Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaloff View Post
    it would be cool but honestly seasonal things that goes away after 1 season is such a waste of time and assets, however what can be done is that you get tokens and if you have missed a season, you can by previous seasons rewards with said token. Thus you still would have to work for it but you wouldnt miss out on the stuff.

But in the end i think its enought with the FOMO we have already, in all honestly i would want to see it all gone and old stuff being brought back so you can aquire it again but thats just my opinion on it.
    It's not only that you have 1 season to get, but most of them are just for a small % of players.
    I think in the more than 15 years that I've been playing, I've seen like 3 different people with a gladiator mount, and I don't even remember seeing ever anyone with the "elite" armor sets.

And I agree, it would be great it works something like the Mithic mounts: you still can get them, but you have to be extremely lucky and dedicated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    No it doesn't. In fact, almost every single thing in the game can still be obtained.
    "But then bad players can't get them" is a terrible reason to not make content. Should we remove any raid difficulty that isn't LFR because there are players who can't be bothered to try but still whine on the forums about the game being for the "top 1%"?

WoW needs more FOMO. In fact, all covenant rewards should dissapear after Shadowlands ends. Or at least make worse versions for people who overgear it with the next expansion and use catch-up mechanics to get them, while other people actually did the content for it.
    No, the equivalent would be to not able to do get the mythic raid mounts and the mythic raid sets once the next season starts.
    Or make every cosmetic thing from an expansion unobtainable when the expansion ends.

The question is: Why is there that difference between PvE and PvP rewards?
    Why someone can go and farm a mythic raid from 6 years ago and get the same rewards as someone doing it at its time, but they can't do the same with PvP?
    Last edited by pacotaco; 2022-05-24 at 02:11 PM.

Fuck FOMO.

Fomo shit here

They should definitely add unique armor sets to M+, but they should get moved to a vendor after the season. Then m+ would drop some currency + current set for every season and you could use that currency to "shop" for armors from previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Yes, designing a whole set for 0,1% of people is a good idea.

Honestly, come down from your elitist gatekeeping trip.
    I could also play devil's advocate and say from the other side of the fence that they don't design enough stuff for high end M+ pushers and they should do more. After 20's you have absolutely nothing to play for unless you are going for the 0.1% seasonal title, which is such a big gap of nothing between +20 and that it's ridiculous. There's no incentive for high end players to push keys unless they are one of the best few teams in the world.

I agree that most things should be available for everyone in the game to get, but having a few things every xpac that only people who push the boundaries in high end content can get is also fine. M+ is a barren wasteland in terms of incentives and rewarding activity right now (it's slightly better than it used to be but not by much) and it definitely needs more for the people who want to push.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Millluy View Post
    Fomo shit here
    Remove the FOMO by making the sets available from a vendor that is there forever but you can only buy them if you keep doing high end dungeons, that way you can never miss out but if you want to get them in 10 years you still need to do high end dungeons in 10 years. Easy win.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    They should definitely add unique armor sets to M+, but they should get moved to a vendor after the season. Then m+ would drop some currency + current set for every season and you could use that currency to "shop" for armors from previous seasons.
    Fine if they are recolors or slightly changed ones. By doing this you're basically making so it's simply not worth hunting them during the current season because they will just passively come in your possession.

My point is that they should add both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Remove the FOMO by making the sets available from a vendor that is there forever but you can only buy them if you keep doing high end dungeons, that way you can never miss out but if you want to get them in 10 years you still need to do high end dungeons in 10 years. Easy win.
    Not really feasible due to how M+ is structured. It's periodically reset - they could do something like "reach X rating in any season to unlock, buy with a currency you can farm passively", but i feel it's very much a bandaid. Also, once someone has reached the rating requirement one single time, he would be done forever, even in the future.

Only way a permanent reward can work is in a "bubble", like Mage Tower. Challenge stays the same because you're scaled down to a specific power level.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Not really feasible due to how M+ is structured. It's periodically reset - they could do something like "reach X rating in any season to unlock, buy with a currency you can farm passively", but i feel it's very much a bandaid. Also, once someone has reached the rating requirement one single time, he would be done forever, even in the future.

