Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    I noticed in videos on youtube, that metal is more popular in countries like Brazil,Japan,Europe and seems many there bring women who are into metal.

While in the United States, it is mostly a sausage fest with only guys.

I wonder why metal seems more popular abroad, then in the States.
    Europe is not a country. Why is this something Americans can’t understand?

because americans are conditioned to feel good from whatever will go on the radio. Generic stuff. That way retail can keep using a selection of music that correlates to better moods for shopping; more sales. That's one example of why we are conditioned thusly. It's all very consumer oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No we didn't.
    Well, we did concede our Monetary Policy. Governments have 2 basic tools to deal with the economy, Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy. By losing our ability to print money, and handing that power over to the European Central Bank, countries in the EU have lost 1 of the 2 governmental weapons to combat a failing economy. There's no Francs, Drachmas or Gilden anymore, there's only the Euro, controlled by Germany. Therefore, we have not lost our sovereignty, but we have lost 1 of our 2 weapons as governments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Well, we did concede our Monetary Policy. Governments have 2 basic tools to deal with the economy, Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy. By losing our ability to print money, and handing that power over to the European Central Bank, countries in the EU have lost 1 of the 2 governmental weapons to combat a failing economy. There's no Francs, Drachmas or Gilden anymore, there's only the Euro, controlled by Germany. Therefore, we have not lost our sovereignty, but we have lost 1 of our 2 weapons as governments.
    You do know there are like 9 or 10 European countries that are not members of the EU?

15+ Year Old Account
    Metal isn't especially popular in Japan, especially compared to pop. Think of all the idol groups. Hell, the most popular metal band in Japan is an idol group that makes novelty pop-metal fusion music.

Metal isn't very popular in Europe. However diversity and level of good music is something Europe is very good at since they have very strong government funding in music, culture and art, way more than US. In most EU countries they value art and music greatly. In US music is mostly a commodity and its mostly a industry which has to make money.

7+ Year Old Account
    Its not nearly popular in Brazil like it is in the unites states, we just have a lot of people, so it will grow a considerable fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    They think they are the "Americans" despite America being a continent as well, taking all the countries on it, its easy too see how they will think Europe is country.

Quote Originally Posted by Axelthefox View Post
    I noticed in videos on youtube, that metal is more popular in countries like Brazil,Japan,Europe and seems many there bring women who are into metal.

While in the United States, it is mostly a sausage fest with only guys.

I wonder why metal seems more popular abroad, then in the States.
    Because religious people in the U.S. have done their best to designate it as evil or coming from the devil.

- - - Updated - - -

As a European: who gives a shit? We know he means the continent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

You do know there are like 9 or 10 European countries that are not members of the EU?
    I do indeed, but how is that relevant to what I am saying? Someone said countries forfeited their sovereignty by joining the EU. As an Economist, I corrected that statement by explaining governments lost 1 of their 2 weapons in their arsenal to combat a failing economy - monetary policy & the power to print money. The amount of member states in the EU is irrelevant to the point at hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    Well, we did concede our Monetary Policy.
    Luckily not my country.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Metal is popular in countries where the indigenous pagan religion and culture got wrecked by Christianity, it's traditionally part of counter culture against the state and the church, ESPECIALLY if the two are connected

Quote Originally Posted by JoakimB View Post
    Ive been listening to Metal for about 25 years, and there is not a SINGLE good band from the US. They...cant, do Metal. Literally, cant. Its like 80% finnish, rest swe, nor, den and germany.
    Symphony-X is a great metal band

10+ Year Old Account
    I traveled across both europe and USA.

USA is incredibly diverse.

But to compare it to the entirety of europe is laughable at best.

There is like, 40 contries in europe, one of them being russia. Not mentioning other territories like scotland and Wales.

Maybe its a more obvious reason like: Metal is simply not as popular with american youth, or americans at all. Not to mention the sheer amoutn of options that Americans have in styles and whatnot.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    There is a really easy answer to this. America is more diverse, with more options, and likely far more musical styles to be exposed to on a daily basis. There will always be people stuck in the Top40, Japan, Brazil, whatever EU countries may apply are no different.

I think it's important to recognize that a niche visible market isn't representative of a massive popularity.
    for being such a diverse place, what are the unique music styles that have come from it?

i've never heard of any native american music that's noteworthy.
    country and trucker is pretty much only made there i guess?
    are there genres besides rock and roll that originated there and/or got their big break there?

honestly, for how influential and how much american cultural exports there are, i'm a bit hard pressed to say "that's typically american".

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    There is a really easy answer to this. America is more diverse, with more options, and likely far more musical styles to be exposed to on a daily basis.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this has to be a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this has to be a joke.
    Didn't you know ? Europe being a full white country we only have one culture : white culture ! (this is sarcasm to the post you quoted)

People should be ashamed to think somehow Europe is less diverse than America and just show how ignorant they are.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    It's because America is more diverse. It's nothing complicated.
    America is more diverse than multiple countries. With such cultural contributions such as fast food and school shootings.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Because Americans have taste and want no part of that screamo crap
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    Because Americans have taste and want no part of that screamo crap
    Tell me you don't know anything about metal without telling me you don't know anything about metal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Tell me you don't know anything about metal without telling me you don't know anything about metal
    That was a sarcasm for you right there.