Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Ah so it’s even better then just a chance for a exalt then as you can mix and match pre/suffix’s.

I’ll probably get a ton of use out of it given how much I play shield throw and that I normally end up with a tab of various 2000-2600 armour shields that I hang onto for rerolling.
    I don't think "exalt" is really in the equation. Not sure if the new mod is simply added or replaces another, but I think it just replaces an existing mod.

Anyone know how to determine where sentinels can be used?

I was surprised when the sentinel buttons f2,f3,f4 disapeared. I thought it was another bug, but when I googled, I found out that they are apparently related to some levels. Like you can use them in some high level maps, but then cannot use them in lower level. This sounded like nonsense to me, but with exception of few posts in poe forums and reddit, I could not discover anything more regarding it.

It seems there are even some achievements that might become annoying to do due to this. Such as killing an act boss empowered by a sentinel. You cannot go back with higher level character apprently?

Is there some reason why this thing exists?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Anyone know how to determine where sentinels can be used?

I was surprised when the sentinel buttons f2,f3,f4 disapeared. I thought it was another bug, but when I googled, I found out that they are apparently related to some levels. Like you can use them in some high level maps, but then cannot use them in lower level. This sounded like nonsense to me, but with exception of few posts in poe forums and reddit, I could not discover anything more regarding it.

It seems there are even some achievements that might become annoying to do due to this. Such as killing an act boss empowered by a sentinel. You cannot go back with higher level character apprently?

Is there some reason why this thing exists?
    In general, just about everywhere. And for anywhere with instances within (i.e. vaal side rooms in maps) you can usually get a separate use there as well - so 1 use of them in the map, a second separate use of them in the vaal room.

There are a few places where they don't work (usually locations without enemies and stuff) but so far once I've gotten to mapping I haven't really noticed anywhere they're disabled.

I don't see why you wouldn't be able to go back and re-beat bosses with sentinels at high level, though. Worst come to worst if you really want those achieves just roll a character with the usual starter uniques and steamroll through leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

God I'm an idiot. Took atlas passive that disables fragments.

Try to run T6 Summit for pantheon point. Divine Vessel isn't filling. Try like 3-4 times getting annoyed. Go to complain about it and start typing...

Realize the Divine Vessel is a fragment and the atlas passive point disables it : |

Oh well, at least it's an easy mistake to fix. Take the point out, run map for pantheon buff, put point back. Need to get freeze immunity as well and damnit I've got an Atoll map for Puruna, too! That'll be very helpful and finally let me swap out my vanilla armor flask for a Rumi's.

Still surprised how strong this build is with dogshit gear (shockwave cyclone champ with staff), new mods have been nerfed bigtime and maps largely feel like pre 3.18 so far.

Love the Maroider skin, the new direction with MTX continues to be top tier shit. And the leaked cast when damage taken and shockwave MTX look pretty rad, actually. Might have to drop a few bucks because I kinda really want the shockwave MTX even if it's just more eye cancer/visual clutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Or option 3, have the difference between Meta and off meta builds not be so massive.

But as you say, there are so many interactions and synergies that compound to cause this gap.
    There is no massive balance between meta and the rest. There is a massive balance between bad builds and good ones.

Mathil and hc players has proven time and time, league after league it can be done. Any boss deleted with almost any skill.
    Sure there are cheaper and/or easier builds to finish but everything is possible because PoE ultimately does not require minmaxing. DPS requirements are faaaar below the maximum possible.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is no massive balance between meta and the rest. There is a massive balance between bad builds and good ones.

Mathil and hc players has proven time and time, league after league it can be done. Any boss deleted with almost any skill.
    Sure there are cheaper and/or easier builds to finish but everything is possible because PoE ultimately does not require minmaxing. DPS requirements are faaaar below the maximum possible.
    And Mike Tyson can probably beat your ass to a pulp with one arm tied behind his back while wearing a blindfold.

"Lol Mathil can do it" is not an argument for the average player.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

And Mike Tyson can probably beat your ass to a pulp with one arm tied behind his back while wearing a blindfold.

Though he isn't wrong either. What i get is "if you follow a guide made by someone who's far more proficient than you you're going to do fine".

Which is the whole game about. PoE is so vast and so many things are interconnected that you cannot simply put effort into it as to really know what everything does would take a lot of time (these people are all veteran players who basically kept up with the game). You cannot go blind or learn by yourself (i mean you can but with all the caveats) and it's basically assumed you're going to trade your gear and not farm it.

When you slot all of this in, you've removed most if not all the friction, the game simplifies a lot and it also speeds up accordingly.

EDIT: people will still die from random oneshots and also depends on what kind of gear you find/can afford. It's not like "here's the game for you in easy mode". You're just skipping a learning phase that at this point would take too much anyway.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

"It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    fuckin lol.