Only way a permanent reward can work is in a "bubble", like Mage Tower. Challenge stays the same because you're scaled down to a specific power level.
    Nah, you can put different requirements for gear on the same vendor. Just put it so that older gear required x rating lifetime achievement on that character, and the current set (and sets from the same xpac) requires x rating in this season. Nothing unfeasible about it at all. It gives us something to aim for, and it gives us cool sets. I wouldn't be opposed to having scaled down stuff like the Mage Tower so you can go get x rating in previous seasons too, but that sounds like a lot of dev work and it would be fully aids trying to find groups that actually want to do that just for a transmog.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

I could also play devil's advocate and say from the other side of the fence that they don't design enough stuff for high end M+ pushers and they should do more. After 20's you have absolutely nothing to play for unless you are going for the 0.1% seasonal title, which is such a big gap of nothing between +20 and that it's ridiculous. There's no incentive for high end players to push keys unless they are one of the best few teams in the world.
    Yeah I think this is probably also like the real world where people don't realize how high the gaps are between the top 10%, top 1% and top .1%. Meaning that a top 1% player is immensely better than a top 10% player, and a top .1% player is immensely better than a 1% player. The only place where this is super obvious is probably pvp where there are people good enough to solo carry 3s teams pretty high.

So there are some big dead zones! Like 20 keys right now are the easiest they have ever been in recent memory, even easier than during the corruption era in BFA imo. And there's nothing really to strive for (other than getting it on alts, i suppose) since the leap to the title is insane

Completing a Mythic 0 should give you the portal.

All 10s giving the mount.

Extend seasonal title to Top 10 of each spec.

I wouldn't mind FOMO as much if a year afterwards they appeared on the shop like FFXIV. Then it becomes a win-win... you show off for a year by the time any ol' scrub could buy it you've already unlocked the next season or the one after.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Are you really going to try to bring out definitions on this?

Then the definition for casual that gets closest to in terms of games is "a person who does something irregularly."

Playing weekly isn't irregular.
    Nor is casual just a measurement of time.

I could go bowling every few days with friends casually.

But I could also go bowling once a week competitively.

It's also about what kind of content is being done. Mythic isn't casual, nor is doing 20s. The amount of time invested to get to that point is extreme (which you keep ignoring). A world first guild doesn't become a casual guild just because they take a break from raiding.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not just talking about gear wise though.

Like I'm 275 on my paladin. Am I going to smoothly tank +20s and higher just because I've done all 15s? No. I'm sure I could but it would take more effort than I care to put in right now, and it would take more experience.

Honestly though I'd have to agree with other users that m+ needs more lower rewards. The mount is really supposed to be the real reward for everyone, or the ports if you want to get that far. The title exists for the top .1%

But people getting to 300-400 rating aren't getting anything. Scattering an armor set like pvp does through the rankings would work fine in my opinion.
    I can't really agree with more lower rewards... the affix system doesn't even fully turn on till a 10 then it is just 5 levels to go till a mount.

The pvp equivalent for an elite set would maybe be all 18s?

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    It's not only that you have 1 season to get, but most of them are just for a small % of players.
    I think in the more than 15 years that I've been playing, I've seen like 3 different people with a gladiator mount, and I don't even remember seeing ever anyone with the "elite" armor sets.

And I agree, it would be great it works something like the Mithic mounts: you still can get them, but you have to be extremely lucky and dedicated.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the equivalent would be to not able to do get the mythic raid mounts and the mythic raid sets once the next season starts.
    Or make every cosmetic thing from an expansion unobtainable when the expansion ends.

The question is: Why is there that difference between PvE and PvP rewards?
    Why someone can go and farm a mythic raid from 6 years ago and get the same rewards as someone doing it at its time, but they can't do the same with PvP?
    Aye, they should definetly make it easier for the general population to get nice rewards, it honestly could benefit all i think (aside from those with ego the size of a air balloon).

