Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    What matters is the building blocks tool and how it is made, you dont have one single idea on how the tool actually works, you dont know if they are not currently using HTML/CSS already within building blocks or not so you are completely ignorant of the actual tool you are claiming is terrible, you have lost the argument the moment you made up assumptions on how the tool actually works.
    It doesn't.

There is a reason why nothing has even come close for 30 years to a point nearly every human being on this planet used html&css that owns some kind of personal computer including smartphones. There is a reason why it gets adapted for desktop apps, mobile apps, embedded apps, 3d rendering and pretty much every other rendering mechanism - because its best and lightyears ahead of everything else.

And you try to argue that couple of dudes from one company has made something better in couple years LEMAO.

Yes we know they are not using html&css from the screenshot. Their inspector is made in C# that is just bootleg chromium inspector. Unless they literally remade chromium inspector in which case it would be even worse lol.
    Last edited by kaminaris; 2022-05-22 at 06:42 PM.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

He didnt provide 1 single crumb of anything that could be considered proof, so you dont need to lie, he claimed without one shred of evidence that the tool he suggested is a god compared to anything CiG have made. You need to be better at getting actual factual data because you are just embarrassing yourself at this point.

He doesnt even know how the CiG building block tool even works, the star citizen building blocks tool not only does UI features, it does a hell of alot more for the development of the game so that alone makes it superior, combined with actual instances of each tool being used.
    He did and he continues to explain it in far greater detail than it obviously appears you will EVER understand other than coming back here replying to me and crying about it's in the game. Which, I almost guarantee, you no jack shit about.

You don't know how it works at all other than "it's in the game and it's superior!!!" despite no knowledge of anything on your end. Link shit.

But you won't because you know what I said is true.

Oh, by the way, pretty embarrassing trying to turn what I said back on around. Further proof (hey, you finally provided some) that you lack any creativity.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    It doesn't.

There is a reason why nothing has even come close for 30 years to a point nearly every human being on this planet used html&css that owns some kind of personal computer including smartphones. There is a reason why it gets adapted for desktop apps, mobile apps, embedded apps, 3d rendering and pretty much every other rendering mechanism - because its best and lightyears ahead of everything else.

And you try to argue that couple of dudes from one company has made something better in couple years LEMAO.

Yes we know they are not using html&css from the screenshot. Their inspector is made in C# that is just bootleg chromium inspector. Unless they literally remade chromium inspector in which case it would be even worse lol.
    A screenshot proves nothing, its doesnt show how the tool actually works, you are unable to prove how the tool works so you are always going to be wrong about everything you say about it.

You will never be able to prove your tool is better because you dont have proof that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    He did and he continues to explain it in far greater detail than it obviously appears you will EVER understand other than coming back here replying to me and crying about it's in the game. Which, I almost guarantee, you no jack shit about.

You don't know how it works at all other than "it's in the game and it's superior!!!" despite no knowledge of anything on your end. Link shit.

But you won't because you know what I said is true.

Oh, by the way, pretty embarrassing trying to turn what I said back on around. Further proof (hey, you finally provided some) that you lack any creativity.
    He didnt prove anything, there is no proof showing how the building blocks tool is actually developed or how it actually works.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-05-22 at 11:54 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

A screenshot proves nothing, its doesnt show how the tool actually works, you are unable to prove how the tool works so you are always going to be wrong about everything you say about it.

You will never be able to prove your tool is better because you dont have proof that it is.

- - - Updated - - -

He didnt prove anything, there is no proof showing how the building blocks tool is actually developed or how it actually works.
    Note: Kenn has provided nothing on CiG's tool, just makes claims about it being superior. Lolz.

- - - Updated - - -

There is a long ass section showing how they are designing their UI lol, either you didn't watch the vid or you have no idea what you saw. Which is pretty obvious when someone with zero programming knowledge watches a video explaining dev tools lol.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    I got a question, to MrAnderson and Kenn, but everyone can answer of course:

- What would need to happen, what even or series of events, decisions, etc for you to change your stance on SC? To change it 180 degree.

