10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Obvious willful trolling != naivity
    Well, we're really not supposed to call it what it is...

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    nowadays, yes. This isn't a game or some kind of barking conspiracy when a country is committing genocide and threatening nukes in 2022. I wholeheartedly believe Russia is waging a war against the world, right now, and they don't have to declare anything to prove it.
    If you're that insistent, buy a ticket to Rzeszów and sign up. It's the closest public access airfield to Ukraine. They'd find something for you to do.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a lot of doubts despite how people want to believe the poor Russians and Belarusians are oppressed. They still love their leaders.

Do NOT trust what is said by civilians in a dictatorship. They will either refuse to comment or toe the party line because they don't want a bullet in their head or spend years in a cell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Do NOT trust what is said by civilians in a dictatorship. They will either refuse to comment or toe the party line because they don't want a bullet in their head or spend years in a cell.
    Not to mention that both of those are the same video article, just one posted on youtube, and they're talking about Putin memorabilia.

That's like saying that US overwhelmingly supports Trump because a lot of MAGA shit gets bought. Like... no, sorry, it's just that a minority of the population spends far more than is sane simply in order to proclaim their lack of common sense.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I truly believe if the Russian people cared at large, they would have Ghadaffi'd Putin by now.

People really underestimate Putin's genuine approval rating in Russia itself. He's not as hated and fakely liked as it seems.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Not to mention that both of those are the same video article, just one posted on youtube, and they're talking about Putin memorabilia.

That's like saying that US overwhelmingly supports Trump because a lot of MAGA shit gets bought. Like... no, sorry, it's just that a minority of the population spends far more than is sane simply in order to proclaim their lack of common sense.
    lol I just realised they're both NBC

- - - Updated - - -

I truly believe if the Russian people cared at large, they would have Ghadaffi'd Putin by now.

People really underestimate Putin's genuine approval rating in Russia itself. He's not as hated and fakely liked as it seems.
    It took 30+ years to get rid of Gadaffi, also people in Syria hate Assad but he was holding on even before Russia came to the rescue. 1917 style revolts are rare, it is even rarer for them to work

Not to mention Putin has his own private SS of 200,000 strong that is entirely separate from the military.

- - - Updated - - -

A Russian diplomat to the UN in Geneva has quit over the war, and he doesn't exactly hold back. He knows that he will be called a traitor back home and that he believes, for now, that most officials in the Russian Foreign Ministry support the 'special operation.'

- - - Updated - - -

Russia's confirmed loses are just about to hit 4000 vehicles and units of heavy equipment, including almost 700 tanks. It may be why, reportedly, they are pulling T-62s out of storage to equip reserve BTG units with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Russia's confirmed loses are just about to hit 4000 vehicles and units of heavy equipment, including almost 700 tanks. It may be why, reportedly, they are pulling T-62s out of storage to equip reserve BTG units with.
    I wonder how those will fare against modern Javelins

10+ Year Old Account
    why are people convinced Lukashenko is looking over the shoulder for Putin? He's like one of his few actual friends.
    KEKW

Lukashenko is now walking a very thin line between not getting directly involved in Ukraine while still appeasing his big brother. This is yet another round in his game of survival he leads for 4 decades soon.

On cameras he's Putin's biggest chap, but in reality he shits bricks over being stuck in this shit and curses Putin for dragging him in.

Poorly. But I don't think they are going to the frontline - it sounds like reserve units will be equipped with them, while the more modern tanks that they previously had will be sent to the front instead.

that's lying then. To be honest with you, off the topic of Putler for a moment, I've been very eyeful of this Zelenksy character.

He's won the favor of the entire world and was even named person of the year. If/when this war ends favorably for him, I just really want to believe he goes down the road of a real champion than suddenly betraying everyone's trust and/or going bad.

He's had plenty of faults before Ukraine that people are overlooking at the moment.
    You watch waaaaaaaaaaaay too much Pro-Wrestling.

On the topic of Lukashenko, he warned today (only a few hours ago) that WW3 is going to happen if the West doesn't stop supporting Ukraine

https://www.newsweek.com/alexander-l...supply-1709349

The article headlines he's not afraid of Putin or anything like that. He's his closest ally.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

10+ Year Old Account
    He's his closest ally sycophant.
    Fixed that for you.

Also, why do you always fall for obvious propaganda?

(Narrator: That was a rhetorical question.)

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

On the topic of Lukashenko, he warned today (only a few hours ago) that WW3 is going to happen if the West doesn't stop supporting Ukraine

The article headlines he's not afraid of Putin or anything like that. He's his closest ally.
    They've been spouting that BS for months and guess what, it hasn't happened yet. Its just mindless drivel put out to try and influence the weak minded. (Guess what, it works.)

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Also, why do you always fall for obvious propaganda?

(Narrator: That was a rhetorical question.)
    it'd just be bluster like with NK...if Putin hasn't proven himself by attempting genocide out in the open as he has in 2022.

That's why I take everything he and his cronies say seriously. He's proven how dangerous and evil he is.

They'll make a great bbq of the crew like all their other tanks. Since even the carl gustaf 84mm blows all their new stuff up. Javelin even more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

10+ Year Old Account
    it'd just be bluster like with NK...if Putin hasn't proven himself by attempting genocide out in the open as he has in 2022.

That's why I take everything he and his cronies say seriously. He's proven how dangerous and evil he is.
    So in the absence of critical thinking skills, you'll just... buy into all of the propaganda?

That's certainly... a take.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Lukashenko said something, must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Lukashenko said something, must be true.
    He'd say anything to get made a Soviet Colonel like he has always wanted to be.

Or maybe do anything....

Just call me 'Daddy, Luka.

Yes Daddy.
    Last edited by Corvus; 2022-05-24 at 04:22 AM.

That weekly WW3 warning. Russia can't take and hold Donbass, let alone start any meaningful war against the West.

Lobbing nukes get's them nothing, except incoming nukes. Putin's self preservation task does not allign with nukes hitting Russia.

But it scared you again didnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Russia can't hold Donbas
    Confused about this. Zelenksy complained today Donbas was a Russian fortress compared to what equipment and manpower he has at the moment.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/05/23/7348087/
    Last edited by YUPPIE; 2022-05-24 at 04:55 AM.