Poll: Would you like TCG mounts to be sold in Battlenet shop?

Thread: TCG Mounts

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    unless they were being sold at street value (thousands of dollars).
    I dare say that would be most current owners of anything TCG.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    I dare say that would be most current owners of anything TCG.
    Usually current owners are the street value sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by Phob View Post
    Why does everything have to be fair? Is it really worth devaluing everyone who got the mounts just so you can be happy? If they go into the cash shop they would just be another cash shop mount that literally everyone hates on. And if they put them for more than 25 bucks for old mount models everyone would riot. Why don't you want new mounts? Its because of the value the tcg mounts have currently isn't it?
    People who owned original Tcg codes got their codes devaluated at that time when the dupes were on the market. They paid real money, not golds in the game. Why people who own those mounts are not selling them easyly? Because of their greed.

Everything should be fair because I care the %99,99 of the people, not the %0.01.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrFrag View Post
    Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    In a way, no, because TCG items still have some dumb value and it'll make people "ree" and try to drag court and all shit.

In another way, yes, because TCG items were special, and there were so many various and useful things in it, and it'll make some people "ree". Though, I'd rather see TCG items having a chance to appear in the world than on the store.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    In a way, no, because TCG items still have some dumb value and it'll make people "ree" and try to drag court and all shit.

In another way, yes, because TCG items were special, and there were so many various and useful things in it, and it'll make some people "ree". Though, I'd rather see TCG items having a chance to appear in the world than on the store.
    Except Blizzard no longer has anything to do with the TCG outside of code redemption so the only people it would screw over are the scalpers.

Personal opinion: Screw those people anyway.

Aren't there like hundreds of mounts in the game? Just collect those.
    I wish I had the inspiration to buy the tiger in WoD when it was going for 600k and I had the gold but that doesn't mean I just want it handed out now, if everyone gets one, it loses all value, just look at the anniversary mounts ... most people wouls have cut one of their nuts for a Deathwing mount but since everyone has one, no one is using it.

Let people who were lucky with the TCG or spent thousands of dollars/euros enjoy their ... rareness ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Except Blizzard no longer has anything to do with the TCG outside of code redemption so the only people it would screw over are the scalpers.

Personal opinion: Screw those people anyway.
    Blizzard has everything to do with TCG. They don't have anything to do with the printing, art selection, or TCG sales, the rest is all Blizzard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I mean they can prewarn if Blizzard goes for it so people who owns those tcg mounts can dump them for a price.They would still profit. What is the harm of riding Spectral Tiger or Magic Rooster? Yeah people who got lucky bought for 1.5m or bought for 400k in 2015 will be a bit unhappy but it will make a lot of people happy. People will grind it, play the game then they can have fun with the mount that they desire and explore the wow without flying. I mean it will happen one day, I'm sry for unhappy people but yeah it's the destiny of the game. I will hold my golds for that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Blizzard has everything to do with TCG. They don't have anything to do with the printing, art selection, or TCG sales, the rest is all Blizzard.
    The Imp-in-a-Ball was given to people for BC Classic (can't remember if it was for a 6-month resub thing or something else) and while people threw a fit that their $5k toy was basically given away for free, I don't remember anyone (successfully) trying to sue Blizzard.

Pound sand, op. There are plenty of other things to spend gold on such as:

- Obtaining all profession crafts (easily tens of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all transmogs (potentially hundreds of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all toys (millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all pets (tens of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all achievements (potentially millions of gold required)
    - Old-world item collections (potentially tens of millions of gold required)

Let some things stay unobtainable. No one has it all, and no one will ever have it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Imp-in-a-Ball was given to people for BC Classic (can't remember if it was for a 6-month resub thing or something else) and while people threw a fit that their $5k toy was basically given away for free, I don't remember anyone (successfully) trying to sue Blizzard.
    The Imp-in-a-Ball was a minor thing. I was more hinting at people, and I'm not defending them, it feels like you have a belief that I am, but was hinting at those who have paid thousands, or selling for thousands, in mounts. If Blizzard did this, their bullshit whining and complaints will do as much as they can to ruin it for others I fear. Hence my comment of the "Ree" in the for and against lines.

Putting something on the shop is a good way to remove any and all meaning it has within the game itself. Hell no they shouldn't be put in the shop.

If they were available ingame, maybe, but that'd still be a pointlessly sour note for the people who obtained them previously. A lot of the old models like spectral tiger don't even look good anymore, they'd be better off making a new version available through some other means.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Let some things stay unobtainable. No one has it all, and no one will ever have it all.
    If TCG items were made available, then unobtainable items would slowly be the next, it has a history of snowballing when people want more and more. People don't like digital scarcity, but people also like to feel special with their "Scarab Lord", "Hand of A'dal", "Grand Marshal", or even "Grand Crusader".

Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Putting something on the shop is a good way to remove any and all meaning it has within the game itself. Hell no they shouldn't be put in the shop.

If they were available ingame, maybe, but that'd still be a pointlessly sour note for the people who obtained them previously. A lot of the old models like spectral tiger don't even look good anymore, they'd be better off making a new version available through some other means.
    They didn't get them from a special event. They didn't raid or be number top 100 guild players. Or they didn't get them because they were Blizzcon champions. They simply bought them. There is no feat besides the money that they paid. No work. Will they quit if Blizzard intruduces it? Nah they will still play and they will still ride same mounts.

7+ Year Old Account
    Hello everyone. I was looking for TCG mounts such as Spectral Tiger or Magic Roosters but people who owns them mostly sells those at 60-90m price range. People who actually bought card game of it , yeah they deserve such a price but in 2015 as I recall, there were tons of it in AH(Was a hack or glitch don't recall the details) and Blizzard didn't erased those tcg mounts / pets. It was like 20x tokens back in those days. Now 200-300x tokens. Well it's 2022 and why not sell TCG stuff in the game shop of Battle.net? It's not something like earned from being Glad or being Famed Slayer of XX, or hitting the gong of Ahn'qiraj in 2007. I have gold and I have nothing left to buy. I'm sure most of you feel the same. What to do with the gold? Snipe realms to buy TCG mount you desire or give a possible scammer 6x-9x times a gold cap? Real money / gold whatever it costs it should be in the game shop of Blizzard. What do you think?
    NO! Get your fingers away from my mounts. If you want them, you can still buy cards somewhere. Horrible idea.

What I would like to see though are new mounts via hearthstone boosterpacks as cross promotion for both games. Like 1 new mount per HS expansion.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Pound sand, op. There are plenty of other things to spend gold on such as:

- Obtaining all profession crafts (easily tens of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all transmogs (potentially hundreds of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all toys (millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all pets (tens of millions of gold required)
    - Obtaining all achievements (potentially millions of gold required)
    - Old-world item collections (potentially tens of millions of gold required)

What to do with 150m gold? I have most of the stuff you mention. All tcg pets , all tcg tabards, 5x full tier 3 sets for my mains, 400x mounts. There is nothing left to buy. If they bring this tcg mount option to in game, I could give all tcg mounts a try. We don't know how long WoW is gonna last, at least people would have chance to ride those mounts.It will also keep players occupied in the game so player database reduction rate will get slower as well. Blizzard will introduce those mounts one day in somewhere in game but it's 2022 ''times change'', they should bring it sooner.

Simple answer: NO.
    Long answer: HELL NO! The increase in value is not coming out of the blue. The more time passes, the rarer the availabilty of the mounts/items from the TCG get. Add ingame inflation to that and it makes quiet a lot of sense. Not everything is for everyone (a mentality that applies to pretty much every part of the game anyway!). Weren't there back then to try and get one? Well, too bad. That's just how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    NO! Get your fingers away from my mounts. If you want them, you can still buy cards somewhere. Horrible idea.

What I would like to see though are new mounts via hearthstone boosterpacks as cross promotion for both games. Like 1 new mount per HS expansion.
    No I won't. You can hold it until 2030 maybe you can sell it for 1m$ . Btw you don't own Blizzard or do you ? Because everything in the game basicly owned by Blizzard not by someone else. Regular players seems like not in these forums , only sellers. No worries if Blizzard goes for it, you can try selling it for 1/10 prices. Still you might be at + revenue.

7+ Year Old Account
    No I won't. You can hold it until 2030 maybe you can sell it for 1m$ . Btw you don't own Blizzard or do you ? Because everything in the game basicly owned by Blizzard not by someone else. Regular players seems like not in these forums , only sellers. No worries if Blizzard goes for it, you can try selling it for 1/10 prices. Still you might be at + revenue.
    I got all the tcg mounts I own via real cards and they are already redeemed and used on my account. I CAN'T sell them. And I wouldn't.

My spectral tigers alone cost me like 600 euros back then, so no thank you, I don't want anyone to get them for less.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    I got all the tcg mounts I own via real cards and they are already redeemed and used on my account. I CAN'T sell them. And I wouldn't.

My spectral tigers alone cost me like 600 euros back then, so no thank you, I don't want anyone to get them for less.
    It won't be my or your call.