Ive seen some glad mounts from time to time but man its been years for example i saw someone with elite cata sets for example. It would be nice for such items to have a chance to be used again, beacuse lets be real, most of the people who earned these rewards quit the game long time ago and bringing back old stuff would blow life into the game again. Id love to get my hands on Anathema/Benediction (blizzard removed these in cata launch for no good reason), same with old naxx stuff like the Nerubian Slavemaker. But sadly blizzard dont see value in evergreen content, hell they hardly see value in the tiny % players either for that matter.

so... like the original mythic dungeon system?
    the one from Warlords of Draenor.
    where you could get medals based on how quickly you completed the dungeon, and collecting all silver or all gold would grant you an achievement which gave you access to a transmog vendor with class specific gear.

yeah, that system was pretty good, did need some fine tuning, and could use some future proofing, but it wasn't bad.
    if they made it locked in terms of level and stats so it's purely skill based and not gear based they could keep it active even past the expansion and still be viable.
    and they could tweak/finetune it more easily over time.

Nah, you can put different requirements for gear on the same vendor. Just put it so that older gear required x rating lifetime achievement on that character, and the current set (and sets from the same xpac) requires x rating in this season. Nothing unfeasible about it at all. It gives us something to aim for, and it gives us cool sets. I wouldn't be opposed to having scaled down stuff like the Mage Tower so you can go get x rating in previous seasons too, but that sounds like a lot of dev work and it would be fully aids trying to find groups that actually want to do that just for a transmog.
    Yea, a MT treatment for M+ won't be possible without huge work which is not really worth - i like the idea of the different requirements, it could work and i didn't think about that. Still like more the idea of having the sets to be different; i don't have any issue about not being able to get some cosmetics, but its personal preference at this point.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Ofc if they move to make old M+ (and eventually not M+) evergreen through some form of Timewalking, there wouldn't have to be any FOMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    so... like the original mythic dungeon system?
    the one from Warlords of Draenor.
    where you could get medals based on how quickly you completed the dungeon, and collecting all silver or all gold would grant you an achievement which gave you access to a transmog vendor with class specific gear.

yeah, that system was pretty good, did need some fine tuning, and could use some future proofing, but it wasn't bad.
    if they made it locked in terms of level and stats so it's purely skill based and not gear based they could keep it active even past the expansion and still be viable.
    and they could tweak/finetune it more easily over time.
    The original system was called CM(Challenge Mode), and it was introduced with MoP, not WoD. It was locked in terms of level and stats. They explained why they didn't carry it over each expansion because dungeons were tuned for the class design of the expansion. With how class design gets shuffled about, it would've led to them having to constantly retune CMs with each expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The original system was called CM(Challenge Mode), and it was introduced with MoP, not WoD. It was locked in terms of level and stats. They explained why they didn't carry it over each expansion because dungeons were tuned for the class design of the expansion. With how class design gets shuffled about, it would've led to them having to constantly retune CMs with each expansion.
    a, yeah, sorry. i skipped MoP entirely so i didn't experience that system till WoD.
    as for their reasoning to why they don't do it anymore or keep it active for only 1 expansion.
    those are pretty shit reasons tbf.
    don't get me wrong, i realize full well the time and effort it takes to keep a system like that balanced and relevant. especially when they add disruptive new abilities each expansion that would warrant a rebalancing, if not a complete overhaul of older content to make it viable.
    but their excuse basically boils down to "we don't want to put in he effort to make content that lasts for longer then 1 expansion."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Short View Post
    a, yeah, sorry. i skipped MoP entirely so i didn't experience that system till WoD.
    as for their reasoning to why they don't do it anymore or keep it active for only 1 expansion.
    those are pretty shit reasons tbf.
    don't get me wrong, i realize full well the time and effort it takes to keep a system like that balanced and relevant. especially when they add disruptive new abilities each expansion that would warrant a rebalancing, if not a complete overhaul of older content to make it viable.
    but their excuse basically boils down to "we don't want to put in he effort to make content that lasts for longer then 1 expansion."
    Oh, I quite agree with you. MoP CM sets are also some of the best looking sets in the game imo, which only further adds to my frustration with them being impossible to unlock now. So many good things get thrown away with each new expansion, it really is a shame sometimes when it comes to really cool stuff like artifact weapons and CM unlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.