Thread: V Rising

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    After now completing the game it was definitely fun, and if you pvp or really enjoy base building/designing you'd probably have a ton of things to do.

Will definitely be looking forward to updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    After now completing the game it was definitely fun, and if you pvp or really enjoy base building/designing you'd probably have a ton of things to do.

Will definitely be looking forward to updates.
    It does look fun but also looks incredibly grindy, which would be a slight turn off for me. Was this your experience?
    ~steppin large and laughin easy~

Quote Originally Posted by SirReal View Post
    It does look fun but also looks incredibly grindy, which would be a slight turn off for me. Was this your experience?
    No more or less than any other survival game, so if you don't like the grind of other survival games you likely won't like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    No more or less than any other survival game, so if you don't like the grind of other survival games you likely won't like this one.
    Does the game have console commands on private servers a'la arc/ fallout 4 console/sims console? I enjoy base building and making cool things in survival games, but the actual farming of materials is next to being burned alive in a vat of acid and I prefer to just spawn stuff in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    30 seconds after looking at game review - the character and camera movement is THE CLUNK, another indie amateur hour unrefined garbage, skip.
    it really is. i catch myself wanting to lower the camera to the point of seeing my character in third person perspective like in WoW, so that i can see further whats in front of me.
    also not being able to jump over some shit is quite annoying.

really if this game wasnt top down view it would be GREAT
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    it really is. i catch myself wanting to lower the camera to the point of seeing my character in third person perspective like in WoW, so that i can see further whats in front of me.

Not sure what the problem seems to be?
    I had no problem with the camera or perspective whatsoever. I don't even think there is much to improve.
    This doesn't seem much different from the top down shooters or bullet hells I've been playing, if it even is different in the first place.

Either way, the game doesn't seem to have any situations whatsoever where you fight against the camera.

I have more problems with the "tank-controls" when you "drive" a horse.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2022-05-24 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    Does the game have console commands on private servers a'la arc/ fallout 4 console/sims console? I enjoy base building and making cool things in survival games, but the actual farming of materials is next to being burned alive in a vat of acid and I prefer to just spawn stuff in.
    yes, you can give yourself every mat you would, teleport around, all that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Game is fine imo not great. I wish the blood system was set up a little better like instead of losing 49% bruiser if you need to feed and only have a 10% around maybe just drop the percentage by like 5% or something. Would also be cool to get customization unlocks from feeding from people/things. I do like how you can make it crazy hard or easy if you want. A campaign with different maps might have been cool too.

You can technically play offline atm if you host a world and have it loaded then disconnect from the internet. Your game even saves if you log out while offline. Not sure why they decided to require a connection to load a game.
    I've noticed a lot of the problems players have with the game are often just fixed later in the game. The blood mechanic is meant to be a hurdle that you overcome. You eventually get prison cells, and you bring charmed prisoners so you can harvest their blood over and over. I'm not even in full upgraded tier 3 of gear and I've got 30 vials of 100% rogue blood, 15 vials of 100 %brute blood, 20 vials of 100% warrior blood and 10 of worker/scholar blood. I basically never have blood that isn't 100% because of this mechanic.

Also when you set up a private/community custom server of your own, the advanced options are ROBUST. You can change most mechanics in the game. You can make your natural blood drain 50% as fast, or 200% as fast as normal. You can double or even quintuple loot drops. I highly suggest people curate their experience using these settings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I have no idea how you're supposed to get the next stage of weapons. In order to get silver weapons you gotta jump through what appears to be some crazy hoops against HORDES of enemies that out stat you. I watched some dudes video, and sure it was easy when you already have a full set of the weapons and armor, but I need to see how it was done the first time.
    Basically the same way you got iron, use the tools you have (rat form and whatnot) to make your way to the nodes, farm them, and go make your stuff before taking on stuff of that tier. Yes, I realize iron tier mobs weren't so hard with copper, but they were still somewhat difficult before you had iron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeepBoo View Post
    When you make your own server, you can make mobs drop 5x loot and resources give 5x yield, as well as half the cost of production and 1/5 the construction time. As I said, the baked in advanced settings for setting up your own server are super robust.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2022-05-25 at 01:21 AM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

I checked the game for 2 hrs with my friend yesterday... and want much more now. Really enjoyed it.
    Really good thing is that you can manipulate all drops that is awesome if you do not want mindlessly grind 50k stone or wood.
    Game looks very polished for early access state for really fair price.
    It is like 80% Valheim and 20% Lost Ark (or other aRPG).

30 seconds after looking at game review - the character and camera movement is THE CLUNK, another indie amateur hour unrefined garbage, skip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post

Not sure where you guys see problem here.
    I expected to see my character 'only from 1 side' as it was in other aRPG's but you can move camera freely around.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played for about 6 and a half hours now and i find the game super boring. Much rather be playing Valheim or even 7 days to die.

Fun game but me and my friend group largely ran out of things to do in about a week (40 hours of gameplay or so? we played a lot lol). Definitely worth the $20 or so for what it has now. Hopefully they'll keep adding more stuff. Siege on pvp servers is absolutely ridiculous and they'll need to fix that if they want people to actually play those servers. Golems are easy to make and they rip through walls like they're nothing

Its neat but runs like absolute dogshit on my computer for some reason. Shame but honestly even if it didn't i think if i want survival and crafting something like Vintage Story is more my thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well shit, 1 million copies sold:

Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

So how long till Stunlock abandons this game too?

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty god damn good crafting feels robust and useful
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Got a server with friends, great game. It's Moba-Valheim.
    I don't know why people keep saying this. It is nothing like valheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    I don't know why people keep saying this. It is nothing like valheim.
    It's a somewhat challenging survival game with decent crafting and bosses. It's a lot more like valheim than it is like other survival games.

Thats why people keep saying. The general gameplay loop is pretty similar.

What's garbage here is your "comment".

The game might not be for everyone, but I think it's fantastic. So does SkillUp.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    It's a somewhat challenging survival game with decent crafting and bosses. It's a lot more like valheim than it is like other survival games.

Thats why people keep saying. The general gameplay loop is pretty similar.
    That's like saying it's like Minecraft because you can craft, survive and defeat bosses. One is a third person survival game, viking themed. The other is a top-down action RPG with crafting elements and a vampire theme... they're not alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    That's like saying it's like Minecraft because you can craft, survive and defeat bosses. One is a third person survival game, viking themed. The other is a top-down action RPG with crafting elements and a vampire theme... they're not alike.
    No...
    They are alike because they have tier'd zones, with unique materials to each zone, there are minibosses and bosses that keep each zone. You have to craft each zones gear to effectively challenge the bosses and move on, hence "tiers".
    So they both have similar crafting systems, tailored ultimately towards combat.
    Build x crafting station/equipment to get to y crafting station/equipment to get to z crafting station/equipment.
    They both have tiered content and bosses to get through.
    Both have base building that ultimately serves the combat crafting.
    They have limited "creative" building, IE it isn't completely freeform. You are either building dracula's castle, or you are building a viking longhouse style building. Sure you can get crazy, but they are openly "creative".
    Both highlight exploration.

So one is a top down MOBA style survival game with strong exploration and combat and a vampire theme.
    And the other is a first person/third person survival game with strong exploration and combat and a Viking theme.

It's like comparing MGS 1 and MGS 3, one is top down and more tactical, the other is 3rd person and more of an action shooter. What goes on in the background is very similar. Mario and Sonic if that's easier for you.

If VRising were 3rd person, you'd be saying it's Valheim with character abilities. So yes they are very similar, I think you are just getting hung up from the view you play the game from.