Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Pretty sure FelPlague is just pouring a mountain of sarcasm onto their posts. At least, I hope so...
    His sarcasm only works if you dont understand tolerating things is on a spectrum and isnt always binary(and also the fact they probably ran out of time to make proper be models anyway)
    Last edited by Video Games; 2022-05-24 at 05:43 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Although higher in polycount the new model resembles a hyena less than the old one. The new one looks like a stuffed animal as opposed to a wild beast.

The lower resolution textures on older models leave more space for filling in the blanks in your mind, thus creating a more rugged look. Just the colouring alone on the old hyena model seems like it's dirty, enforcing that wild beast look. You saw the same issues with the new characters models in WoD, a lot of faces lost their flavour when losing the low resolution textures. Blizzard had to change the actual face models a bit to get the same results as the old textures.
    Tell me what about the right one looks LESS like a hyena then the left? what is it?

cause i can say the left looks more like an elephant then the right one, but without giving any actual reasons why thats a pointless argument.

also the argument "the old model is better because it leaves more room for the imagination" is not an argument, because then the next step is.

"This is peak model design."

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty sure FelPlague is just pouring a mountain of sarcasm onto their posts. At least, I hope so...
    yeah that is kinda the point, you cant be crying and complaining about "They ruined the wow artstyle by updating it" while praising a version of the game that literally updated the actual wow artstyle.

"They ruined the wow artstyle, and by that i mean the TBC artstyle, not the wow artstyle."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Or, as a ce raider till sod, releveling in bcc was much harder than it has been in retail since bc and i still wouldnt pull more than 2 mobs despite my 17 years of playing
    sounds like the game is more your speed, cause as someone who speedran to level 70 when tbc classic first came out, i spent most of my leveling pulling up to 5 mobs at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Tell me what about the right one looks LESS like a hyena then the left? what is it?

cause i can say the left looks more like an elephant then the right one, but without giving any actual reasons why thats a pointless argument.

also the argument "the old model is better because it leaves more room for the imagination" is not an argument, because then the next step is.

"This is peak model design."

- - - Updated - - -

yeah that is kinda the point, you cant be crying and complaining about "They ruined the wow artstyle by updating it" while praising a version of the game that literally updated the actual wow artstyle.

"They ruined the wow artstyle, and by that i mean the TBC artstyle, not the wow artstyle."

- - - Updated - - -

sounds like the game is more your speed, cause as someone who speedran to level 70 when tbc classic first came out, i spent most of my leveling pulling up to 5 mobs at a time.
    Funny. I watched your stream a bit during ep and you could barely do the first boss while i was on mythic azshara

How would updating Outland models make Blizzard any money? Think man

7+ Year Old Account
    Funny. I watched your stream a bit during ep and you could barely do the first boss while i was on mythic azshara
    Lol what?
    I have never streamed my raids my dude...

also I literally took a break during EP to play wow classic because it came out during then.

if you are gunna lie to try and make yourself look cool at least try harder.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol what?
    I have never streamed my raids my dude...

also I literally took a break during EP to play wow classic because it came out during then.

if you are gunna lie to try and make yourself look cool at least try harder.
    Nah it was you on your lock. I specifically watched to see how good one of the most notorious mmochamp shit talker is and was left pretty disappointed

10+ Year Old Account
    He isn't. FelPlague has admitted to having Asperger syndrome (others have called it autism like on Twitter and Reddit... so remains to be seen what is true) and also has acknowledged in the past that he does not understand how he makes others feel based on what he writes.

The fact that he continues to be toxic going 5 years strong on MMO-C with this in mind is indicative of this person's true nature. Toxic. Also, the fact that he puts himself out there across multiple platforms as a personality -- branded and all, with his entire life story and antics out there on full display-- and is as steadfast insufferable as ever is mindboggling.