That term is gonna haunt GGG for a while because the communities definition for it and what Chris actually meant are wildly different.

But it's a good example of how, no matter how much testing you do with a small group of very excellent testers, there will always be tons of things you never thought of that will be quickly found when you release the game/update to hundreds of thousands of players all doing tons of random/unexpected shit.

Kinda blows the whole 'we're not bringing back Ultimatum until its right' right out when you bring over AN like this after one league.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Kinda blows the whole 'we're not bringing back Ultimatum until its right' right out when you bring over AN like this after one league.
    I mean...AN worked...but it worked because players had control over what mods they wanted to fight against so could avoid bricking them for their build or making them unnecessarily challenging.

GGG needs to figure out a way to avoid this from happening again though. They usually have to do some post-launch nerfs, but it's been pretty bad this time : /

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a bad league aside from some random ass rares that you have zero control over just fucking you over. At least with Ultimatum and Scourge you could see exactly what you were getting yourself into, and could opt out of going back into the mechanic or pushing forward with it. To me it's obvious that very little testing beyond "does it crash the game" went into balancing the rares.

Not all of it's bad though. I think for the 'most' part the mechanics are visually easier to see and understand, and are far more akin to Diablo affixes on rares mobs (which is about the only thing Diablo does well).

But yeah. The games about risk and reward and if you aren't paying attention to the maps you roll and you fall over, that's on you. I maintain however that it's not fair to enter a map and have multiple packs in that very map that your build just can't deal/operate with though lol.

Incendiary and Flameweaver don't really need to be two mods with high fire resists does it?

Nothing like those tanking fat ignite hits and watching it slowly burn off like a candle.

Average player absolutely can, but it requires effort and knowledge. If you are not willing to put effort and learn things don't expect your randomly clicked build to work.

Its not diablo where you can't go wrong. And this is why PoE is fucking amazing, zero handholding, want yo shoot yourself in foot? You can.
    Want to go lazy? Copy some tested build.
    Want to go crazy? Check out eirikeiken builds.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It's not a bad league aside from some random ass rares that you have zero control over just fucking you over. At least with Ultimatum and Scourge you could see exactly what you were getting yourself into, and could opt out of going back into the mechanic or pushing forward with it. To me it's obvious that very little testing beyond "does it crash the game" went into balancing the rares.

Not all of it's bad though. I think for the 'most' part the mechanics are visually easier to see and understand, and are far more akin to Diablo affixes on rares mobs (which is about the only thing Diablo does well).

But yeah. The games about risk and reward and if you aren't paying attention to the maps you roll and you fall over, that's on you. I maintain however that it's not fair to enter a map and have multiple packs in that very map that your build just can't deal/operate with though lol.
    The major difference is that Diablo is clear in its visuals. Meanwhile PoE has black degen zones on black ground. A few are easy to see, a lot of them are bullshit.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    No, its mostly dumb ass people slapping random shit and wondering why it doesn't work

Red = incorrect
    green = pretty correct
    yellow = may or may not be, depending on situation
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Forgot how fun currency trading is. 500 whispers later, and avoiding all the obvious lowballs, still trying to trade chaos for an ex. This is a great trade experience GGG, 10/10, will continue to do everything possible to ever have to trade currency again since it's a fuckin dogshit, miserable experience.

No, its mostly dumb ass people slapping random shit and wondering why it doesn't work

Red = incorrect
    green = pretty correct
    yellow = may or may not be, depending on situation
    That's why i asked. Especially since i'm following a guide that seemed competent and as you highlighted it basically checks all the deemed good stuff.

I'll keep these pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Forgot how fun currency trading is. 500 whispers later, and avoiding all the obvious lowballs, still trying to trade chaos for an ex. This is a great trade experience GGG, 10/10, will continue to do everything possible to ever have to trade currency again since it's a fuckin dogshit, miserable experience.
    You don't do that.

You sell chaos for exalts and/or exalts for chaos, you never buy it yourself. I can convert one to the other and vice versa in minute AND even be on plus.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Went ahead and tried crit shield throw jugg, the damage is undoubtably better but the defences just aren’t there with with them extra points and gear needed to get the Crit Up to a reasonable level.

Back to messing around with none crit shield throw for me.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't do that.

You sell chaos for exalts and/or exalts for chaos, you never buy it yourself. I can convert one to the other and vice versa in minute AND even be on plus.
    This is very much the only reasonable way to do it.

I dislike trading and rarely buy more then a couple items in a league but when ever the Buddy I play with wants to trade I always do the selling for him for currency exchange as he has no premium tabs and buying is awful.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.