Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Another song. You know by now whose fanboy I'm RPing, but really it's because they write songs relevant in this thread. It's amazing how all songs I posted here are written in a way that can be interpreted positively by (trigger warning) both sides. This video has numerous comments from Russians saying "I'm an orc and I like this song."

In 43 seconds and 10 lines the song manages to hint at the invasion while covering two cultural moments: first, Russian acceptance of the "Mordor" identity that they feel they're portrayed as by West; BTW I saw Russians call USA "elves" at least a few years ago, it predates current invasion, and probably Ukrainians just used it. Second is well-known Russian meme "[We'll nuke] entire world to dust. But later."

Orcs went out of Mordor
    on the last dawn <== don't let YUPPIE notice these words, lol
    They sang songs together
    those battle orcs
    About fate and about foreign land
    and about mother at home
    and about the orcish club [weapon, not social club]
    to kill elves with
    Entire world to dust
    the rest, f*k it
    Entire world, and to dust
    the rest, f*k it

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    Second is well-known Russian meme "[We'll nuke] entire world to dust. But later."
    Sssht, Yuppie is listening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    I mean... it's basically saying that Russian threats of nuclear weapons are just bluffs.

Not that YUP would understand that, I'm guessing, so... yeah.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Yuppie is Abe Simpson, yelling at clouds. Or perhaps rather, pointing at the cat and yelling "DEATH!".

Being careful is a lost cause, is what I'm saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Yuppie is Abe Simpson, yelling at clouds. Or perhaps rather, pointing at the cat and yelling "DEATH!".

Being careful is a lost cause, is what I'm saying.
    I was rather mocking him than "being careful", but we don't have do encourage him, do we?

7+ Year Old Account
    Radio Free Europe reports that a total of 12 Russian recruitment centres got burned down since start of the war. Guess Russians don't feel like enlisting.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

The chief economist at the institute of international finance has said they expect the Russian economy to collapse by 30% by the end of the year and exports to Russia are down 50% since the same time last year

https://mobile.twitter.com/RobinBroo...23028623237120
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-05-23 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    then how come in recent speeches he proclaims liberating all of Ukraine
    It's called Propaganda. How are you this thick? How many people do you think you can rally with 'We're going to retake all logistically and strategically feasible parts of Ukraine which excludes Crimea, sorry to say!'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    It's called Propaganda. How are you this thick? How many people do you think you can rally with 'We're going to retake all logistically and strategically feasible parts of Ukraine which excludes Crimea, sorry to say!'?
    IIRC he was talking about the parts before February. Which excludes Crimea.

looks like russian troops are storming Lyman today, i think they have air superiority there as well. Gonna be a rough day for the defenders.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    that's lying then. To be honest with you, off the topic of Putler for a moment, I've been very eyeful of this Zelenksy character.

He's won the favor of the entire world and was even named person of the year. If/when this war ends favorably for him, I just really want to believe he goes down the road of a real champion than suddenly betraying everyone's trust and/or going bad.

He's had plenty of faults before Ukraine that people are overlooking at the moment.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

that's lying then. To be honest with you, off the topic of Putler for a moment, I've been very eyeful of this Zelenksy character.

He's won the favor of the entire world and was even named person of the year. If/when this war ends favorably for him, I just really want to believe he goes down the road of a real champion than suddenly betraying everyone's trust and/or going bad.

He's had plenty of faults before Ukraine that people are overlooking at the moment.
    such as? /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    such as? /10char
    *cough*
    HE GUNNA GIT US NOOKED! Y U NO SEE IT!? IT HABBENING! Y U NO STAHP HIM?
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    such as? /10char
    Same sources Shillcker has I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Bla bla bla bla, Turkey is significantly more important to NATO than Sweden and Finland combined. Cope.
    Debatable. Turkey got in to bottle up the Soviets in one sea. Now Sweden and Finland can help bottle Russia up in another. The importance is comparable. And while their armies may be weaker then Turkey's separately, together they probably pack as much a punch.

Having said all that, Turkey is still important and will not be given short shrift over this.

such as? /10char
    Ukraine was corrupt as fuck even before this war, read into how much of an issue that was. And while no one gives a fuck now evidently, Zelensky made sure to repress any Russian affluence in Ukraine, which Putler claims was "genocide" so he could do his evil invasion.

Now he's also forcing all men into conscription on the darker side, regardless of how they feel.

Also, while he's all up in arms with Biden now, he blatantly thought Trump was a fucking moron and piece of shit. Who knows what he actually thinks of America and whether his loyalty will waver.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Sweden and Finland is too good of message to Russia to pass up.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Yes, Zelensky has faults. It's called being a human being, which surprisingly enough most humans are. They're not black and white either insane psychopaths or angels, like you seem to believe. Just like Putin isn't looking to destroy the world on top of himself, Zelensky is not a paragon of goodness that can do no wrong. When the war is over there WILL be things he stands for and does that we don't much like. Same as EVERY OTHER LEADER ON EARTH. Don't be surprised by this, none of us will be.

Edit: And Trump is a moron and a piece of shit. Zelensky's opinions on Biden and Trump are his opinions on two US leaders, neither of them really define his opinion of 'the US'. I am lukewarm on Biden and despised Trump. I despair for a lot of the things that are happening in the US right now. But I still care deeply for the country I was born and raised in, and want to see it prosper, because like most reasonable people I'm capable of being critical of something I love.
    Last edited by Lynarii; 2022-05-23 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Yes, Zelensky has faults. It's called being a human being, which surprisingly enough most humans are. They're not black and white either insane psychopaths or angels, like you seem to believe. Just like Putin isn't looking to destroy the world on top of himself, Zelensky is not a paragon of goodness that can do no wrong. When the war is over there WILL be things he stands for and does that we don't much like. Same as EVERY OTHER LEADER ON EARTH. Don't be surprised by this, none of us will be.
    i think comparing zelenksy to putin is kind of an ill comparison because one is just a "nominal hero" kind of guy and the other is absolute evil, black as pitch.

i think comparing zelenksy to putin is kind of an ill comparison because one is just a "nominal hero" kind of guy and the other is absolute evil, black as pitch.
    And yet, one is your ideal leader and the other played the piano with his dick.