Page 13 of 94 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I don’t understand how he got into the school. Excuse my ignorance, but I’m under the impression that it’s not super easy or quick to shoot open a locked door especially if police are shooting at you from behind.

Was the school in lockdown? And did they have armed security?

Thank you in advance to anyone who can answer these questions for me!

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    The job description of a police officer, even a beat cop, is to protect the public from active violence. Full stop. I worked against cops as a public defender for many years and had them say that's why they had to beat up my clients multiple times. Then they'd cite their rules and regulations as to why they were entitled to beat up a kid they deemed dangerous or fleeing.
    Lawyer'd!

Love to see it.

- - - Updated - - -

He hunkered down in a classroom and apparently killed every kid in the classroom.
    That true? So they contained him at the scene of the crime so he couldn't do more harm?

If that was the scenario, I'd say they acted correctly. IF those kids were already dead. If they listened to him execute children, yeah fuck 'em.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Nope, assaulting a gunman position is not in the job description of a beat cop. In the job description of a SWAT team or equivalent, it is.
    Then what the fuck's the point of having police, if their apparent only role is to enforce white supremacy and class privilege?

Oh, I might've just explained it.

The job description of a police officer, even a beat cop, is to protect the public from active violence. Full stop. I worked against cops as a public defender for many years and had them say that's why they had to beat up my clients multiple times. Then they'd cite their rules and regulations as to why they were entitled to beat up a kid they deemed dangerous or fleeing.
    Protect the public to the best of its abilities. A beat cop is not trained nor equip to assault a position of a gun man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Protect the public to the best of its abilities. A beat cop is not trained nor equip to assault a position of a gun man.
    Do they not have their own sidearms and body armor? That's literally being equipped to do so.

And if they're not trained, they shouldn't be out wandering the streets without supervision. If you're claiming they ARE trained and aren't rookies still in training, then your complaint about lack of training is also false.

The only other option is gross, systemic incompetence and malfeasance that's corrupted the entire police department, and every single officer therein, at every level.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is everyone's job then to stop a gun man (morally).
    …except Congress or the government, right?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Reading all this makes people like me view how warped the American brain is lmao. Talking about why the doors arent locked, why the security guards in elementary school arent opening fire lol. Do you understand how fucked up all of you sound. You dont actually care about where the violence comes from, which is why it will never be solved. Even if you put marines and tanks at every single door of your class rooms. MABYE, just mabye, unwarp your brain about your fucking stopping violence with even more of it.

Where i live, theres not a single fucking security guard around elementary or high schools. Theres a fucking old lady that serves as a conduct officer to reprimand unruly kids. School shooting are a one time every decade thing. So, if the less security we have doesent increase risk. The increased risk clearly COMES FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Then what the fuck's the point of having police, if their apparent only role is to enforce white supremacy and class privilege?
    Wow, I'm saving this one. This was gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post
    Reading all this makes people like me view how warped the American brain is lmao. Talking about why the doors arent locked, why the security guards in elementary school arent opening fire lol. Do you understand how fucked up all of you sound. You dont actually care about where the violence comes from, which is why it will never be solved. Even if you put marines and tanks at every single door of your class rooms. MABYE, just mabye, unwarp your brain about your fucking stopping violence with even more of it.

Where i live, theres not a single fucking security guard around elementary or high schools. Theres a fucking old lady that serves as a conduct officer to reprimand unruly kids. School shooting are a one time every decade thing. So, if the less security we have doesent increase risk. The increased risk clearly COMES FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE.
    The only time we saw a cop in my entire schooling career in multiple provinces here in Canada was when they were in the school for some public outreach thing, like "I'm a K-9 officer and here's my partner, so hi to the dog, kids!" stuff. Nor were there any kind of security, let alone armed security.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Wow, I'm saving this one. This was gold.
    Sometimes, the truth hurts, eh?