They would need to stop receiving the marketing payments
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Im not the one making a claim about a tool they know nothing about, you cant claim something is superior without actually knowing everything about each tool, my judgement of the tool is what is actually in each of the games that use the tools.

SC is superior with just the basic facts that is does multiple things compared to coherant labs tool which is focused on one thing.
    I swear to God, you just can’ make this shit up, it’s a gold mine.

You could just debate yourself and you would still lose... and some people still feel surprise how much money CiG keeps printing, it’s like taking a lollipop from a very, very special sort of baby.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    There is a long ass section showing how they are designing their UI lol, either you didn't watch the vid or you have no idea what you saw. Which is pretty obvious when someone with zero programming knowledge watches a video explaining dev tools lol.
    You have not used the tool so you dont actually know how it works so you are always going to be wrong about it because you dont actually know anything about the tool you are claiming is not good at all, you will never win this argument because you have not used the tool.

you will never win this argument because you have not used the tool
    Neither have you so...?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Neither have you so...?
    A multi tool is always going to be better than a tool that can only do one thing, also a tool is designed for a game for a purpose so it will suit that games development needs.

A multi tool is always going to be better than a tool that can only do one thing, also a tool is designed for a game for a purpose so it will suit that games development needs.
    That’s incorrect, and will remain incorrect regardless the amount of times you repeat it.

I'm pretty sure a tool that specializes in ONE thing, is usually better in that ONE thing than a tool that specializes in everything. Jack of all trades, master of none, you know.
    A restaurant that specializes in Sushi, is very, very likely to be WAY better than a restaurant that also offers Pizza, Kebap, Burgers and whatnot. Same principle applies to... kinda everything.

The main point is, you continuosly claim "everyone is wrong cause theyh ave not used the tool" yet you haven't either. So unless you work for the company and specifically with this tool, everything you say is just "i think so, so it's right" which isn't helpful in discussing development (tbh, i already forgot what the tool is even used for at this point, as it's just what feels like 10 pages back and forth "you haven't used" "nu uh, you haven't!")

You still haven't used it yourself. So how do you know it's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    You still haven't used it yourself. So how do you know it's good?
    The devs told him so. He believes everything they say.

- - - Updated - - -

He did. You just flat out ignore everything unless it says "Star Citizen" "is" and "amazing" even in posts that trash the game, that's all you see. So if you cannot provide proof, guess what slick? Star Citizens' toolkit is junk and shitty since you cannot prove it's superior.

You can actually admit that you may be wrong. You might even get a little respect back for admitting that.
    Just don't reply to me. Please. If you can help it.

You have not used the tool so you dont actually know how it works so you are always going to be wrong about it because you dont actually know anything about the tool you are claiming is not good at all, you will never win this argument because you have not used the tool.
    Have you seen video or not? Did you understand it? One of the answers is no.
    Ship has been abandoned.
    ---

NextUI for XIV

A post from Spectrum

I have seen the ads on YouTube and after playing over the last few days Im baffled as to how anyone could present the current experience with any sort of proudness that those adverts seem to portray. The current playability of the game is the worst Ive seen for years. Heres some of the issues Ive been hit with over the last couple weeks or so

