Poll: 11.0 setting

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Possible 11.0 location.

Now that 10.0 will feature the dragon isles as the setting, are there any other unexplored bastion of azeroth that remain that could be used as future expansion settings?

Undermine I feel will either be a mega dungeon or a neutral city.

All the little unexplored islands like telabim, aren't as exciting and will probably be mid expansion content locations.

Underground hallow earth expansion? Perhaps, though I feel like that'd be best as a raid or large zone, bit an entire "continent".

Zereth X? Maybe one of the other 5 zereths is enormous and big enough to hold an entire expansion?

Ogre continent. If you look at the draenor map, there's an unexplored large continent south of other main land.

K'aresh. This is most likely to me. I feel 10.0 will end with Murozond as the final boss and he'll bring in Yrel to kick off the next expansion for light vs void. Her and her lightbound army will kidnap locus walker and hijack the vindecar to travel to Karesh.

Perhaps the ogre continent will be used for an ogre race?

Are there any locations I might have missed

I believe that Undermine or an undermine zone could be part of an expansion, but not an expansion in itself, there need to be a sky to look at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Now that 10.0 will feature the dragon isles as the setting, are there any other unexplored bastion of azeroth that remain that could be used as future expansion settings?

Undermine I feel will either be a mega dungeon or a neutral city.

All the little unexplored islands like telabim, aren't as exciting and will probably be mid expansion content locations.

Underground hallow earth expansion? Perhaps, though I feel like that'd be best as a raid or large zone, bit an entire "continent".

Zereth X? Maybe one of the other 5 zereths is enormous and big enough to hold an entire expansion?

Ogre continent. If you look at the draenor map, there's an unexplored large continent south of other main land.

K'aresh. This is most likely to me. I feel 10.0 will end with Murozond as the final boss and he'll bring in Yrel to kick off the next expansion for light vs void. Her and her lightbound army will kidnap locus walker and hijack the vindecar to travel to Karesh.

Perhaps the ogre continent will be used for an ogre race?

Are there any locations I might have missed
    When you say 'Underground' it is normally where I say Nerubians and Undermine. You can't have underground without those two. Undermine would have to be, to give it credit, a mega-Goblin-city, not a dungeon, maybe a dungeon within, as well as an arena, but this city is home to multiple cartels as well as factories and production. We're talking about a vision of an underground city larger than Surumar even.

As for other worlds, eh, I can just accept them, if we're talking like TBC. As for other realms, eh, please keep that to a patch. I don't want another WoD or SL.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Elunaria with a life theme.

Ion said they want to switch it up with a cosmic expac and a grounded expac to change it up. Cosmic highly likely.

There's really no reason why it wouldn't be K'aresh. The place has a significant connection to the Void, as the planet was devoured by a manifested Void Lord known as Dimensius. The Ethereals have often interacted with Alliance and Horde, and most recently, they have built a long-lasting alliance with the Ren'dorei, as their leader Alleria Windrunner was the student of Void Ethereal Locus-Walker.

Unlike FillerLands, which was retconned from a grey version of Azeroth into whatever nonsense with magical fairies, perverted animals, and vampires we got in 9.0, people already know what to expect from K'aresh; a ravaged homeworld, once the seat of Ethereal civilization. From there they can build an actual questing continent.

I don't even think people would complain about the expansion not being grounded. The problem about FillerLands is how hamfisted and retconned it all felt, but K'aresh has been hinted at since TBC, so I don't really think the community would dislike such an expansion concept.

I must sound like a broken record at this point, but...

I will never stop asking for a fantasy underground expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    A Journey to the Center of the Earth style of expansion would be really cool. Visit multiple different biomes as you go down towards the center of Azeroth. Even discover underground cities and kingdoms. Trawl through Y'shaarj's dried up guts and organs. Culminates in meeting the Titan Azeroth herself. GW2 experimented with underground zones before. LotRO also did a Moria expansion where the whole expansion was just the underground kingdom of Moria.

Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-05-22 at 08:00 PM.

i'll push again for Quel'thalas revamp. Yrel's mujahideen will want to retake Sunwell with the desecrated corpse of M'uuru, distill Light particles from the cells of blood and void elves (yes, that includes boiling them first). perhaps - occupy Stormwind with Turalyon's blessing or just to torture him (and Lightforged) for betraying Xe'ra; perhaps - invade Undermine, where azerite was found originally, to laser-drill for it further and claim it in the name of their true faith.
    btw, one thing that draenei, elves and goblins have in common is a certain proficiency with mechanisms. maybe they could even make a class out of it?..

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably cosmic ish but it'd be a nice change if they waited just a bit longer to start going cosmic again.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

We dont even have 10.0 alpha or closed beta, yet you already speculate about 11.0?!

Just stop with this haste-pumping BS. Focus on what happens today and near, forseeable future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sub-continent style maps for each cosmic force. Probably the size of Argus (3 medium sized zones) and you can get to without having a loading screen.

That would mean for Death, we'd have the Shadowlands... again... yeah... but perhaps a "future" Shadowlands so we can see certain things changed since then. /shrug

However, it would be pretty cool to see "worlds" for the Light, the Void, Life, Order and Disorder.

How I imagined it for Disorder would simply be the Twisting Nether and the various worlds the Burning Legion conquered (like K'aresh) halfway in the Twisting Nether (but not all of the way, in order to explain why you can only go to some parts of the planet) and the other half not available.

For Life, we have the Emerald Dream as, I think, the perfect realm that embodies it. Although specific mention of the "Gardens of Life" is now out there so perhaps that would serve as the realm for life.

Haven't really thought about what the realms/worlds of the other 3 would look like, though.

I mean consider how Elden Ring handled the underground... there can absolutely be a sky down there.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    The other side of Azeroth is still an option I think, given now that we know that the Dragon Isles are just slightly north east of the eastern kingdoms.

They have been saying “Oh yeah something’s back ther” for years now with all the post wotlk/mop globes having mists/clouds covering the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

this one is awsome,where from?

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    this one is awsome,where from?
    Concept art/loading screen for the zone Labyrinthos, from FFXIV, an underground research facility. The actual ingame zone isn't anywhere near as vertical as the concept art and doesn't look as good, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    The other side of Azeroth is still an option I think, given now that we know that the Dragon Isles are just slightly north east of the eastern kingdoms.

They have been saying “Oh yeah something’s back ther” for years now with all the post wotlk/mop globes having mists/clouds covering the back.
    That's literally not a thing. Globes created by Titans show the continents wrap around Azeroth. We saw it from space in Legion.

Concept art/loading screen for the zone Labyrinthos, from FFXIV, an underground research facility. The actual ingame zone isn't anywhere near as vertical as the concept art and doesn't look as good, though.
    Very cool,so that skydome isnt real,reminds me of the Blame! manga,a city built on top of many cities,with fake skies to give of the illusion of a sky,but its buried under an endless sea of metal that streched out endlesly

10+ Year Old Account
    Very cool,so that skydome isnt real,reminds me of the Blame! manga,a city built on top of many cities,with fake skies to give of the illusion of a sky,but its buried under an endless sea of metal that streched out endlesly
    The city is basically a research facility and prepping area located under the capital of this nation. So, yeah, a little like it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    im hoping for Karesh with Ethereals, otherworldly old gods, and some light based villains with playable Ethereals.

12.0 can be Azeroth again with hopefully a world revamp.

7+ Year Old Account
    I love that manga. Didn't the city swallow the moon as well at some point?