7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Btw I know people don't want borrowed power back but what if we could still have max level progression but NO borrowed power.
    Imagine this. Once you reach specific goals at max level you get to unlock a talent point. Throughout the expansion you can earn up to 5 additional talent points this way with the extra points capped at each patch at a specific value.
    When next xpac comes, we get 10 new levels. If you got all 5 talent points during Dragonflight then you will still level but you won't get any new talent points for the first few levels; the cap will be the same. Nothing gained but also nothing lost, your power was not borrowed just available early On a new player or character, they can get what you got just by leveling.
    This would allow for them to add some extra options even during the xpac, make your progression more varied than just gear but would keep you from actually losing power.

As for the issue of talent point bloat (which will happen regardless), the obvious solution is to just add a couple of strong passives with multiple ranks every couple of expacs that soak a lot of points to keep the permutations manageable.
    No, no, no, no, no!!! Keep the game alt-friendly, don't create another borrowed power like system. Sorry but that's a horrible idea. They already stated they want you just to level and gear up and be done with your character. And that's fine.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    1) No one divides miles into yards.
    2) 10 is great until you have to divide into thirds.
    1) That doesn't change that a mile is 1760 yards. Dividing it into feet isn't smarter, either.
    2) It isn't when you have to do thirds, either. Nor do you ever need to ask yourself what it is in the next unit up or down; there aren't any, it's all meters.

Besides, the US system is still based on the SI standard which is metric. It just puts some fancy names on arbtirarily chosen metric distances and pretends it's doing something special.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    The problem with Blizzard's communication is its inconsistency. This always happens:
    That's a self-contradictory statement. Inconsistent means that there is no "always happens", but that it constantly changes. If there's a specific pattern that always occurs, it might not be great, but it is nonetheless consistent.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's a self-contradictory statement. Inconsistent means that there is no "always happens", but that it constantly changes. If there's a specific pattern that always occurs, it might not be great, but it is nonetheless consistent.
    Most funny thing is that there is no radio silence. People literally make shit up about what devs said after DF reveal & how Blizzard dealt with expac reveals in the past to fit their narrative we are in some radio silence right now and things look grim. Oh, and most important all 9.2.5 info is discarded like this patch wasn't part of WoW at all.

There WAS radio silence during Shadowlands, even twice, but since 9.1.5 PTR started last September flow of news & content is best since Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Which would all be normal if you just ignore the Dragonflight announcement was itself already 5 & a half months late.
    All of their development since SL Release had been 6 months late.

If we dont get any DF/9.2.5 blue posts this week somethings wrong..

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I want more 9.2.5/DF news, not having anything this week doesn't mean the sky is falling or anything like. There are plenty of reasons why we might not have it that aren't pure doom. Perhaps they are trying to stretch out the release dates to give more time on DF, or perhaps they are trying to line up their PR dominos as we've seen in recent years. If they are planning some sort of excellent pre-order surprise to come out with 9.2.5 in the encrypted content, then it makes sense not to have too many places to show their hand until things are ready.

It's not like we haven't been seeing things come to the 9.2.5 PTR, we've seen plenty. It's also not like they stopped working on DF, they might be moving forward with plans or altering their course somewhat based on feedback given from the reveal. We'll find out more in alpha/beta. Even if we don't get DF alpha until July or August, they'd still be on track for a Q1 2023 release.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowlands-is-fake View Post
    Isn't there?

Link me the official Blizzard communications that bring us new news since the developer interview rounds after the 10.0 reveal.

Not talking about re-cap summaries. Not talking about some blurb concerning WotLKC.

Tangible, new information about Dragonflight and 9.2.5.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/blizzar...raids-3-326987

https://www.wowhead.com/news/shadowl...ards-of-326991

https://www.wowhead.com/news/dragonf...essions-327009

https://www.wowhead.com/news/upcomin...pillars-327117

Of course most are clarifications about 9.2.5 and Season 4. DF interviews after reveal were also huge dump of info that required some clarification.

But most important: why you require me to provide "Tangible, new information about Dragonflight and 9.2.5" 4 weeks after huge information dump? I didn't say that Blizzard provided huge news every week. I said that people claiming last 4 weeks were radio silence are lying and/or manipulating. When Blizzard clarified things, updated PTR build every few days, responded to feedback (changing season 4 mount) between interview campaign and now, it's not radio silence. No amount of screaming will change that.

I didn't know that good communication means "Oh yeah, they need a huge blogpost every week".

What company does that lol?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    I would argue that way of writting dates makes absolutely no sense save for an anglo-saxon. The rest of the world wrte them like normal people, either from long to short (year/month/day) or from short to long (day/month/year)
    British people, who have a much higher proportion of Anglo-Saxons than Americans, write it day/month/year and always have.

This is not an "Anglo-Saxon" thing. This is an United States of America thing.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

Some people really need to calm their tits and find some hobby besides WoW. It's not world-ending and no foreshadowing of the end of WoW if we don't get tangible news for some weeks. Geez.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Some people really need to calm their tits and find some hobby besides WoW. It's not world-ending and no foreshadowing of the end of WoW if we don't get tangible news for some weeks. Geez.
    I mean, you're posting this in a thread specifically about anticipating, guessing, prognosticating and so on, on an obscure messageboard full of the sort of people who really like anticipating, guessing, and prognosticating about WoW.

That's a lot like going to down to a local amateur football team and yelling at them that they need to "get a hobby which isn't soccer!" or something.

Btw I love your icon and respect for using "calm your tits" correctly.
    "A youtuber said so."

"... some wow experts being interviewed..."

"According to researchers from Wowhead..."

It's one thing to speculate. Obsession is another.

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    It's one thing to speculate. Obsession is another.
    Do other people's feelings harm you?

Not sure what this constant back and forth about if blizzard gives us enough info or not has to do with feelings, but ok.
    It's a tremendous waste of internet space, energy and carbondioxide.

We will get more info sooner or later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats not what this is about so cool it. Obesssing over it daily isn't helpful or healthy. Info will come, I check this thread daily but I don't worry too much if its not moving. I go do something else.
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2022-05-22 at 03:56 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This is whole issue of last few pages, you tell a lot about your feelings and don't care at all about facts.

They always say they wanna do heritage armor when the story allows it, and 9.2.5 really seems to be a great time to do undead/night elf heritage armors. If we don't get that or an allied race, I will be sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    They always say they wanna do heritage armor when the story allows it, and 9.2.5 really seems to be a great time to do undead/night elf heritage armors. If we don't get that or an allied race, I will be sad.
    Well we do get heritage part 2 for Dark Iron and Blood Elves - so it would be weird to encrypt it if we would also get part one for NE and UD.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Pretty sure Blizzard never specified any month. However your account date should mean you have enough experience with Blizzard to know that delays and things happen. Just relax.
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1516081133926060032

At this rate Dragonflight will be out by 2024

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1516081133926060032

At this rate Dragonflight will be out by 2024
    That refered to Arclight Rumble though.

#TEAMGIRAFFE