Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ahhh YESSS. Thank god the scousers didn't win it. Would be nice to see them lose the UCL final, but I think they will win. At least the quad is off.

What an end to the season though, edge of the seat stuff. Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Ahhh YESSS. Thank god the scousers didn't win it. Would be nice to see them lose the UCL final, but I think they will win. At least the quad is off.

What an end to the season though, edge of the seat stuff. Insane.
    It's pretty grim that United have fallen this far from grace, where their fans are cheering their local rivals on.

As much as I love Palace, I cba to hope for another London team to fail. It's just a little pathetic to want that.

Because at that point I'm just happy that someone else is upset? I'll pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's pretty grim that United have fallen this far from grace, where their fans are cheering their local rivals on.
    Honestly, after the way City won the league their first time, we're completely desensitised to it. The rivalry isn't established anywhere near the way the Liverpool one is. They're just the local kids who use to be adorable to watch punch up, now suddenly they got a rich sugar daddy and are throwing swag around while it lasts.

Seeing Liverpool lose is a rivalry that spans half a century, and goes beyond football into historical grievances between the two cities. Frankly, if it's not us City are beating for the league, we really don't care that they did it.

They still can't win a Champions League to save their skin, and that's hilarious.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Honestly, after the way City won the league their first time, we're completely desensitised to it. The rivalry isn't established anywhere near the way the Liverpool one is. They're just the local kids who use to be adorable to watch punch up, now suddenly they got a rich sugar daddy and are throwing swag around while it lasts.

Seeing Liverpool lose is a rivalry that spans half a century, and goes beyond football into historical grievances between the two cities. Frankly, if it's not us City are beating for the league, we really don't care that they did it.

They still can't win a Champions League to save their skin, and that's hilarious.
    I get this. I suppose I’m just desensitised to ALL clubs. Unless my team is winning, I don’t care who does! I do dislike clubs like City, Chelsea and Newcastle, because they’re abominations. They shouldn’t exist. But apart from that, the rest have earned their dues in history.
    Last edited by DingDongKing; 2022-05-22 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Good luck to Leeds tomorrow getting out of the relegation zone and sending Burnley back to the Championship where it belongs.

I'll be cheering for Crystal Palace denying MTD a Europa League spot.
    Wishes granted, at least. Well, from CP. Of course West Ham had to balls it up against Brighton.

I would rather have seen Liverpool win it than City honestly. I know historically our rivalry with Liverpool is a lot bigger but I don't really care so much about what happened 20-30-40 years ago, the sad reality is if City keeps going at this pace they'll surpass us and they're actually from the same city which feels worse. Add to that just the moral aspect where I would rather have a more 'modest' Liverpool side win than Oil-City with all their billions spent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I agree with Zantera. I'd rather have seen Liverpool win it, Klopp has had a lot less funding and still managed to build a pretty decent squad (to put it lightly).
    Last edited by Nerph-; 2022-05-23 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy T View Post
    1) This would have blown over by the summer. Government and Chelsea want quick sale. Roman will walk.
    We'll have a new owner. Tuchel would have signed a new contract. 2)Kounde and Tchouameni will be wearing blue, and 3)Man Utd will be in the Europa League
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    that's some premium grade rank A quality copium you're snorting there buddy, i don't think you fully understand or grasp the severity of the situation that Chelsea are currently in, and the fact that this is going to last as long as peeweedick putin remains in Ukraine means that there's no 'blows over by summer' because nobody knows how long this is gonna last for, furthermore, without sugar daddy roman chelsea have no money, they don't make enough commercially to bankroll themselves unlike man united and others in the league, it's not something they are structured or prepared to take on, and whoever comes after roman leaves, you can bet your ass they will not be investing anywhere near as much as he has done over the decades now.
    Sup

1) https://www.football.london/chelsea-...nment-24042163

2) https://talksport.com/football/11152...r-todd-boehly/

3) https://imgur.com/a/4ArqDKn

More to come...
    Last edited by Tommy T; 2022-05-23 at 08:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    and yet just a few days ago there was multiple, respected sources all saying the same thing, that the government were possibly going to block the deal because of a lack of assurances of where the money would be going from the sale of the club, meaning that as of right now, chelsea cannot conduct any business outside of the scope of what they were already allowed to perform under the government issued license, so i fail to see what you're laughing about, until it's a done deal and is officially recognised by both the FA and the premier league, who have still to perform the owners and directors test might i add, roman abramovich is still the owner of chelsea football club, try again.

and yet just a few days ago there was multiple, respected sources all saying the same thing, that the government were possibly going to block the deal because of a lack of assurances of where the money would be going from the sale of the club, meaning that as of right now, chelsea cannot conduct any business outside of the scope of what they were already allowed to perform under the government issued license, so i fail to see what you're laughing about, until it's a done deal and is officially recognised by both the FA and the premier league, who have still to perform the owners and directors test might i add, roman abramovich is still the owner of chelsea football club, try again.
    Who's snorting copium now?
    Want some of mine? Still got a bit left over.

I don't think anyone takes anything you say seriously.

Especially after the mental gymnastics you keep playing, trying to explain away how Newcastle aren't a state sponsored club.

15+ Year Old Account
    It is a bit scummy that they'd release a 3rd kit just like Saudi's kit.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it's final day. 20 years after the previous final. Against Mourinho who never lost a final. But hey neither did we

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    So it's final day. 20 years after the previous final. Against Mourinho who never lost a final. But hey neither did we
    whats the prize for winning a ps5 and a copy of fifa?

Oh look

https://www.skysports.com/football/n...era-set-to-end

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...rd-Todd-Boehly

wonder how much blood money abramovich will be able to sneak out. can't wait to see who the Chelsea Dock Rats will sign next season

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    whats the prize for winning a ps5 and a copy of fifa?
    Yeah that's about it. IIRC it also comes with a copy of FM.
    But don't care really, it's still a cup and good for Dutch Uefa ranking.

Ah new improved VAR....

10+ Year Old Account
    Three finals, zero goals from open play.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

"Greatest team" of all time lost out on the league and the CL final.

Ouch