Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1516081133926060032

At this rate Dragonflight will be out by 2024
    That specifically says "Warcraft". He talked about arclight rumble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    https://twitter.com/Qwik/status/1516081133926060032 At this rate Dragonflight will be out by 2024
    What hasn't happened based on that tweet? We got Dragonflight news in April and Arclight Rumble in May. Like i said though delays happen. It has happened in the past with Blizzard and it will happen in the future. The reason why they have become tight lipped over the years when discussing in-development content is because of how the community reacts when things change or don't happen as fast as they want.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2022-05-22 at 04:24 PM.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

It's disappointing May has been mostly a dull month for WoW but I think it's a tad too early to think DF is dead on arrival because of it. At worst things have been delayed a few weeks.

One thing I'd like with the profession revamp is a sort of "Gathering Log" like from FF14. It shows where to find certain herbs/ore/fish (once you've found it once) and includes a small flavor text about the type of material. Lots of cool potential for WoW's fauna to get expanded on with that.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    One thing I'd like with the profession revamp is a sort of "Gathering Log" like from FF14. It shows where to find certain herbs/ore/fish (once you've found it once) and includes a small flavor text about the type of material. Lots of cool potential for WoW's fauna to get expanded on with that.
    I really enjoyed the small questlines in BfA that had you learn what the relevant reagents were used for, like the Seastalk which had magical properties and was therefore used as a sort of pseudo messaging system for those lost at sea.
    Was a shame when SL just didnt have any of that. Guess it came with the removal of resource gathering ranks, but still.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    I really enjoyed the small questlines in BfA that had you learn what the relevant reagents were used for, like the Seastalk which had magical properties and was therefore used as a sort of pseudo messaging system for those lost at sea.
    Was a shame when SL just didnt have any of that. Guess it came with the removal of resource gathering ranks, but still.
    I think with the lack of world building in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    British people, who have a much higher proportion of Anglo-Saxons than Americans, write it day/month/year and always have.

This is not an "Anglo-Saxon" thing. This is an United States of America thing.
    I stand corrected. I was curious and I searched the "why":
    The United States is one of the few countries that use “mm-dd-yyyy” as their date format–which is very very unique! The day is written first and the year last in most countries (dd-mm-yyyy) and some nations, such as Iran, Korea, and China, write the year first and the day last (yyyy-mm-dd). But why did Americans choose to write the month first? One of the hypotheses is that the United States borrowed the way it was written from the United Kingdom who used it before the 20th century and then later changed it to match Europe (dd-mm-yyyy). American colonists liked their original format and it’s been that way ever since.
    https://iso.mit.edu/americanisms/dat...united-states/

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    It's just tradition to write dates like this in US, no point spliting hairs over this. Many systems don't make sense, but they stuck. For example using duodecimal system would be more practical (10 divide only 2,5; 12 divide 2,3,4,6), but we get used to decimal (although we still use duodecimal for example with time).

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Some people really need to calm their tits and find some hobby besides WoW. It's not world-ending and no foreshadowing of the end of WoW if we don't get tangible news for some weeks. Geez.
    let me scream into the void in peace cmon man

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Some people really need to calm their tits and find some hobby besides WoW. It's not world-ending and no foreshadowing of the end of WoW if we don't get tangible news for some weeks. Geez.
    People really need to realize that you can unsubscribe. Obviously, while it is less than ideal that there are content droughts, people always act like Blizzard expects them to pay for nothing essentially.

Like fuck they do, just don't actually play the game. Blizzard is not holding you hostage. People crying about how there is nothing to do yet stay subbed is the most saddest thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    People really need to realize that you can unsubscribe. Obviously, while it is less than ideal that there are content droughts, people always act like Blizzard expects them to pay for nothing essentially.

Like fuck they do, just don't actually play the game. Blizzard is not holding you hostage. People crying about how there is nothing to do yet stay subbed is the most saddest thing ever.
    I think that's a separate concern. I am staying subbed for a bit more till I am done with the genesis mote grind before I do my biannual three month trip to ESO. But that doesn't change the fact that I'd like some information on what might be available in the prepatch when it comes to allied races etc so I can plan my characters for the next xpac. Which is fine if there is nothing, less time subbed (will pick a month to get the goocat during S4).
    I still don't see what is so irrational in finding it problematic that we were told we would be getting more official information "soon, no TM" which then should translate to the English use of the word instead of Blizzard's usual "before the end of time" meaning and would in any context reasonably mean less than a month. Especially given we were told about specific blogs being prepared, none of which should be difficult to disclose.
    And as for why that might be concerning, well it might be concerning because the past few years have not been the best for Blizzard and the past two content presentations were at best mediocre, we have an expansion announcement but no release date, a new season that suggests we may push well past a year between 9.2 and 10.0. And yes, I have low confidence in the devs and that will not change until we actually see another expac at the level of Legion and I don't think I am alone in this or irrational.

