Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Boost for the Death Knights?

Will be there a boost for Death Knights in Wrath of The Lich King classic???? I HOPE SO! I am leveling my warlock right now. She is lvl 60 and I want to skip Outland, when I make my Death Knight in WoTLK classic. I'm tired of doing quest over and over again. So I wana boost my DK.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    When DKs were originally made playable, they started at level 55 or 58 I believe, and would be ineligible for a character boost since they do start out at a much higher level than all other characters.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    yes I believe they still will get boo'd when they enter Stormwind/Orgrimmar

No, there won't be a boost, they start at level 55 and are level ~58 by the time they leave their starting zone.

The only difference is they won't require you to have a level 55 character of another class before making one.

google is your friend.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/level-7...classic-326760

That means I need to play Outlands all over again...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sadly, you can't boost them. Blizzard still hasn't learned, after Classic-Classic, Classic-TBC and Season of Mastery, that most players do not like leveling, yet they force it upon us.

While some will now say "I love leveling", this is a fanboy forum, this doesn't represent most players, the average player, the non-fanboy, ONLY care about endgame and for the average player (and me included) the game BEGINS at max level.

Learn from your mistakes Blizzard, next time, make servers where we can start at max level, save us some pain and time!

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post

While some will now say "I love leveling", this is a fanboy forum, this doesn't represent most players, the average player, the non-fanboy, ONLY care about endgame and for the average player (and me included) the game BEGINS at max level.
    People have different opinions then me and I don't like them. Therefore they must be the minority!

Ah, never change internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    People have different opinions then me and I don't like them. Therefore they must be the minority!

Ah, never change internet.

Nah, but it's absolutely the feeling I get on the big realm-discords as well as in game. So far, I basically haven't encountered any leveling fans outside of mmo-champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Parmas View Post
    yea but ull get a lot of more exp from tbc quests in wotlk, and exp required from 60-70 will be reduced by like 30% not sure tho
    chars will be stronger due to talent changes - less mana problems and so on
    so tbc zones will be super easy

10+ Year Old Account
    Will be there a boost for Death Knights in Wrath of The Lich King classic???? I HOPE SO! I am leveling my warlock right now. She is lvl 60 and I want to skip Outland, when I make my Death Knight in WoTLK classic. I'm tired of doing quest over and over again. So I wana boost my DK.
    Naw, Death Knights started at 55, normally out around 58. I can't imagine them getting a boost in the content that is meant to be partly about them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Yeah, sadly, you can't boost them. Blizzard still hasn't learned, after Classic-Classic, Classic-TBC and Season of Mastery, that most players do not like leveling, yet they force it upon us.

Learn from your mistakes Blizzard, next time, make servers where we can start at max level, save us some pain and time!
    nah, I think you're in a minority there, not a small one but...

not intended as the usual push back but we've seen what making everything pointlessly easy does from retail. Folks argue that boosting proves folks just want max level, I'd say boosting proves that low level grouping is too annoying to sort.

throw a 1-?? RDF with cross realm out there and watch the boosters market half at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, but it's absolutely the feeling I get on the big realm-discords as well as in game. So far, I basically haven't encountered any leveling fans outside of mmo-champion.
    The better question is why would players who are only interested in leveling need discords to start with. You're generalizing from a relatively specialized population. Most of the players in the game, especially those who are not especially interested in dungeons or raids, do not frequent forums, do not use discord for the game, and are generally invisible to other players.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

literaly everyone trashed on blizz for the boost existing lol,im not sure if ur trolling or not but ok

so anyways,wile im sure a boost will exist,it for sure wont exist for dk as they start higher lvl anyways

You don't need a boost, you get to play them in the pre-patch this time, probably 2 weeks before launch. That's the tradeoff. You'll have plenty of time to level to 70 before Wrath fully hits if you're actually serious about it.

Same the only people I ever hear saying that they genuinely enjoy & prefer leveling as a piece of content have only existed on 3rd party forums, nearly to the point that I question if the handful that say it are just being contrarian.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

10+ Year Old Account
    If I remember right - and assuming it's true to form - you'll blow through Outland so fast in the gear you leave the starting zone with that it's not too significant.

Boo

So far they said there will be a boost to 68, just not for dk's. But 58 to 70 is not that bad since xp required also gets nerfed and with a dk you just chain pull more than 1 mob with no downtime.

Get over it? Its part of the game. Either lvl the toon or don't.

With the changes thar came in wrath it literally took 50% less time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    literaly everyone trashed on blizz for the boost existing lol,im not sure if ur trolling or not but ok

so anyways,wile im sure a boost will exist,it for sure wont exist for dk as they start higher lvl anyways
    They boo cause of bots and because it cost money.

I think if they somehow made botting completely impossible and if the boost was free, 99% would cheer for it!

I still cheer for it cause I am actually very happy there are bots, cause it lowers AH prices and I never sell stuff there anyway, and because I don't mind the boost cost as I'm lucky to have a good salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Utrrabbit View Post
    Get over it? Its part of the game. Either lvl the toon or don't.

With the changes thar came in wrath it literally took 50% less time.
    Complaining about levelling after... 17 years of this now would indicate someone's playing the wrong game (and obv not you, Utrrabbit).
    Last edited by mercutiouk; 2022-05-24 at 10:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.