Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I don't think you're getting a bulkier option. I think something more like this is likely;

We'll see.
    Yes this is exactly what I’m wanting as an option.
    Chen isn't a Monk

10+ Year Old Account
    That option is fine even if I stand by the vanilla model of Dracthyr(When I say vanilla I mean the original that we were shown).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Houle View Post
    Imagine saying this with a straight face lmao
    Theres a difference between something that will attract furries simply because they are (somehow) into this shit, and something that looks like it was straight up CREATED to attract them.
    The only actual difference between the two is that you don't like one and so desperately want to associate it with something considered objectionable as a thinly veiled appeal to spite.

They are both furshit or they both aren't. Being muscular or masculine isn't counter to being furry, if anything it's directly in-line. Go google "male furry" right now and you'll find that most pictures don't have lithe, lanky, narrow-shouldered characters like the Dracthyr, they have barrel-chested muscular bara type guys or ripped, masculine "gym trainer" sorts of guys.

Bulking them up is sure as shit more deliberately trying to attract furries than their current iteration.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2022-05-25 at 05:22 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a furry myself I would def be more interested in Dracthyr if they were thiccer, so you got me there.
    Honorary member of the Baine Fanclub, the only member really.

Given we are talking additional options, what's the harm in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    WoW races do not have body type options.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    But Dracthyr will, we know that much.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Orcs having hunched/upright options

Male/female bodies for each race.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Well if Darkfallen really is the Allied race I would hope that teaches them how pointless all that encryption is. They spent all this time encrypting a major feature just for half the community to immediately guess exactly what it was. In fact outlets were even reporting about it. So much for that "surprise" factor.
    Well if they are.. we still dont know how it will turn out if at all. So the element of suprise is still there really. I dont think it will happen regardless. At best hunter cosmetic option with the info we got. I would be suprised if it ends up being an allied race so there you go nothing is lost.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-05-25 at 05:34 AM.

But Dracthyr will, we know that much.
    They haven't said anything like that. Just that there are customization like every race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Orcs having hunched/upright options

Male/female bodies for each race.
    Posture is not body type.

Dracthyr have only one dragon form. Only visage form is gendered.

I think it's super dishonest to pretend this is just "talking about additional options". The discourse went like this:
    -Dracthyr released
    A: "These are terrible, they need to change them now, they need to make them big and bulky like actual dragons. No one asked for these, add Drakonids or Dragonmen. How do we go about fixing these?"
    B: "They are fine, not everyone wants to play bara characters."
    A: "W-wow, n-no one is suggesting they be changed or replace or modified, we're just asking for additional options being added to the current one! :^)"

It only became "additional options" when people back-peddled their original demands for total replacement and revision and realized that they could bad faith "just wanting" more customization and then lobby that into "why are you against more customization options and choices? :^)". This becomes super obvious when many of the people just "talking additional options" still turn around and post about how Dracthyr need to be "fixed", or replaced. So it's not really a matter of additional options.

But totally ignoring that, the harm is the figurative 'raid tier'. People demanding an additional body type be added because they don't find the regular one interesting or to their tastes are asking Blizzard to commit additional time to that that could be going to more customization options for the people who do like the race, or for more customization options to Dragonriding mounts, or even to more interesting racial body types that people have been asking for for years, like Forest Troll options for darkspear, or thin Kul Tirans, or Nightborne closer to Night Fallen.

It's the same problem as High Elf posters. What's the harm in adding a high elf options to the void elves? That they could have spent time adding options to races that actually need more customization instead of giving people who didn't feel like playing Horde the option to play their favorite race on Alliance instead.

On the flip side, all of the encryption has raised expectations for a lot of people to very high levels, which they may not be able to meet. Part of the issue is that things slipped through and so now speculation is running rampant.

Going from “we know everything in the patch” to having so much encrypted is gonna come with some friction In the transition .

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    It's the same problem as High Elf posters. What's the harm in adding a high elf options to the void elves? That they could have spent time adding options to races that actually need more customization instead of giving people who didn't feel like playing Horde the option to play their favorite race on Alliance instead.
    I was hoping we could NOT rehash the same pointless conversation yet again on this thread. We were talking about the additional body shape. We KNOW an additional bodyshape was planned. So if people like the current shape, good for them they are getting it.

- - - Updated - - -

They haven't said anything like that. Just that there are customization like every race.
    https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...-and-tina-wang
    "You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor."
    So we know they get three different torso shapes.

I was hoping we could NOT rehash the same pointless conversation yet again on this thread. We were talking about the additional body shape. We KNOW an additional bodyshape was planned. So if people like the current shape, good for them they are getting it.
    I think it's trepidation because Blizzard has historically proven to be allergic to nuance when it comes to certain decisions, they go to one extreme and if people dislike that extreme, they go to the OTHER extreme, without thinking about hitting the middle ground.

I could see concern that if people complain about Dracthyr enough to make the art team rethink them in totality, as opposed to just getting the extra option (which is ALWAYS a good thing), we'll end up with basically deformed alligators in their attempts to make them what the naysayers "think" they should look like. Compare Before and After of Cataclysm-era Worgen, where they had to double back to address the "lack of ferocity" and what we got then took them nearly 10 years to fix.

I

https://warcraft.blizzplanet.com/blo...-and-tina-wang
    "You can even slightly change your torso to be like slightly more slender or slightly bulkier; and the armor that you wear is a type of armor that you will be able to customize at the Barbershop, too. So Dracthyr, I think they’ll also be able to wear shoulders, tabards, belts across their visage and Dracthyr form. While the visage form is able to wear all-armor."
    So we know they get three different torso shapes.
    Well I stand corrected there. They should do real preview and not drop these tidbits in some randomass interviews.

A bit more onto the actual topic. I feel like my far-flung pipe dream for pre-orders would be a "Surprise! Evokers are well-tested enough to put into live servers for pre-orders instead of waiting for the Pre-event." But I'm realistic enough to know there's no way in hell, not without letting the playerbase get their hands on them to test first, and especially not with another Season starting where introducing an entire new class would be devastating to the meta (even though I think it'd be funny as hell to watch the hardcore side of the playerbase scramble around them).

Well I stand corrected there. They should do real preview and not drop these tidbits in some randomass interviews.
    Or at least do a better job at having all the interview links in one spot so we don't have to depend on WoWHead. They did post links on their weekly summary blog but it is not at all comprehensive.
    And yeah, should do a preview.

We'll be getting it Soon(tm), according to Ion about... a month ago.

Part of me seriously wonders if they had the blog preview mostly ready to go, then decided to work on a bulkier body option than even their bulkiest after seeing the feedback, so it ended up being delayed.

Though I feel like you could say that about all the DF info we've got so far. They hyped it up and spoke of it like we were right on the horizon of Alpha... and then complete and total radio silence since then. Makes me wonder if they got into the nitty gritty and something dire happened internally at this point, honestly.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2022-05-25 at 06:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    We'll be getting it Soon(tm), according to Ion about... a month ago.
    Ion said "Soon, no TM". Which I guess also needs a definition since it definitely is nothing like how most people define soon.

Ion said "Soon, no TM". Which I guess also needs a definition since it definitely is nothing like how most people define soon.
    Are we sure he's not a robot whose lifespan is only defined by breaking down? In that situation "soon" could be decades.