Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    that's lying then. To be honest with you, off the topic of Putler for a moment, I've been very eyeful of this Zelenksy character.
    It's a rallying call. Every nation under the sun does it when they're at war. Propaganda is a tool where if you're not using it then you're not fighting hard enough. Russia, Ukraine, hell even NATO countries are doing it.

You know those leaked calls where we hear the worst of the Russians? That's propaganda, but they are also true. Propaganda isn't always lying. Hell, most of the time it isn't. It is selective truths. How many calls are not being leaked where both sides of the call are "GTFO of there." or just ordinary soldiers calling home?

Or when we are shown the craziest of Russian tv talking about doing the worst? That's also propaganda to Russia and also to us.

When it comes to Zelensky you have to ask when he is speaking "What's his audience?" when it is a rallying call it's to the people of Ukraine, when it is more neutral tone it is towards the community unless he's after something then he might make a more intense speech and rhetoric.

He wants Ukraine back, but if you read what he says outside of rallying calls he's always talking about taking Ukraine in a peace deal, not in a pitched battle. Because the latter is suicide. It took the Germans half a year to take Servastepol. Those forts are still there and the place even at the best of times was one of the few parts of Ukraine that leaned to Russia. Now it's fully within Russian sphere as those who didn't want to be part of Russia fled. It would be the meat grinder and well within black sea fleet firing range.

that's lying then. To be honest with you, off the topic of Putler for a moment, I've been very eyeful of this Zelenksy character.

He's won the favor of the entire world and was even named person of the year. If/when this war ends favorably for him, I just really want to believe he goes down the road of a real champion than suddenly betraying everyone's trust and/or going bad.

He's had plenty of faults before Ukraine that people are overlooking at the moment.
    No, it's not. It's politics. If you don't understand that, that's 100% a 'you' problem.

Today Zelenksy made an outlandish PR statement claiming the West *should have* aided Ukraine in 2014 and it's been rebuked and received poorly considering what the government was like then. In fact, what I don't particularly like is despite the amount of aid he's receiving (like as much as humanly possible), he's always demanding more or something else.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

In fact, what I don't particularly like is despite the amount of aid he's receiving, he's always demanding more.
    Yeah, what an entitled bitch. It's not like his country remains under siege from a hostile foreign power committing war crimes and massacring civilians or anything. He just needs to be happy he's getting anything, the little bitch. He's not even a real politician, he's an actor!

10+ Year Old Account
    One of the biggest mistakes West made back in 2014 was the flaccid response to Russia taking a chunk the size of European country from Ukraine. There were some "sanctions" that people totally huffed copium/hopium about thinking slap on the wrist was enough.

I always said those token sanctions were a joke, especially given the event magnitude. But people here love their excessive hopium.

Sanctions now, as well, are not nearly enough what should be and have more holes than a bloody cheese. But at least now there is something reasonable there.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2022-05-23 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, what an entitled bitch. It's not like his country remains under siege from a hostile foreign power committing war crimes and massacring civilians or anything. He just needs to be happy he's getting anything, the little bitch. He's not even a real politician, he's an actor!
    it's like, the US and its allies are doing *everything* it can and fast as well. It's metaphorically like getting a free meal from Gordon Ramsay and telling him to hurry the fuck up when he's cooking, you know?
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    Now he's also forcing all men into conscription on the darker side, regardless of how they feel.
    The country is in literal fucking war, being invaded by its bigger neighbor. You can bet your ass all men will be required to protect their country at that point.

And "country" doesn't even mean the literal borders right now. It means a democratic and civilized society. Ukraine, however corrupt it might be, is still leagues better than Russia on that front.

- - - Updated - - -

Today Zelenksy made an outlandish PR statement claiming the West *should have* aided Ukraine in 2014 and it's been rebuked and received poorly considering what the government was like then. In fact, what I don't particularly like is despite the amount of aid he's receiving (like as much as humanly possible), he's always demanding more or something else.
    The West should have aided Ukraine in 2014, and Georgia in 2008. How many lives on both sides would have been saved if Putin was stopped 14 years ago?

