7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    I only use roflcopter mount, so it’s more so the fact that I want to use my CM set with it.
    Yeah, sadly Paladins, together with DH's, Shamans and Druids need atleast some art done in order to make them available for every race. I'm wondering if they could make a placeholder compromise to give them out quicker - like having generic HD class stuff until they come around to make the unique ones? In the end, all Paladins/Shamans/DH's/Druids would get some cool new generic stuff aswell as the option to play every race with a promise of an update later on. I'm just not sure if Blizzard would be happy with that, see the "Housing with just Orc/Human assets wouldn't be the standard we would like to have" quote from Ion.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Sure, yet they don't really look like shrunken down bipedal dragons though, not with that body shape. Dragons in WoW (and generally) don't have sexual dimorphism but they do that by having all of them look imposing and mighty, regardless of their sex. To me the Dracthyr does not look like a shrunk down bipedal version of a mighty dragon but like a straightened up dragonman given proper wings.

As far as I've seen that's the problem for most that aren't on the extreme end. If dragons in WoW were slender af and more lithe/agile the Dracthyr would absolutely look like a bipedal version of them, but dragons are hulking behemoths regardless of sex. But I absolutely do not want any design removed, only options added, and nothing that makes them Draconid levels of gigabuff, but the Thunderbird edit is exactly what I would like for my Dracthyr to feel like it's a bipedal WoW dragon. The neck and jaw especially would go miles, but then the shoulders need to be broader for the neck/head not to look cartoonishly big in comparison etc etc
    While I have no intention to get into the dimorphism aspect of this discussion, I feel like it's important to remember what we've heard about the Dracthyr when considering how they would look. Per Wowpedia, they were "who combined the essence of dragons with the adaptability of the mortal races to create a race of ideal soldiers." (Source: https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dracthyr)

When I see phrasing like that, it sounds to me like they aren't meant to be bipedal dragons, they are meant to be a proper mix between dragons & mortal races. To truly have the adaptability of the mortal races, you'd want a body that can work best in all situations. The Thunderbird edit looks stronger & bulkier, but when I think about how it would fare in a lot of potential combat situations vs. the Dracthyr body we've seen, I feel like the current model would work better for most situations. It's slimmer & a bit more aerodynamic, so it would in theory seem to be a faster swimmer. Without the extra size, it's not going to have the same amount of wind hitting it in flight, so it's likely to fly faster. It doesn't look as heavy, so things like stealth would be easier. It likely wouldn't have the same strength for hand to hand combat, but given that most of the abilities are ranged as is & there isn't really a hand-to-hand combat class with the Dracthyr, that's not as big an issue as it may initially seem.

The body they have really isn't a bipedal dragon so much as an adaptable body infused with the powers of all dragonflights.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    Doesn't look like you don't give a shit judging by your comments

And yeah, the vitriol people receive for even daring to say that it would be cool if a race only had one gender so non-binary people would have some representation makes the comparison to the witch hunts quite apt.

Then again, the WoW community and especially in here is just a cesspool when it comes to anything that's not straight and white though
    It's like you didn't even read the beginning of the discussion. Or maybe just don't want to understand what I'm getting at. But hey, that makes two of you and you seem to like pretending you are being attacked.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Disagree I think said person was just trying to say don't need to be so anal about sexual dimorphism.
    Thank you, at least one rational voice here.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Posture is not body type.

Dracthyr have only one dragon form. Only visage form is gendered.
    Both of those still show that it’s very easy for blizzard to add more body type options,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Again, dragons don't have differences between genders in their dragon form. I would be so mad if they would turn the awesome dracthyr into another "manly buffed ape-race".
    Are you trying to say women can’t be muscular even in a fantasy setting?
    You can keep them ‘gender neutral’ and have varying body type options not restricted to male/female.

There’s nothing wrong with adding options.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-05-25 at 03:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Both of those still show that it’s very easy for blizzard to add more body type options,
    They've never done this before. All races have zero body type options.

7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Are you trying to say women can’t be muscular even in a fantasy setting?
    You can keep them ‘gender neutral’ and have varying body type options.

There’s nothing wrong with adding options.
    No, I say that dragons in WoW have no muscular differences between genders. A female dragon is as buffed as a male one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    They've never done this before. All races have zero body type options.
    That's true too. If they can't even be arsed to do different body types for Kul Tirans, something that actually would make sense lorewise and was asked by the community, why should they make different body types for Dracthyr although it makes no sense in relation to other drakes and dragons in WoW.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

People really wanting sexual dimorphism for dracs?

Lol no...