The only time we saw a cop in my entire schooling career in multiple provinces here in Canada was when they were in the school for some public outreach thing, like "I'm a K-9 officer and here's my partner, so hi to the dog, kids!" stuff. Nor were there any kind of security, let alone armed security.
    We had an officer come to our high school once a week and just walk around, chat with kids. We never had any issues worth police attention though. My partner at work has around 10 years on me and said it was the same when he was in school.

Quote Originally Posted by minteK917 View Post

We know the violence isn't caused by a lack of security, we just also know that's there is no realistic scenario anymore where we actually make any progress solving the real issue. That's why we talk about security so we can at least mitigate some damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    That's why we talk about security so we can at least mitigate some damage.
    Some, maybe. But like, I'm not spending any tax dollars on a pointless "security blanket" because some people don't want to solve the actual problems. I'm fine letting them determine how many children they're willing to sacrifice before they think about taking any action.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Some, maybe. But like, I'm not spending any tax dollars on a pointless "security blanket" because some people don't want to solve the actual problems. I'm fine letting them determine how many children they're willing to sacrifice before they think about taking any action.
    Just to make it clear I'm not talking about increasing funding, but stop waisting money on police getting military equipment and put it to hiring and training people who won't basically throw 2nd grades at a gunmen to save themselves like these cowards did.

After reading the disingenuous replies I got and watching people giving excuses to drunk driving and drug overdosing on the same level gun nuts give excuses about guns the one conclusion I can draw from this thread is that both sides act religious, holier than thou and are contemptuous towards one another. Both sides are coming from a point of moral superiority and each side rejects aggressively the others perspective. There is no leeway... no open discussion... zero tolerance and the sheer utterance of anything different from "your" perspective and you attack that person on a personal level.

And then some of you wonder why we have problems in our country when it comes to violence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    More money for police so more innocent black people can get murdered!
    Money for mental health care that isn't the problem in the first place!
    Money for armed school security who'll either run away to save themselves or just be avoided until the shooting starts!
    Reform schools so they function even more like prisons, prepping students for their resulting futures!

Anything but even considering that maybe American culture has a harmful obsession with encouraging gun violence and shit like the 2nd Amendment are legitimately stupid and harmful, in and of themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post
    After reading the disingenuous replies I got and watching people giving excuses to drunk driving and drug overdosing on the same level gun nuts give excuses about guns the one conclusion I can draw from this thread is that both sides act religious, holier than thou and are contemptuous towards one another. Both sides are coming from a point of moral superiority and each side rejects aggressively the others perspective. There is no leeway... no open discussion... zero tolerance and the sheer utterance of anything different from "your" perspective and you attack that person on a personal level.

And then some of you wonder why we have problems in our country when it comes to violence.
    From naked whataboutism to pointless "both sides" dishonesty.

Your talking points sheet is both old and ​obvious.

Edit:. Also, this is "open discussion". This is what that looks like. What you're experiencing here is criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anything but even considering that maybe American culture has a harmful obsession with encouraging gun violence and shit like the 2nd Amendment are legitimately stupid and harmful, in and of themselves.
    Well when you have half the population who hails folks like Kyle Rittenhouse as a hero you're bound to just accept the right kind of dead people are A-OK.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Dorothyjean View Post

Let's see.

One side recommends investing in mental health services and a national gun registry not unlike cars, or births.

The other side says no, calls that side a bunch of communists, and offers thoughts and prayers as a deterrant to school shootings. Oh and arming students with guns as well.

Yeah your 'both sides tho!' argument is shit, always has been shit, and will always be shit.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

But that cancer in the culture of America will never change, so our options are do nothing, try to mitigate the harm as best we can, or kill ourselves so others don't have to deal with Americans failure. Pick one

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    But that cancer in the culture of America will never change, so our options are do nothing, try to mitigate the harm as best we can, or kill ourselves so others don't have to deal with Americans failure. Pick one
    D) Stop worshipping the views of brutal slaving white supremacists and have an honest, reasoned discussion for once.

D) Stop worshipping the views of brutal slaving white supremacists and have an honest, reasoned discussion for once.
    We have tried that, half the population dosnt give two shits we can't change that.