• Desync still a mess so all combat is a super janky experience that is far far below a minimum standard of playability.
    • C2 elevator teleporting again
    • Station elevators not spawning in
    • Station elevator doors opening and being presented with a wall
    • Clipping through walls and floors seems to be more prevalent
    • Inventory system is a chore, moving items is unreliable with rubber banding everywhere, buying and selling unreliable. Quick sell is the most ironic button in gaming right now
    • Ships randomly exploding
    • Star map seems to be degrading again
    • Client crashes are a thing again now, for some people they're an hourly occurrence (lost a 400k load of diamond just this evening)
    • 30k's, while not as bad as they have been, are very much back
    • Trading terminals for cargo running don't work reliably
    • Package missions dont complete with packages vanishing mid travel sometimes
    • Cant deposit boxes into terminals reliably
    • Bunker missions still dont work correctly, cant complete missions
    • Bunker enemies still teleporting around
    • Cant reliably equip or switch weapons. Rubber banding or items getting stuck in your hands
    • Looting mechanics dont work reliably
    • Sometimes cant consume food or drink
    • Mining still having issues with various elements of the mechanics
    • Landed ships can "spaz out" and flip over, float, or do all sorts of weird and wonderful things
    • Several ships have issues with internal systems not working properly, like elevators or weapons racks.
    • Millions in aUEC randomly vanishing
    • ASOP terminals unreliable, often cant claim ships or retrieve them
    • Global chat completely not working
    • Friends list vanishing
    • Cant create or maintain parties
    • Party pips not showing up
    • Getting random crime stats
    • Being scanned by security and getting an incorrect result that Im carrying illegal cargo
    • Being scanned by security mid combat
    • NPC ships ramming all the time, and ramming is now a tactic used to help ships like Auroras defeat any other ship in 1 hit.
    • Cant adjust missile count so can only fire 1 at a time
    • ATC requires multiple attempts to give me a landing spot or let me take off
    • The landing indicator often doesnt appear, which makes landing a places like Orison difficult and make PO a wonderful game of dodge the parking fine. #
    • Elevators smacking people through walls, killing them or punting them out into space
    • Ive seen complaints of headless people again, and loss of hud
    • People have spawned in klesher without a multitool
    • People have spawned in klesher in full armour
    • Fan code in klesher not working properly
    • Cant hold hacking chips in your hand properly
    • Walking out from hab in oustposts causes the player to "take a hit", which can cause a downed state, steps can still be an issue.
    • Internal ship elevators not working, 400i and raft are 2 notable offenders (luckily both have a side hatch you can jump from, coincidence?)
    • Cant interact with weapon racks in ships, or weapons dont stay in these racks when you store them
    • Cant equip missiles from inventory to ships.
    • Bunker turrets incorrectly firing at you as you approach, sometimes this is invisible meaning you dont notice unless you happen to spot your shields taking damage
    • Character randomly dropping dead
    • Cant reliably spawn more than 1 ship at a time.
    • If leaving a parent ship in a vehicle, the parent ship often incorrectly despawns, potentially leaving you stranded.
    • Get thrown through the wall when attempting to leave a bed in a hab, most notably at microtech
    • Cant dock to refuel with Starfarer
    • Tractor beam not retrieving mined minerals correctly.
    • Long waiting queue to get into servers
    • Load into the game and all your money has gone.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but this is the 3.17.1 experience for me. A lot of these issues are far more game breaking for new players than veterans that are somewhat used to this sort of stuff. Ive been trying to assist new players in the verse with mixed results. There is literally no part of the game untouched by multiple bugs that make sustained playing sessions impossible for me. I keep dropping in and out, but man its a tough play. 3.17 in general has probably been the worst patch in recent memory, so bad Ive not even talked about it amongst friends as they would laugh in my face if I managed to convince them it was worth trying.

This been the most popular event of Star Citizen with record breaking players clogging the servers.

I've had the 0 credits bug but going back to menu and logging back again seems to fix it.

Nice Squadron 42 sneak peak in the Scorpius trailer:

Looking good!

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post
    A post from Spectrum

I have seen the ads on YouTube and after playing over the last few days Im baffled as to how anyone could present the current experience with any sort of proudness that those adverts seem to portray. The current playability of the game is the worst Ive seen for years. Heres some of the issues Ive been hit with over the last couple weeks or so