Dragons, across all media have always had little to no sexual dimorphism and wow is no different.

It's fine that dracs themselves look the same across males and females. At least the visage form shows it.

Normally I'm against all this woke gender politics bullshit, but if this new race sates what the woke crowd craves for representation then I'm actually for it ONLY BECAUSE it makes sense in this form.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, I say that dragons in WoW have no muscular differences between genders. A female dragon is as buffed as a male one.
    Precisely, so what exactly is the issue with adding a slightly bulkier option?

Why does the model NEED to be lean and lanky?

Formerly known as Arafal

1+ Year Old Account
    Yes because those are dragons, and they’re massive to begin with.
    Very different than a humanoid hybrids described as being “ideal soldiers”.

Kind of weird for an “ideal soldier” to have little to no muscle mass, if they’re silenced they’re pretty much screwed.

That's true too. If they can't even be arsed to do different body types for Kul Tirans, something that actually would make sense lorewise and was asked by the community, why should they make different body types for Dracthyr although it makes no sense in relation to other drakes and dragons in WoW.
    Luckily for us they’ve already confirmed them adding more torso/body options for the Dracthyr including a ‘slightly bulkier’ option.

However we still haven’t seen them, so still hoping for something akin to Thunderbrush’s edits.
    Chen isn't a Monk

7+ Year Old Account
    They've never done this before.
    They have never done a race before that could not show some of its worn gear either.

Then it happened.
    Twice.

I doubt it would be much of a problem for Blizzard to add a bulkier model option when 1) they said they would and 2) the model only shows 3 items rather than the full 9.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    People really wanting sexual dimorphism for dracs?

Lol no...

Dragons, across all media have always had little to no sexual dimorphism and wow is no different.

It's fine that dracs themselves look the same across males and females. At least the visage form shows it.

Normally I'm against all this woke gender politics bullshit, but if this new race sates what the woke crowd craves for representation then I'm actually for it ONLY BECAUSE it makes sense in this form.
    Sexual dimorphism is fine, just don't make it analogous to human dimorphism.
    If you want to make male and female dragons different then do it in some other way, like a more colorful plumage on males, or extra frills on the neck for females or something.
    Just assuming that dragons should have the same bodytype as humans is just lazy.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Because it looks awesome that way? You would like a more bulkier option and that's fine, but we have enough bulky races already in the game.

On that note, let's hope for some awesome beefy Tuskarr as an Allied Race with 10.1, right? I wouldn't mind Draconids with 10.2 either, just to give you guys the bulky fantasy. But don't destroy the Dracthyr ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Orcs having hunched/upright options

Male/female bodies for each race.
    They add one non-dimorphic race to the game & you're like "no"

They don't do this because it's basically like designing an entirely new additional race. They would need their own animations and everything.

1+ Year Old Account
    They add one non-dimorphic race to the game & you're like "no"

They don't do this because it's basically like designing an entirely new additional race. They would need their own animations and everything.
    Nah never said “no”
    Was saying that every race has at least two body types, with Orcs having a third with their upright body type.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post

Because it currently looks very convincingly androgynous, which fits perfectly with dragons not having any apparent sexual characteristics.
    Making a bulky option could easily make it appear male, which would kinda ruin the illusion of Dracthyr.

Basically, so long as the appearances either copy existing draconic traits like a beard, or keep the convincingly androgynous/genderless appearance then it's fine.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Nah never said “no”
    Was saying that every race has at least two body types, with Orcs having a third with their upright body type.
    Talking about Orcs, my female Orc Warlock would actually enjoy a good hunch but sadly we will never get that haha.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

For the sake of everyone here's sanity I hope we get some news today.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    For the sake of everyone here's sanity I hope we get some news today.
    I honestly think they’re gonna be holding news off for preorder/release date information.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Because it currently looks very convincingly androgynous, which fits perfectly with dragons not having any apparent sexual characteristics.
    Making a bulky option could easily make it appear male, which would kinda ruin the illusion of Dracthyr.

Basically, so long as the appearances either copy existing draconic traits like a beard, or keep the convincingly androgynous/genderless appearance then it's fine.
    But bulky doesn’t = male. The gym I go to has a lot of females that weight train and are very bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Sexual dimorphism is fine, just don't make it analogous to human dimorphism.
    If you want to make male and female dragons different then do it in some other way, like a more colorful plumage on males, or extra frills on the neck for females or something.
    Just assuming that dragons should have the same bodytype as humans is just lazy.
    Except you don't need it...

Again dragons never had any SD, why have it now?

The visage forms can get all of that SD customization.