It's metaphorically like getting a free meal from Gordon Ramsay and telling him to hurry the fuck up when he's cooking, you know?
    Yes, because getting military aid to save yourself from an active invasion force is just like getting a free meal from a celebrity chef. What complete and utter bullshit.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but evidently Starbucks has announced they are pulling out of Russia as well.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    Just going out on a limb here but I'm guessing Turkey doesn't want foot soldiers from Sweden.
    Then they should get actual evidence, instead of just persecuting people who are critical of the turkish state and submit that to sweden, while guaranteeing that they'll get fair trials. Which turkey seems to be unable to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but evidently Starbucks has announced they are pulling out of Russia as well.
    Fuck em. Fuck $Bux.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    Russia finaly getting some benefits out of this mess.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's like, the US and its allies are doing *everything* it can and fast as well. It's metaphorically like getting a free meal from Gordon Ramsay and telling him to hurry the fuck up when he's cooking, you know?
    No, it's like 20 people are starving because their neighbours steal all their food and Ramsay says: don't worry I got your backs, you won't be hungry for the next decade. And then he comes with one single burger

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Russia finaly getting some benefits out of this mess.
    No more Mickey D and no more Starbucks. So now they can enjoy decent burgers and actual coffee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    No, it's like 20 people are starving because their neighbours steal all their food and Ramsay says: don't worry I got your backs, you won't be hungry for the next decade. And then he comes with one single burger
    We'll send you bunches of thousands of burgers and fries. (congress happens), We're working on sending you a few thousand burgers and fries, while working with other restaurants to get more. (diplomacy happens between countries) We've got a couple of thousand burgers with a dozen fries, we're trying to get you more as they source more burgers and fries. (other countries government happen) We're getting you hundreds of burgers, but no fries. Some trained cooks to help you guys out with logistics of burgering. We're working on more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

This is interesting.

Kazakhstan Cuts Iron Supplies To Russian Steelworks

Kazakhstan’s largest iron ore-enricher has cut supplies to a major steelworks in Siberia as the repercussions of international sanctions against Russia disrupt economic ties between these two members of the Eurasian Economic Union, a free-trade zone. The Sokolov-Sarybai Mining Production Association in northern Kazakhstan was the main supplier of ore to the Magnitogorsk Iron and Steelworks until Russia invaded Ukraine.

Known by the acronym SSGPO, the Kazakhstani plant, based in Rudniy, was supplying 70 percent of the ore sourced by the steelworks in Magnitogorsk, which lies just 340 kilometers away. The Russian plant, often shortened to MMK, obtained the rest from suppliers in Russia.

Because of the halt in supplies from Kazakhstan, MMK has been forced to source ore from nearly 2,000 kilometers away, Russia’s Vedomosti newspaper reported on May 17, citing anonymous sources from both companies.

Ukraine was corrupt as fuck even before this war, read into how much of an issue that was. And while no one gives a fuck now evidently, Zelensky made sure to repress any Russian affluence in Ukraine, which Putler claims was "genocide" so he could do his evil invasion.

Now he's also forcing all men into conscription on the darker side, regardless of how they feel.

Also, while he's all up in arms with Biden now, he blatantly thought Trump was a fucking moron and piece of shit. Who knows what he actually thinks of America and whether his loyalty will waver.
    Any country would go forced conscription if invaded. Wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    No more Mickey D and no more Starbucks. So now they can enjoy decent burgers and actual coffee.
    I doubt that - I'm sure the Russians can find someone else delivering bland burgers and over-priced coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasulis View Post
    for a while now, Kazakhstan has been increasingly belligerent against Russia. I don't get it considering I thought Putin owned that country like Belarus.

Considering he could deploy his army to "peacekeep" Kazak over the protests not too long ago, why doesn't he invade again for such defiance?

10+ Year Old Account
    for a while now, Kazakhstan has been increasingly belligerent against Russia. I don't get it considering I thought Putin owned that country like Belarus.

Considering he could deploy his army to "peacekeep" Kazak over the protests not too long ago, why doesn't he invade again for such defiance?
    Why not invade China and the US while he's at it?

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Why not invade China and the US while he's at it?
    Kazakhstan is Putin's puppet regime, though? Just like with Lukashenko. It's not even comparable. Tokayev has balls to speak out against Putin and undermine him the way he has even if corrupt beyond measure. In fact, considering the first thing you see of googling this guy is him hugging Putin, I think he's lying.
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-05-23 at 09:45 PM.