• Desync still a mess so all combat is a super janky experience that is far far below a minimum standard of playability.
    • C2 elevator teleporting again
    • Station elevators not spawning in
    • Station elevator doors opening and being presented with a wall
    • Clipping through walls and floors seems to be more prevalent
    • Inventory system is a chore, moving items is unreliable with rubber banding everywhere, buying and selling unreliable. Quick sell is the most ironic button in gaming right now
    • Ships randomly exploding
    • Star map seems to be degrading again
    • Client crashes are a thing again now, for some people they're an hourly occurrence (lost a 400k load of diamond just this evening)
    • 30k's, while not as bad as they have been, are very much back
    • Trading terminals for cargo running don't work reliably
    • Package missions dont complete with packages vanishing mid travel sometimes
    • Cant deposit boxes into terminals reliably
    • Bunker missions still dont work correctly, cant complete missions
    • Bunker enemies still teleporting around
    • Cant reliably equip or switch weapons. Rubber banding or items getting stuck in your hands
    • Looting mechanics dont work reliably
    • Sometimes cant consume food or drink
    • Mining still having issues with various elements of the mechanics
    • Landed ships can "spaz out" and flip over, float, or do all sorts of weird and wonderful things
    • Several ships have issues with internal systems not working properly, like elevators or weapons racks.
    • Millions in aUEC randomly vanishing
    • ASOP terminals unreliable, often cant claim ships or retrieve them
    • Global chat completely not working
    • Friends list vanishing
    • Cant create or maintain parties
    • Party pips not showing up
    • Getting random crime stats
    • Being scanned by security and getting an incorrect result that Im carrying illegal cargo
    • Being scanned by security mid combat
    • NPC ships ramming all the time, and ramming is now a tactic used to help ships like Auroras defeat any other ship in 1 hit.
    • Cant adjust missile count so can only fire 1 at a time
    • ATC requires multiple attempts to give me a landing spot or let me take off
    • The landing indicator often doesnt appear, which makes landing a places like Orison difficult and make PO a wonderful game of dodge the parking fine. #
    • Elevators smacking people through walls, killing them or punting them out into space
    • Ive seen complaints of headless people again, and loss of hud
    • People have spawned in klesher without a multitool
    • People have spawned in klesher in full armour
    • Fan code in klesher not working properly
    • Cant hold hacking chips in your hand properly
    • Walking out from hab in oustposts causes the player to "take a hit", which can cause a downed state, steps can still be an issue.
    • Internal ship elevators not working, 400i and raft are 2 notable offenders (luckily both have a side hatch you can jump from, coincidence?)
    • Cant interact with weapon racks in ships, or weapons dont stay in these racks when you store them
    • Cant equip missiles from inventory to ships.
    • Bunker turrets incorrectly firing at you as you approach, sometimes this is invisible meaning you dont notice unless you happen to spot your shields taking damage
    • Character randomly dropping dead
    • Cant reliably spawn more than 1 ship at a time.
    • If leaving a parent ship in a vehicle, the parent ship often incorrectly despawns, potentially leaving you stranded.
    • Get thrown through the wall when attempting to leave a bed in a hab, most notably at microtech
    • Cant dock to refuel with Starfarer
    • Tractor beam not retrieving mined minerals correctly.
    • Long waiting queue to get into servers
    • Load into the game and all your money has gone.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, but this is the 3.17.1 experience for me. A lot of these issues are far more game breaking for new players than veterans that are somewhat used to this sort of stuff. Ive been trying to assist new players in the verse with mixed results. There is literally no part of the game untouched by multiple bugs that make sustained playing sessions impossible for me. I keep dropping in and out, but man its a tough play. 3.17 in general has probably been the worst patch in recent memory, so bad Ive not even talked about it amongst friends as they would laugh in my face if I managed to convince them it was worth trying.
    10 years later and 500 million later that is what superior development and best space sim game out there should be EXACTLY! Am I right?

/s

P.S. The marketing guy below you as always posted the usual video and dodged this post...

Quote Originally Posted by MrAnderson View Post
    This been the most popular event of Star Citizen with record breaking players clogging the servers.
    Oh yes, “clogging servers” is a nice metric to go for, because you know, CiG servers are well-known for their sturdiness, it’s not like they frequently randomly crash, or that they have a 50 player cap that is further reduced to be able to host specific events, or that there has been content removed/disabled to prevent them from imploding....