Page 36 of 84 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowflakesz View Post
    Damn, Marlon Brando is dead? Sad times.
    Oh man, these were awkward last words from the doc.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by beanman12345 View Post
    Yeah that's why I think it's interesting, I don't take the lawyer seriously with this exchange. He's no Camille.
    Well there’s only one Camille…

But you have to keep in mind that the difference between our perspective and their perspective is that they can see the jury react. If the jury is already on their side and basically eye-rolling the witness, pushing harder could be gilding the lilly.

Quote Originally Posted by Veggie50 View Post
    Well there’s only one Camille…

But you have to keep in mind that the difference between our perspective and their perspective is that they can see the jury react. If the jury is already on their side and basically eye-rolling the witness, pushing harder could be gilding the lilly.
    Eh, guy's testimony isn't that consequential as is, tbh. Kinda pointless to push that hard, when the doctor didn't even actually evaluate Depp.

7+ Year Old Account
    Welp, not gonna watch entire thing anyway, so I checked some independent reviews of the trail "performances":

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Depp's team really did a number on that guy. His last answer before the break, fucking lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Depp's team really did a number on that guy. His last answer before the break, fucking lol.
    Isn't he dead?

I wish I could feel bad for these experts Depp's team grills down. But all of them are being disingenuous at best and lying at worst. I don't know if it was due to improper care, improper evidence, or the experts themselves just not caring all that much but the constant misconducted practices is uh - concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    Isn't he dead?

I wish I could feel bad for these experts Depp's team grills down. But all of them are being disingenuous at best and lying at worst. I don't know if it was due to improper care, improper evidence, or the experts themselves just not caring all that much but the constant misconducted practices is uh - concerning.
    This all proves my point that I was talking about earlier on with how poor the cross was, they tried to focus on these pointless gotcha's, when it doesn't help Depp at all. And the current witness, they keep getting over ruled. It's a bad day for Depp, considering that first witness today.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak..._psychologist/

Wait wait wait...this "psychologist" diagnosed Johnny Depp without ever meeting him? Based only off his performance in the Pirates of the Caribbean movies and nothing else?

Also, what the fuck is wrong with his mouth?

Like, Heard's team is making it impossible to remain completely neutral in this. Not in the "I'm on Team Johnny" sense, but in the, "Holy shit how could someone with money hire such consistently hilariously incompetent people?"

I mean, I think we can have a healthy debate over the Goldwater rule and all, but diagnosing someone off of an acting performance is just fucking hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    This all proves my point that I was talking about earlier on with how poor the cross was, they tried to focus on these pointless gotcha's, when it doesn't help Depp at all.
    I'm unsure if you're understand why they're going after these points. Depp's lawyers are trying to impeach Heard's witnesses by showing them to not be credible sources. Attacking their credentials would be a massive task, and it's much easier to attack their statements, their understanding of events, and showing inconsistencies between them to make people question whether the expert's opinion matters. What you see as a "gotcha" is seen by the jury as the witness contradicting themselves and the narrative Heard is presenting.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    Oh yeh? She had a wisdom tooth extraction without swelling too? Interesting.
    So either you don't know what a nose is or you didn't follow the conversation, which is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    I'm unsure if you're understand why they're going after these points. Depp's lawyers are trying to impeach Heard's witnesses by showing them to not be credible sources. Attacking their credentials would be a massive task, and it's much easier to attack their statements, their understanding of events, and showing inconsistencies between them to make people question whether the expert's opinion matters. What you see as a "gotcha" is seen by the jury as the witness contradicting themselves and the narrative Heard is presenting.
    That's exactly not what I'm saying. There was no contradictions. Like in this instance, they got him to make a bad joke, how is that impeaching him?

yeah, this guy isn't that good. Stumbling on words a lot...

Even saying himself "There was a lot more press after the waldman statements, correct?" then tried to save it...
    Error 404 - Signature not found

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Heard pick all her witnesses while ignoring advice from her lawyer...not that they are great either. Who thought Uncle Rick was a good idea?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly not what I'm saying. There was no contradictions. Like in this instance, they got him to make a bad joke, how is that impeaching him?
    We're talking about the same person, right? Dr. David Spiegel? The guy who when asked if Marlon Brando used an earpiece, asked if he was dead and then after establishing he was said "No, he does not use one now"? That wasn't a joke. His unhinged behavior wasn't a joke. He's odd mannerisms, diagnosing Depp when having never met him, and comparing Depp's sworn testimony to Pirates of the Caribbean were not jokes. Hell, even if anyone did accept that they were jokes, and believed he wasn't a lunatic, telling jokes on the stand is a good way to impeach yourself as a witness. The jury has no reason to trust someone who doesn't take their position as an expert witness seriously.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

This Expert Karen is getting absolutely destroyed in the cross for the inane comparisons LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

We're talking about the same person, right? Dr. David Spiegel? The guy who when asked if Marlon Brando used an earpiece, asked if he was dead and then after establishing he was said "No, he does not use one now"? That wasn't a joke. His unhinged behavior wasn't a joke. He's odd mannerisms, diagnosing Depp when having never met him, and comparing Depp's sworn testimony to Pirates of the Caribbean were not jokes. Hell, even if anyone did accept that they were jokes, and believed he wasn't a lunatic, telling jokes on the stand is a good way to impeach yourself as a witness. The jury has no reason to trust someone who doesn't take their position as an expert witness seriously.
    Unintentional joke, people are laughing at him, hence the "gotcha." If that's supposed to be impeaching him, than okay, but idk, i don't see how that helps depp. And yeah we talked about the ethic's of his diagnosis, Doesn't seem to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    yeah, this guy isn't that good. Stumbling on words a lot...

Even saying himself "There was a lot more press after the waldman statements, correct?" then tried to save it...
    He has his moments, but he doesn't seem consistent. Just now he fucked up on Amber's paychecks. The current witness is handling him pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    He has his moments, but he doesn't seem consistent. Just now he fucked up on Amber's paychecks. The current witness is handling him pretty well.
    its a rollercoaster.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    Unintentional joke, people are laughing at him, hence the "gotcha." If that's supposed to be impeaching him, than okay, but idk, i don't see how that helps depp. And yeah we talked about the ethic's of his diagnosis, Doesn't seem to be.
    The fact that you're calling it an "unintentional joke" and saying "people are laughing at him", but also thinking that this isn't impeaching him as a witness is insane. Being the focus of mockery for making stupid statements will make the jury not believe you because it calls into question your credibility. Why would you ever believe someone who repeatedly makes a fool of themselves? There was even a point where he asked the judge if he had to answer questions, and had to be told that yes, he has to answer questions presented to him.

The fact that you're calling it an "unintentional joke" and saying "people are laughing at him", but also thinking that this isn't impeaching him as a witness is insane. Being the focus of mockery for making stupid statements will make the jury not believe you because it calls into question your credibility. Why would you ever believe someone who repeatedly makes a fool of themselves? There was even a point where he asked the judge if he had to answer questions, and had to be told that yes, he has to answer questions presented to him.
    I mean, him saying that means he's not a credible expert, if that's what your saying, okay. I don't see it, in fact, yeah i'm arguing, it does nothing to diminish him being a credible expert.