Best to ignore him or put him on ignore like the rest of us.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-05-24 at 06:13 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah it was you on your lock. I specifically watched to see how good one of the most notorious mmochamp shit talker is and was left pretty disappointed
    Again, I didn't stream my EP progression soooo alright mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, I didn't stream my EP progression soooo alright mate.
    Nah you did. It had your old pfp and name and everything. I was watching it on the train ride home :^)

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah you did. It had your old pfp and name and everything. I was watching it on the train ride home :^)
    "old name" my name has always been the same my dude...
    are you alright? Cause I think I know what I did and did not do better then you do, especially since I RECORD my own footage for videos, and I cannot stream and record footage at the same time...
    You seem a bit obsessed at this point that you are so sure that you watched me stream EP progress when I know for a fact I did not.

????
    What are you on about?

"Hyena" -------------------------------------------------------------- "Raw pastry Claymation"
    Mate I think you need LASIK surgery.

- - - Updated - - -

"grimdark" lol what? the game was never grim dark what in the hell are you on about my dude?
    Show me this "grimdark"
    hell retail wow looks closer to warhammer and grimdark then classic does.
    If you don't think that wow classic is darker than retail wow, I don't know what to tell you. I'm not claiming it's some grim dark dystopian nightmare with no levity. It is the juxtaposition of those elements that matters.

Warcraft 1 was literally a licensed Warhammer game that they turned into an original IP, so to act all condescending like this is a crazy idea is silly.

Modern wow animation style is much more bouncy and fluid, like an American style cartoon, almost simpsons-esque or looney . It also uses an extremely bright color palette and has a tough time breaking from that. The proportions on most models are far more extreme than they used to be. Textures avoid blacks, going for dark grey/purple/blue instead.

A good comparison would be Stratholme to Revendreth. Stratholme is a pretty grim place. Revendreth looks like a vampire amusement park.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

15+ Year Old Account
    "old name" my name has always been the same my dude...
    are you alright? Cause I think I know what I did and did not do better then you do, especially since I RECORD my own footage for videos, and I cannot stream and record footage at the same time...
    You seem a bit obsessed at this point that you are so sure that you watched me stream EP progress when I know for a fact I did not.
    I said old pfp, i didnt say old name. Anyway, i think youre the one that gets a bit obsessed when people dont agree with your opinion. I do not like the new art style starting in cata, but especially in mop onward. Good luck trying to convince me otherwise

Also that hyena comparison is terrible. The old hyena has so many dark accents, giving it a menacing, rugged look. The eyes, shrouded in black, are much creepier. The teeth are correctly proportioned so they are much more menacing than the outrageously large sabertoothed tiger teeth on the modern one. That look like the teeth on something like Monsters Inc. Why does the modern one look so fluffy? Why is its coat shiny? And this isn't even to speak of the animation, where the newer one practically bounces and the original one stalks low to the ground. The original one even has the proper downward arching back, which implies the ability to spring forward quickly, while the new one has a hump on the front rather than a slope toward the back. This is closer to a dog than a hyena, with the giant puppy paws.
    -ynnady

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Also that hyena comparison is terrible. The old hyena has so many dark accents, giving it a menacing, rugged look. The eyes, shrouded in black, are much creepier. The teeth are correctly proportioned so they are much more menacing than the outrageously large sabertoothed tiger teeth on the modern one. That look like the teeth on something like Monsters Inc. Why does the modern one look so fluffy? Why is its coat shiny? And this isn't even to speak of the animation, where the newer one practically bounces and the original one stalks low to the ground. The original one even has the proper downward arching back, which implies the ability to spring forward quickly, while the new one has a hump on the front rather than a slope toward the back. This is closer to a dog than a hyena.
    the eyes arnt "shrouded in black" they literally are the eyeballs...

the eyes are not their own model, they are literally a painted on texture.
    meanwhile the new one is actually atleast somewhat shrouded in black.

the teeth are png's that arnt even sharp or properly cut out.

pretty close to actual hyena teeth btw, the updated one.

although of course they are exxagerated, but they are done so they stand out better.
    why is it fluffy?

cause hyena are fluffy.

