing by focusing on one of the most legendary and charistmatic motorsport racers of all time.
    A fascinating watch. I was glad - and surprised - that they didn't sugarcoat how ruthless he could be. Easily a 10/10 from me as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    A fascinating watch. I was glad - and surprised - that they didn't sugarcoat how ruthless he could be. Easily a 10/10 from me as well.
    Senna took some risks, probably more than other drivers, but both crashes that he supposedly instigated were 100% Prost's fault.

He was an absolute monster on how quickly he could correct his steering, he could brake later and carry more speed on turns without losing control. Until he got that understeering piece of shit Williams that killed him. Technically, I really don't know anyone who could be better than him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Senna took some risks, probably more than other drivers, but both crashes that he supposedly instigated were 100% Prost's fault.

He was an absolute monster on how quickly he could correct his steering, he could brake later and carry more speed on turns without losing control. Until he got that understeering piece of shit Williams that killed him. Technically, I really don't know anyone who could be better than him.
    A monster indeed. Replays of Senna's Monaco laps are still amazing to watch. He gets so close to the inside barriers, it looks like he's phasing through them.

Blade of the Immortal: 6/10 Violence and gore were decent. Story was a bit convoluted. Some characters were introduced way too late for me to care about, before they were unceremoniously killed off. I almost want to read the manga, but... I think I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    A monster indeed. Replays of Senna's Monaco laps are still amazing to watch. He gets so close to the inside barriers, it looks like he's phasing through them.

Blade of the Immortal: 6/10 Violence and gore were decent. Story was a bit convoluted. Some characters were introduced way too late for me to care about, before they were unceremoniously killed off. I almost want to read the manga, but... I think I'm good.
    The manga is a glorious work of art. A 29 volume work of art but still a work of art.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    The manga is a glorious work of art. A 29 volume work of art but still a work of art.
    Well consider my interest piqued. I may have to check it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Top Gun: Maverick
    8/10

Very enjoyable movie that stands faithfully to the original, brought into 2022 without the preachiness of todays quotas. Great characters, simple story,. Tom Cruise in ego mode because of fucking course. But yea it was fun, this is what I would call a cosy movie, nothing ground-breaking but a lot of fun relying on character building upon a proactive storyline. And I tend to be a sucker for movies that involve characters. So far this may make my top 10 of the year. we'll see.

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers
    5/10

If you are looking for a movie featuring the rescue rangers then this may not be the movie for you, but if you like chip n dale and lot of 'member berries and cameo's of the last 20 years then you might like this. I tend to be very caught between giving this a 6/10. Its not bad, its very expected of what Iw as expecting, going into this movie, and i got it in spades. I think the movie wants to be the new Rodger Rabbit, instead it comes off as a better Ready Player One or Space Jam 2. This movie is best if you know what you are getting yourself in for. Its not a Recue Rangers movie, more a satire of it, as well as a satire of the animation industry in general.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-05-29 at 05:28 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Ghostbusters: Afterlife - 7.5 / 10
    More consistent with the humor and pacing of the original Ghostbusters, it is a pretty good tale that ties to the original so well, that it might have gone too far in that regard. Trevor is probably the weakest element but the story is carried by Phoebe, and Paul Rudd is kind of wasted in the role.