Woo release date. Finally. Really hope the encrypted stuff isn’t disappointing

Dracthyr don't really seem like upright dragons as much as they do drakes, which, as someone else pointed out, are pretty spindly and have big noodle necks.

Well, I was right when I said PTR getting the release candidate meant we were about two weeks from release. I'm actually surprised its releasing next week.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasoka View Post
    )))))))))

Never doubt me again, I am transcended.
    But.....it never said anything about the date for release of patch and if it did, you're off by a day...two for US.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    But.....it never said anything about the date for release of patch and if it did, you're off by a day...two for US.
    ???
    He argued that the patch would come in the week of DIs release, which is on june 2nd, because they added the DI bnet icons to the PTR.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    ???
    He argued that the patch would come in the week of DIs release, which is on june 2nd, because they added the DI bnet icons to the PTR.
    oooopppsss...sorry, my bad

Kind of weird the Calia quest isn't mentioned at all? Maybe the encryption made us all think it was a bigger than it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Kind of weird the Calia quest isn't mentioned at all? Maybe the encryption made us all think it was a bigger than it really is.
    lol I took it the other way. Them mentioning the 10 minute DI Dwarf quest but not anything involving Calia, Tyrande, or Sylvanas stuff makes me think it actually is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by wowrefugee View Post
    lol I took it the other way. Them mentioning the 10 minute DI Dwarf quest but not anything involving Calia, Tyrande, or Sylvanas stuff makes me think it actually is a big deal.
    Gotta agree.

Probably its not coming on 9.2.5 release

I agree, I think it's going to be a big deal. In the Twitter Space interview between Steve Danuser/Ion Hazzikostas and Taliesin, the Tirisfal stuff in 9.2.5 was actually a topic of conversation. After asking about major characters in Dragonflight, Taliesin then specifically asked Danuser about whether we'd see more of Calia Menethil. Danuser's reply was as follows:

"Well, how to say this without... uh... some of you who have been watching the datamines of our 9.2.5 patch know that there is something that takes place in Tirisfal Glades, and some of that may allow us to catch up with Calia Menethil and delve into some storylines that affect the Forsaken and others who have been touched by the magic of death, and what it's done to their culture. So, there's definitely some stuff coming up that will be of interest."

Taliesin then point-blank asked what is keeping us from having Dark Ranger customizations. Danuser's (shortened) reply:

"Well, you know, generally when we put out new character customizations... we like to do it when it's thematic for a particular case. Obviously we don't do it every time, it's a rare and special thing, but when there is the right opportunity, that is absolutely something we'd consider. And let's not go into any more details than that."

From that, it seems very much like Danuser is walking on eggshells trying not to spoil anything. If there weren't eggshells to walk on, I'd have expected something more dismissive, tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Dracthyr don't really seem like upright dragons as much as they do drakes, which, as someone else pointed out, are pretty spindly and have big noodle necks.
    Pretty much. As I said in another thread, they're essentially drakes standing on their hind legs with all the powers of the dragons. They're also supposedly taller than Tauren, which tells me that Blizzard views length as a bigger issue than height.

That said, they're going to be one of the top WoW classes for years to come. Count on it.

Can't wait for next week. We'll get Terran Gregory cinematic goodness as well. Hope we get to see Calia's amazing model in a cinematic. And we already know we're gonna get something with Tyrande and the seed.
    Urgh, I wish it was next week already!

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Can't wait for next week. We'll get Terran Gregory cinematic goodness as well. Hope we get to see Calia's amazing model in a cinematic. And we already know we're gonna get something with Tyrande and the seed.
    Don't forget about Anduin and Sylvanas, they still have some stuff coming as well. All of that as in-game cinematics though, there's no pre-rendered cinematics/video files in 9.2.5 (unless they got extremely good at hiding those, which is highly unlikely as their file size would still stand out).

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Don't forget about Anduin and Sylvanas, they still have some stuff coming as well. All of that as in-game cinematics though, there's no pre-rendered cinematics/video files in 9.2.5 (unless they got extremely good at hiding those, which is highly unlikely as their file size would still stand out).
    Yeah Anduin and Sylvanas too, I was forgetting! Thank you
    As much as I love the pre rendered flashy ones, they've gotten so good at the in game ones I'll be very happy with them too. Also, they seem to use higher fidelity models for protagonists (Sylvanas, Anduin, Tyrande) and I love getting a peak at those and their detailed animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugnomo View Post
    Where did you got that from ??

Quote Originally Posted by LalaGamer View Post
    Where did you got that from ??
    A quick rundown of what we actually know about the encrypted files:
    • There are 2 encrypted splash screens for when the patch goes live, one for characters at 60 and another for characters below level 60. The splash screen for when season 4 hits is not encrypted. The splash screen is usually reserved for major features of a patch.
    • There are are some projected textures involving Calia & an updated version of Tirisfal Glades after the Battle for Lordaeron. They aren't related to any known quests so its safe to assume they are assets for an encrypted quest.
    • From DNI notes we know there is a an encrypted quest referred to as "Legacy of the Dark Rangers," "The Dark Rangers Pupil" and another involving Sylvanas in the Beastwarrens.
    • Like for the encrypted quest "Judgement," there are some new Tyrande animations likely intended for one of these quests.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-05-26 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    A quick rundown of what we actually know about the encrypted files:
    • There are 2 encrypted splash screens for when the patch goes live, one for characters at 60 and another for characters below level 60. The splash screen for when season 4 hits is not encrypted. The splash screen is usually reserved for major features of a patch.
    • There are are some projected textures involving Calia & an updated version of Tirisfal Glades after the Battle for Lordaeron. They aren't related to any known quests so its safe to assume they are assets for an encrypted quest.
    • From DNI notes we know there is a an encrypted quest referred to as "Legacy of the Dark Rangers," "The Dark Rangers Pupil" and another involving Sylvanas in the Beastwarrens.
    • Like for the encrypted quest "Judgement," there are some new Tyrande animations likely intended for one of these quests.
    Any chance you have a link to those files ??

According to wow.tools, there's a number of mounts encrypted too, and I don't mean the gooey slime saber or pre-order dragon.

Not sure all will be for 9.2.5, though.

Key # - wow.tools tag - patch
    378 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    377 - unknown mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    398 - unknown serpent mount (9.2.5 added/updated)
    342 - not tagged on wow.tools but is in the mount database (added 9.2, updated in 9.2.5)
    284 - gronn mount (?) <- been in files since 8.3, last updated seems to be 9.0.1)