As for why do we care "it's just a game" bullshit, log into your main and try /played.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushowinthewhat2 View Post
    WoW has been dead since the end of Legion TBH
    So late? People kept saying that at least since Cata.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

They always say they wanna do heritage armor when the story allows it, and 9.2.5 really seems to be a great time to do undead/night elf heritage armors. If we don't get that or an allied race, I will be sad.
    Those two are particularly low on priority because everyone already has access to fairly high quality night elf and forsaken themed sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    So late? People kept saying that at least since Cata.
    Vanilla*

They always say they wanna do heritage armor when the story allows it, and 9.2.5 really seems to be a great time to do undead/night elf heritage armors. If we don't get that or an allied race, I will be sad.
    Eh did the story "allow" for the Worgen heritage quest that pretty much gave us nothing? Or for the blood elf one? At least some of them actually gave some worldbuilding or even progress racial storylines. So nah, they can do them whenever they want to. What they say is irrelevant. They also said we should be amazed about walking on water in Zereth Mortis . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh did the story "allow" for the Worgen heritage quest that pretty much gave us nothing? Or for the blood elf one? At least some of them actually gave some worldbuilding or even progress racial storylines. So nah, they can do them whenever they want to. What they say is irrelevant. They also said we should be amazed about walking on water in Zereth Mortis . . .
    lol that video was so strange and out of touch. I wasn't subscribed at the time, and when I finally came back a few weeks ago, I was expecting the water to have some significance at all, but nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Those two are particularly low on priority because everyone already has access to fairly high quality night elf and forsaken themed sets.

I forgot about that. Whoops. That's actually one reason I'm highly skeptical of covenant allied races being a thing. They've already exhausted the covenant themes in armor sets and mounts.

lol that video was so strange and out of touch. I wasn't subscribed at the time, and when I finally came back a few weeks ago, I was expecting the water to have some significance at all, but nothing.
    They spent so much time showing the intro area, which actually does look a bit otherworldy especially compared to the rest of ZM which is generic blandness, then in game it is only used for the first couple of quests and then nothing. No mobs, no rares, no quests, no treasures there. I kind of expected at least the outer area of ZM to all be such water fading into mist like it is in that area instead of inaccessible structures blocked by lazy invisible walls.

They spent so much time showing the intro area, which actually does look a bit otherworldy especially compared to the rest of ZM which is generic blandness, then in game it is only used for the first couple of quests and then nothing. No mobs, no rares, no quests, no treasures there. I kind of expected at least the outer area of ZM to all be such water fading into mist like it is in that area instead of inaccessible structures blocked by lazy invisible walls.
    I feel like ZL has is fittingly otherworldly. It's not completely beating you over the head with it, buy for the most part it's just otherworldly enough that you notice.

The issue I find is that we did not get Zereth Mortis foreshadowed enough to really make it all pay off. The first SL zones were not overtly artificial enough to really have it make sense when we learn that they are in fact artificial. Nor is the aesthetic hinted at enough to have it really make sense.

ZM needed to either be better foreshadowed to really be able to cash in on what little atmosphere it has. Or be even more "off", like having carnivorous stags hunting wolves and such.

I feel like ZL has is fittingly otherworldly. It's not completely beating you over the head with it, buy for the most part it's just otherworldly enough that you notice.

The issue I find is that we did not get Zereth Mortis foreshadowed enough to really make it all pay off. The first SL zones were not overtly artificial enough to really have it make sense when we learn that they are in fact artificial. Nor is the aesthetic hinted at enough to have it really make sense.

ZM needed to either be better foreshadowed to really be able to cash in on what little atmosphere it has. Or be even more "off", like having carnivorous stags hunting wolves and such.
    I mean it doesn't even make sense to me. ZM is the printer that produces afterlifes. Why does it look like a printer for mortal worlds instead? Why do afterlives need fauna, flora and entire ecologies? Shadowlands in general just fails to make Death otherworldly. It's just a different life instead.

I don't know about it not getting enough foreshadowing. I remember catching one of the Opulences with their entourage traveling in Oribos with one of the attendants discussing the sepulcher and being sushed. It was immediately obvious tha the Sepulcher would be important. I don't think they failed to foreshadow ZM. What they failed to do is tie it better to the story. Firim and his expedition should have been more than a journal and Ve'nari and the Korthian attendants should have joined us in Zereth Mortis instead of or at least together with the Covenants.

I mean it doesn't even make sense to me. ZM is the printer that produces afterlifes. Why does it look like a printer for mortal worlds instead? Why do afterlives need fauna, flora and entire ecologies? Shadowlands in general just fails to make Death otherworldly. It's just a different life instead.

I don't know about it not getting enough foreshadowing. I remember catching one of the Opulences with their entourage traveling in Oribos with one of the attendants discussing the sepulcher and being sushed. It was immediately obvious tha the Sepulcher would be important. I don't think they failed to foreshadow ZM. What they failed to do is tie it better to the story. Firim and his expedition should have been more than a journal and Ve'nari and the Korthian attendants should have joined us in Zereth Mortis instead of or at least together with the Covenants.
    The factory aspect is probably where it fails the most. I am still not sure whether what we see is going to be an afterlife, whether it's there to produce raw materials for them, or if the appearance of ZM is entirely meaningless to the produced afterlives.
    A better alternative in this respect would have been to either make ZM an amalgamation of the zones we have already been to, or just make it even more artificial looking.

As for foreshadowing. The Sepulcher was properly foreshadowed, but Zereth Mortis itself really wasn't, especially when you consider that it's supposed to be a factory for afterlives.
    There should have been more tangible foreshadowing. The orbs for instance should have been found various places in the Shadowlands, and we should have seen more of the prototype flora before this, maybe even just one or two.

There should have been more tangible foreshadowing. The orbs for instance should have been found various places in the Shadowlands, and we should have seen more of the prototype flora before this, maybe even just one or two.
    Could really have just been in Korthia. While the Eternal ones are not supposed to enter Zereth Mortis (Primus still projects there . . .) the Korthian attendants seemed to know much more about it. I am not going to be convinced that this is all that was planned for Shadowlands no matter what Ion says (and if it really is, shame on them). If Korthia had actually been a city of secrets instead of the most drab outdoor area in wow with a few ruins in it, perhaps we'd have gotten more about Zereth Mortis there.