Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by YUPPIE View Post
    oh, what the hell, the gunman is actually dead and not arrested. That sucks when it does happen.

Now no motive or anything.
    Yeah, the real tragedy here is that the gunman was killed.

:massive_fucking_eyeroll:

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    They have the means to do their job. They could still benefit from more funding, however.
    How do you figure? they have nowhere near enough people to even do inspections with figures going down every year. The last one I saw was 7% that was from 2016, there are more gun store now than before. If the ATF vanished tomorrow you wouldn't notice unless someone tells you.

Yeah, the real tragedy here is that the gunman was killed.

:massive_fucking_eyeroll:
    Yes, I think it's a huge deal if a gunman is ever killed and a fault of triggerhappy police. If they die, they don't own up to anything and there's no discernable motive. Look at the Buffalo shooter in court, he looked absolutely humiliated.

I always watch the court hearings of these mass shooters to see them actually face justice.
    "Truth...justice, honor, freedom! Vain indulgences, every one(...) I know what I want, and I take it. I take advantage of whatever I can, and discard that which I cannot. There is no room for sentiment or guilt."

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How do you figure? they have nowhere near enough people to even do inspections with figures going down every year. The last one I saw was 7% that was from 2016, there are more gun store now than before. If the ATF vanished tomorrow you wouldn't notice unless someone tells you.
    The number of federal firearm dealers has actually decreased since 2016
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    The number of federal firearm dealers has actually decreased since 2016
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ers-in-the-us/
    I stand corrected, is there consolidation in the space because sales have not dipped so low as to warrant this?

I stand corrected, is there consolidation in the space because sales have not dipped so low as to warrant this?
    Looking at it I can't find anything definite, but depending on how the federal fire arms dealers are listed this could of been a reason. If the Dick's and Walmart stores each counted as a dealer for each store that stopped selling it could of done it.
    https://www.retaildive.com/news/what...-sales/567578/

According to google Dick's has 730 stores and Walmart has 4742.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.yahoo.com/news/texas-sch...173651467.html
    A Border Patrol agent who was nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.

The agent was wounded but able to walk out of the school, the law enforcement source said.
    Props to that agent.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure? they have nowhere near enough people to even do inspections with figures going down every year. The last one I saw was 7% that was from 2016, there are more gun store now than before.
    You're just full of wrong information, aren't you.

The number of active FFL business dipped lower between 2005-2011, which caused a temporary boost in the percentage of compliance checks, but it came back to normal levels following that. Actually, the number of FFL business declined steadily from the high in 1992 until 2009. Staffing and training caught back up and you see a rising trend in inspection percentages from 2015 to 2019, before everything was affected by the pandemic in 2020. Current numbers are basically higher than any point prior to 2007.

If the ATF vanished tomorrow you wouldn't notice unless someone tells you.
    You're absolutely clueless.
    Last edited by PhaelixWW; 2022-05-25 at 01:17 AM.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Until you're outta the womb*

Then you need to pull yourself up by your baby bootstraps and look into guns for babies to defend themselves with.
    They are really just about Freedom. A fetus can't choose between getting murdered in a school or losing an arm while working in a factory. A 4 year old can. Well they could if those evil democrats didn't pass anti-freedom laws like child labor laws.

“The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't even know what to say at this point. This has just become an acceptable consequence of maintaining 2A for too many people in the country. We've got a strong anti-gun Democratic candidate running for governor in Texas already, and he's gonna get slaughtered by that piece of shit Greg Abbott.

Conservatives will probably just use this to push defunding public schools harder. Pieces of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They are really just about Freedom. A fetus can't choose between getting murdered in a school or losing an arm while working in a factory. A 4 year old can. Well they could if those evil democrats didn't pass anti-freedom laws like child labor laws.
    Freedom to be born but not freedom to live as one pleases if they're gay or trans, for example.

You're just full of wrong information, aren't you.
    Your own charts shows 7.5% inspections in 2020 so thanks for making my point that the ATF is a toothless agency.

You're absolutely clueless.
    Ditto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your own charts shows 7.5% inspections in 2020 so thanks for making my point that the ATF is a toothless agency.
    I guess you don't know how to read:
    everything was affected by the pandemic in 2020

Ditto.
    How does it feel to make a fool of yourself?

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

How does it feel to make a fool of yourself?
    You would have to be to think all those numbers show strong enforcement.

10+ Year Old Account
    You would have to be to think all those numbers show strong enforcement.
    I, unlike you, have been been a part of several ATF audits. That's why I can speak meaningfully to their enforcement, where you can only make vague, incorrect claims.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

I, unlike you, have been been a part of several ATF audits. That's why I can speak meaningfully to their enforcement, where you can only make vague, incorrect claims.
    Your own numbers disprove your point, it's obvious they don't have enough people for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Don't even know what to say at this point. This has just become an acceptable consequence of maintaining 2A for too many people in the country. We've got a strong anti-gun Democratic candidate running for governor in Texas already, and he's gonna get slaughtered by that piece of shit Greg Abbott.

Conservatives will probably just use this to push defunding public schools harder. Pieces of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Freedom to be born but not freedom to live as one pleases if they're gay or trans, for example.
    I don't think they will try to defund schools more I think they will try to make them hire armed guards and or have teachers carry guns without increasing their budgets to compensate for the increased costs.

They don't care if all your options are horrible as long as you got options.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your own numbers disprove your point, it's obvious they don't have enough people for the job.
    You must be reading some imaginary numbers.

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

You must be reading some imaginary numbers.
    A small percentage of inspections occur each year nowhere near what is needed to monitor the gun market in the US. It would be something else if guns were electronically traced but they are not.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

- - - Updated - - -

They are going to turn schools into shooting galleries and make fetus' citizens.

And next up on Season 7 of Gilead 'Merica....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don’t think anything will be done, so we can either keep going in circles with legislations that go nowhere, or we find something that both parties can agree on — like schools that are built and treated like other government buildings, where armed grounds are stationed inside and out. If politicians and court rooms get this kind of protection, so should our kids.
    That's a moderately ridiculous idea that seeks to not try and solve the problem, but just deal with it and try and mitigate the damage. It's like finding out you've got a leak in your kitchen sink, so you drill a hole in your outer wall and run a funnel under the drip into a pipe that leads outside.

It's a non-solution that creates all-new problems, all because you're too tight-assed to consider that maybe calling a plumber is a reasonable idea.