"the original one is lower to the ground and downard arching back"
    dude they are literally the exact same skeleton, this is how we know you are talking out your wazoo, as they are literally both the exact same distance from the ground and both have the same general skeleton.

also i find it funny you say "the old one is lower to the ground and has a donward arching back which is better"
    When its actually the new one that has more so of both.

Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-05-24 at 06:33 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

At this point I just chalk it up to People that think the Top one is somehow a better Model than the bottom one are being Contrarian for the sake of it, or just flat out Mentally handicapped.

inb4 "Hurp durp Opinion hurp durp subjective". The updated Models are objectively better, stop being a retard.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    At this point I just chalk it up to People that think the Top one is somehow a better Model than the bottom one are being Contrarian for the sake of it, or just flat out Mentally handicapped.

inb4 "Hurp durp Opinion hurp durp subjective". The updated Models are objectively better, stop being a retard.
    There where also people thinking classic would be the real hard stuff, screw off casuals!

Yeah.. I think that's all you need to know how jaded some people are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    There where also people thinking classic would be the real hard stuff, screw off casuals!

Yeah.. I think that's all you need to know how jaded some people are.
    i rememeber people saying

Molten core will take weeks to go down
    Then the following
    Blackwing lair is when it will get actually hard!
    AQ is when it will get actually hard!
    Naxx is when it will get actually hard!
    TBC is when it will get actually hard!
    Black temple is when it will get actually hard!
    Sunwell is when it will get actually hard!
    Wotlk! is when it will get actually hard!

I haven't really played Modern WoW since Classic released. Here's my Classic Paladin for reference: https://classic.warcraftlogs.com/cha...icus#zone=1011

With that said, Classic:

• Models.
    • Geography and Terrain textures.
    • General environment detail.

are almost entirely inferior to those of Modern WoW. Every single time someone says Modern WoW looks "cartoony" or "disney" I cringe a bit. It's such blatant bullshit, you just need to lose your extreme confirmation bias.

Here's a good example. The untouched Classic tree models and ground textures on the border of Arathi and Southshore. Compare those to the remastered Arathi Highlands ones:

Look at the skyboxes in BfA:

Skybox in Stormwind on my Classic Paladin:

Here's an Undead Male from Modern WoW. You can make these dudes look like they belong in a survival horror game:

Classic looks like ass compared to Modern WoW. The awful graphics aren't the reason I play it and the good graphics weren't enough to keep me playing Modern WoW.
    Last edited by Master Factician; 2022-05-24 at 07:11 PM.

the eyes arnt "shrouded in black" they literally are the eyeballs...
    Like I said... they are black...

the eyes are not their own model, they are literally a painted on texture.

the teeth are png's that arnt even flat or properly cut out.
    Neither of these are stylistic complaints. Those are fidelity issues.

pretty close to actual hyena teeth btw, the updated one.
    why is it fluffy?
    cause hyena are fluffy.
    This is what a hyenas mouth looks like:

The teeth aren't comically gigantic and protruding out up past the nose.

Hyenas have rough fur that goes in lots of directions, not a nicely coifed coat that goes front to back.

"the original one is lower to the ground and downard arching back"
    dude they are literally the exact same skeleton, this is how we know you are talking out your wazoo, as they are literally both the exact same distance from the ground and both have the same general skeleton.

The ears are the same height as the tail in the new one. The back is arrow-straight, it just has a hump. Are you really going to argue about something we can all plainly see in the pictures???

Just noticed the Disney-esque underbelly that is a complete contrast to the rest of the fur, as opposed to the rough and dirty gradient on the original.
    -ynnady

10+ Year Old Account
    New models don't fit into the old game very well. It looks like shit when they change them in retail, it would look like shit if they did it in TBC classic. Besides, it's classic not WoW Remastered.

Also, a lot of the new models, animations and spell effects look like shit compared to the old ones. I'd rather they just left it alone and kept the old stuff.